Any word on Johnson?

Hebert19

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We just signed pitts to PS.   Does that mean Johnson injury is more serious than it looked?

I don’t think so.  Jaquan Johnson was declared out early last week and he’s a special teamer.  Pitts is good on special teams.  Seems to make sense to me

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Got it.  Thanks. 

Welcome. 

Should add, don't expect any updates or info on Taron this week other than "he's in the protocol", and possibly a glimpse from media during practice.

The average time in concussion protocol is 10 days, so with a short week going into Denver I would expect Taron to miss the Denver game.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

How many concussions is that for Taron Johnson? At some point, that starts getting really concerning long term. 

Dunno, but they’re all concerning...even one. As long as these guys have played, I expect that many have had a few in HS and then a few more in college and all that occur in the NFL are added on to those. Scary. 

Edited by TroutDog

2 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

How many concussions is that for Taron Johnson? At some point, that starts getting really concerning long term. 

Not just concussions but injuries in general.  He’s a smaller player who throws his body around the field.  Injuries have always been a concern

OK I'll say it..  Can't have too many DB's...   

I'm still scarred from the playoff game last year when we had Isiah Mckenzie playing DB because of a sudden rash of DB injuries that started the week before in a meaningless game against the Jets.  

Denver's record notwithstanding, they're a better team than they're given credit for....I hope the Bills don't allow a peek ahead to New England distract them from a Denver Defense that isn't terrible and Drew Lock, who with his weapons has options. Do I think the Bills will win? If they maintain focus - yes. But, don't chalk it up like it's a gimme. They'll need to fight for it.

Taron Johnson would be a big loss, but given Buffalo's next two games and the increasing opportunity for playoffs, T. Johnson's health down the stretch is even more important. If safe is to keep him out, just do it and make it work with other personnel. 

58 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

I believe after 3 you are at elevated risk to future concussions. It also depends on the severity of the concussion. I’ve had a minor one from someone’s knee hitting me in the head in flag football. I couldn’t Remember simple names that I should know and the brain fog is scary as hell. I didn’t feel back to normal for at least 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welcome. 

Should add, don't expect any updates or info on Taron this week other than "he's in the protocol", and possibly a glimpse from media during practice.

The average time in concussion protocol is 10 days, so with a short week going into Denver I would expect Taron to miss the Denver game.

Good notes, agree.

Be interesting if they want to use Dane in the nickle.  I think Dane has already been called up 2x, so that would necessitate a roster move.  

Dane played nickle well at Pitt, he's very versatile.  Although costing a roster spot might be tough, especially with Smoke possibly due back this week