Thoughts on Chris Brown - One Bills Live?

Matt_In_NH

Living outside of WNY I listen to OBL often and even though the host performance is something I kind of complain about I listen anyway.  It was Murphy and I was not a fan, now its Brown and really have a hard time with some of his takes. He seems to overemphasize certain things and he goes on these rampages where  he kind of shouts so loud it saturates the levels and hurts my ears.   Tasker does better during the season than the offseason.   What are other thoughts on Brown as the host, I think he is kind of weak.

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Living outside of WNY I listen to OBL often and even though the host performance is something I kind of complain about I listen anyway.  It was Murphy and I was not a fan, now its Brown and really have a hard time with some of his takes. He seems to overemphasize certain things and he goes on these rampages where  he kind of shouts so loud it saturates the levels and hurts my ears.   Tasker does better during the season than the offseason.   What are other thoughts on Brown as the host, I think he is kind of weak.

Murphy was beyond terrible and had to go. Tasker has improved some or has better chemistry with Brown. Brown loses his mind often and seems to talk about covid and his opinions on it more than football. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I agree that the yelling is ridiculous and juvenile but, generally, he comes across to me as someone who at least knows what he’s talking about. I loved Murph, by the way. 

Important to remember that they’re all company men...

Edited by TroutDog

The people the Bills employ and get air time are god awful.  Chris Brown is awful.  And I hate to say it, because he's so nice, but Murphy is one of the worst play by play people I've ever heard.  His show was brutal as well.

A lot of home town teams have some bad on air personalities, but ours are flat out awful.  And I know they have to be, but a lot of A## kissing by Brown, and Murph as well, made me stop listening to anything they've had to say about 5 or 6 years ago.

Great people.  But hard to listen to IMO.

Edited by Lv-Bills

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

My favorites were Bob Gaughan and Brad Riter

17 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

The people the Bills employ and get air time are god awful.  Chris Brown is awful.  And I hate to say it, because he's so nice, but Murphy is one of the worst play by play people I've ever heard.  His show was brutal as well.

A lot of home town teams have some bad on air personalities, but ours are flat out awful.  And I know they have to be, but a lot of A## kissing by Brown, and Murph as well, made me stop listening to anything they've had to say about 5 or 6 years ago.

Don't forget Maddie -- that voice is hard to listen to. Might be a nice girl - but not enjoyable to hear on the radio.

I have only heard her on the radio - never have seen her - perhaps she has other qualities that might endear an audience besides her lovely voice (I hope so, lol).

• Like (+1) 2

I rarely ever listen to any bills owned media anymore.  Tasker = awful

Brown =. I don’t hate him, but he reminds me of a cat.  He brings nothing to the table.

Glab = worst ever

i also think it’s a little strange that they have an all woman’s show with Glab and Kim where they predominantly bring on local woman reporters.  I’ve listened to  a couple shows to give Maddy the benefit of the doubt.  I’m done with that.  Their show is awful

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I rarely ever listen to any bills owned media anymore.  Tasker = awful

Brown =. I don’t hate him, but he reminds me of a cat.  He brings nothing to the table.

Glab = worst ever

i also think it’s a little strange that they have an all woman’s show with Glab and Kim where they predominantly bring on local woman reporters.  I’ve listened to  a couple shows to give Maddy the benefit of the doubt.  I’m done with that.  Their show is awful

Being the Bills nut that I am, I'm subjected to tune in. Especially after a big win like last night

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Being the Bills nut that I am, I'm subjected to tune in. Especially after a big win like last night

Don’t get me wrong, I listen to bills content 24-7.  There are countless Bills youtube content creators that run circles around Maddy and Kim.  There are at least 8 hours worth of decent bills content on yt right now (postgame content) that is better than the Bills content.

I’d much rather support actual billsmafia than the corporate schtick 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I like Brown.  He has gumption.

Jeremy White is my favorite but I like all except Schoop.  Murphy was too much of a homer to listen to consistently but never disliked him.

Yeah Schoop is pompous....last week he admitted the Bills are "just material" to him which on one hand I kind of get but it comes across bad in my opinion to say that especially when he lives and works in the market.   Its like he is lacking of any human factors.

40 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

I agree on Murphy also, the overall radio talent in Buffalo is lacking.  I do like Sal, he puts a lot of work in and that is obvious.  Also seems like a good dude.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Don’t get me wrong, I listen to bills content 24-7.  There are countless Bills youtube content creators that run circles around Maddy and Kim.  There are at least 8 hours worth of decent bills content on yt right now (postgame content) that is better than the Bills content.

I’d much rather support actual billsmafia than the corporate schtick 

Care to list the ones you like?

• Like (+1) 1

I used to be a daily listener to the Podcast, but haven't listened much since Murph left.  I like him a lot.

I was never that much of a Brownie fan, because he always came across as a bit arrogant.  However, I listened to a couple episodes from last week, and I thought he was doing a much better job.  Yeah, his yelling is bloody annoying but he's not as bad as he used to me.

It's the callers that still cause me the most frustration.

(Stop calling in and talking about Tasker making the HOF!  He doesn't want to hear it, and it slows the show down to a screeching halt.)

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 1