Thoughts on Chris Brown - One Bills Live?

Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

Bulldog just needs to be separated from Schopp, IMO. He was on with Sal the other day and it was a good listen. They are both personable guys and work well/complement one another. Schopp always seems to be trying too hard  to be 'the smartest man in the room' but just comes across as a general douche and disinterested in talking Buffalo sports.. He is a poor man's Colin Cowturd.

'Locked on Bills' with former Grand Islander Joe Marino.

One that I slipped my mind. Great content here as well 👍🏻

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Agree 100%- was going to post this but looked back and saw you already did.  As an out of towner this is my go to spot for Bills podcast and news.  I dropped One Bills Live months ago and don't miss that bore fest at all

'Locked on Bills' with former Grand Islander Joe Marino.

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

Living outside of WNY I listen to OBL often and even though the host performance is something I kind of complain about I listen anyway.  It was Murphy and I was not a fan, now its Brown and really have a hard time with some of his takes. He seems to overemphasize certain things and he goes on these rampages where  he kind of shouts so loud it saturates the levels and hurts my ears.   Tasker does better during the season than the offseason.   What are other thoughts on Brown as the host, I think he is kind of weak.

I feel kind of bad because he seems like a nice guy but I haven’t really cared for his work.  Maybe part of it is the position he’s in and his misleading job title of “Bills Insider.”  He also never established any kind of personality for himself in the way that a Sal Capaccio has.  

I used to get frustrated back in the day when the Bills had some terrible football teams and Brown was reluctant to ever admit it and pretended that they were a competent NFL franchise.  He wouldn’t acknowledge how awful their offense looked under Dick Jauron and reported as if Chan Gailey would be the Bills HC at a time when it was reported that Buddy was deciding his fate.

Also while reporters like Sa Maiorana, Tim Graham and Jerry Sullivan would ask tough questions, Brown would lob up softballs.

Since then I think he’s gotten better at reporting.  But I’ve always viewed him as a “yes man” who won’t say anything that’s not positive 

Living outside of WNY I listen to OBL often and even though the host performance is something I kind of complain about I listen anyway.  It was Murphy and I was not a fan, now its Brown and really have a hard time with some of his takes. He seems to overemphasize certain things and he goes on these rampages where  he kind of shouts so loud it saturates the levels and hurts my ears.   Tasker does better during the season than the offseason.   What are other thoughts on Brown as the host, I think he is kind of weak.

Petition the Pegulas to hire a sound engineer for the job? Perhaps pay someone to slap each of them with a 2x4 when they lean away from the mic or swallow it like a club girl on Chippewa during jäger night. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Petition the Pegulas to hire a sound engineer for the job? Perhaps pay someone to slap each of them with a 2x4 when they lean away from the mic or swallow it like a club girl on Chippewa during jäger night. 

I will contribute $17 to the 2x4 thing. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

cover1-  Eric Turner should probably be working for an nfl team imo.  I’ve learned so much over the years of watching his content.  His breakdowns are gold.  Gregg is amazing at what he does. He doesn’t have the technical knowledge that Eric has, but he’s a great middle man to deliver the info.  His side kick get too mad at social media.  He’s passionate and I respect it.  

Buffalo Fanatics.  Rico does a nice job of being a homer but also covering the stuff we don’t like to hear.  He’s never at a loss for words.  The channel has expanded in a big way and has hired several other bills content creators to do their shows on his channel.  They have content nightly and have had interviews with the likes of Dion Dawkins, Mario Addison and lil dirty mckenzie in recent weeks. Joe Miller is awesome on the mic and judge Mathis and Dave Tilton are a fun listen. Muki Hawkins, bills reporter, is also involved weekly.  They’re starting to sellout some though.  Now they have a weekly show with muki and a guy that sells merch and autographs.  I won’t watch that show.  

NYup-  they are professional reporters, not content creators.  Matt Parrino is awesome.  He’s great at what he does and I think he has a great future in whatever sport he decides to cover.  He’s a western NY kid that paved his way covering the UFC in Vegas and now has his dream job of covering his favorite team. Ryan Talbot, who chimes in here from time to time is a solid side kick.  Not as charismatic at Matt, but I lrespect his opinions and he puts in work.

Hashtag sports.  Mario and Paul are as real as they come.  Good guys.  Good conversations.  Solid content. 

Dan Mitchell is the ultimate Bills homer.  His knowledge of the game is a bit behind the others, in some respects he seems kind of clueless, but he’s entertaining (sometimes) and seems like a good guy just trying to make a name for himself.  He also does a podcast with former bills S Aaron Williams. Yo ho ho

Madmen sports-  a bootleg man cave show with 3 different personalities. Genuine guys that don’t sell out.  Diamond Dave cracks me up. 

I also listen to the cold front report and built in Buffalo depending on if we win or lose. There are a few more that I have subbed to, I’m just forgetting their names off the top of my head.  

Bruce Nolan from Buffalo Rumblings is better than all the names you mentioned 

Browns seems to know what he's talking about and he gets loud because he's passionate about what he is talking about . I always liked his insight when he use to guest spot on the show with Murph .

Brown is much more well spoken he doesn't stumble for words much plus his chemistry with Tasker has helped the back & forth between them he's much more knowledgeable than Murph on football stuff in general IMHO .

And the 1 of if not the biggest thing is i truly believe he is a huge Bills fan just like all of us and who here hasn't gotten a little hot over some stuff about the Bills over the years ...

One can be ecstatic about how the team is playing and at the same time talk about the local coverage and even criticize them.   We don't have to pretend "everything" in the world is perfect because the Bills are good for the first time in 25 years.  I for one am enjoying this, pretty sure nearly everyone on this board is.

Ok then sport