Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

22 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

One of life's unsolved mysteries.  They've hardly ever done the QB sneak.  The announcers in last week's game against Washington were joking about it and said too bad the Steelers had such a small QB or they could've run a QB sneak on a couple different failed 3rd/4th and short attempts.

Especially with Tomlin in his call-out speeches aka postgame pressers going all “if you can’t get a yard, you don’t deserve to win” one would think the same logic of “if you can’t catch the ball you will be replaced by someone who can” would apply.  If Big Ben can’t or won’t do it, put in someone who can.

All to our benefit, of course, but I do feel a tiny bit sorry for our neighbor with the parrots.  Haha I lie, no I don’t!  But you do have a very good football team and that seems like a fixable gap

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gotta get Johnson rolling.   The drops are tough, but his speed is too good to waste.    I think the defense is good enough to beat lesser Quarterbacks.

Yeah, maybe his brief benching will help.  He might have as much talent as AB had, but without the psychotic break(yet).

With the current offensive struggles, the D pretty much needs to score and/or get a couple turnovers creating a short field for them to have a chance.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

No, that doesn’t matter. I’m pretty sure all the savants here say that the most important thing is PD? Or is it signature wins? Wait it’s blow out wins?  Someone can confirm? 

Right @High Football IQ

I was curious to see what the High IQ guy had to say, with the Bills winning over so many skeptics with the last two wins.  Surely, as a Bills fan, he must be coming around and enjoying this great ride.  Instead he hasn't had a single post since Nov. 29. 

I guess the old adage still holds... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Especially with Tomlin in his call-out speeches aka postgame pressers going all “if you can’t get a yard, you don’t deserve to win” one would think the same logic of “if you can’t catch the ball you will be replaced by someone who can” would apply.  If Big Ben can’t or won’t do it, put in someone who can.

All to our benefit, of course, but I do feel a tiny bit sorry for our neighbor with the parrots.  Haha I lie, no I don’t!  But you do have a very good football team and that seems like a fixable gap

The last couple weeks of tough talk Tomlin was a fairly rare thing.  He's usually not quite so negative.

No idea of it's Ben not wanting to sneak or the coaches are not wanting to call it.  Years ago, when Haley was the OC, it was said he wouldn't call the QB sneak.  IIRC.

Saw you're parrot story. :D  Funny.

We're a spoiled fan base, at least as far as the NFL and NHL go.  MLB is a different story. 😡

When Ben's gone in the very near future, it's gonna get ugly unless we luck into a good QB.

3 hours ago, blackngolddigger said:

People are funny.  Not sure what they expected.  The Steelers had a banged up championship caliber defense with a one dimensional offense.  The Bills should have won this game.  I thought the Steeler D played well but just got worn down in addition to the Bills making good second half adjustments.

Kinda like the majority of the first half game thread here. :D

I watch a boatload of steelers' games, and you are undervaluing them. Of course that D is much better with Bush and Dupree and Haden (and Spillane, who I think is a beast in his own right). But even without those guys, that D is easily a top-10 unit. Your D-line and safety play is elite, and your CB's are all really solid.

As for the O, Ben is not washed up. His arm is good. He's not as mobile. But the scheme is what is limiting them. They never committed to running yesterday-- even though the Bills' D has been gashed by the run at times this year. If they want to help Ben, they need to commit to running the ball, max protect, run playaction, and send those long receivers deep.  Your offensive coaching is terrible--that was the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I was curious to see what the High IQ guy had to say, with the Bills winning over so many skeptics with the last two wins.  Surely, as a Bills fan, he must be coming around and enjoying this great ride.  Instead he hasn't had a single post since Nov. 29. 

I guess the old adage still holds... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  

I think he is still posting - just under a different screen name right now.

The bad takes as High IQ (LOL) are replaced with a different trolling theme.  Then he will return with his garbage.

17 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

The last couple weeks of tough talk Tomlin was a fairly rare thing.  He's usually not quite so negative.

No idea of it's Ben not wanting to sneak or the coaches are not wanting to call it.  Years ago, when Haley was the OC, it was said he wouldn't call the QB sneak.  IIRC.

Saw you're parrot story. :D  Funny.

We're a spoiled fan base, at least as far as the NFL and NHL go.  MLB is a different story. 😡

When Ben's gone in the very near future, it's gonna get ugly unless we luck into a good QB.

Trade for Sam Darnold. 😁

Hey, if Pittsburgh can make Tommy Maddox a viable NFL starter (if only for a short time), then anything is possible.

Edited by njbuff
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

No, that doesn’t matter. I’m pretty sure all the savants here say that the most important thing is PD? Or is it signature wins? Wait it’s blow out wins?  Someone can confirm? 

Right @High Football IQ

It doesn’t matter that Miami’s SOV is less than half of our SOV. It just matters that their PD is 85... that’s why they’re going to win out and win the division! 

MIA for 15 days 

they are either in time out or banned

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Trade for Sam Darnold. 😁

Pittsburg fan friend of mine says Ben is done this year and they would be foolish to let him play his last year of his contract (2021) for a $41 Million cap hit.

I agree with him.  LOL, would a Sam Darnold trade be so crazy?

3 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

Haven't Bills fans realized that Nick Wright is trolling you? He wants your attention and he is getting it. Why is it so easy?

It's like when PFF or web sites disparage the Bills just because they know the fan base is responsive and will give them clicks/attention.  I've never even heard of this clown - and now he's riding this ridiculous Buffalo slag off act to notoriety - he's just a media troll

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Trade for Sam Darnold. 😁

Hey, if Pittsburgh can make Tommy Maddox a viable NFL starter (if only for a short time), then anything is possible.

Hey if Tanny can revive his career after running away from Gase screaming, there is no reason to believe that Darnold could not do the same if he gets to another team that knows how to develop and use him better.

Would not be shocked if he did turn his career around elsewhere. The Jests have also asked him to come back too early from injuries too....I kind of feel bad for the kid, but also think it is still a bit early for the coffin nails on his career.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Hey if Tanny can revive his career after running away from Gase screaming, there is no reason to believe that Darnold could not do the same if he gets to another team that knows how to develop and use him better.

Would not be shocked if he did turn his career around elsewhere. The Jests have also asked him to come back too early from injuries too....I kind of feel bad for the kid, but also think it is still a bit early for the coffin nails on his career.

Darnold could be so damage that he is not savable.

Or he simply isn't that talented.

Anyway, who knows.

Just now, njbuff said:

Darnold could be so damage that he is not savable.

Or he simply isn't that talented.

Anyway, who knows.

He had one game against the Bills where I saw a glimpse of what scouts were seeing that had him in taken in the 1st round. He moved well in the pocket avoiding the rush and buying time, and threw some sweet passes with anticipation that were just on the money and nearly impossible to defend.

Since that game it has been all downhill and I just don't think Gase is very good at developing QBs.

Getting an established Peyton Manning to work with is not the same as getting a college kid to mold into an NFL starter. I think that Peyton and Gase had a good rapport, but history seems to have shown that it was not a skill to develop rookie QBs.

I didn't want to start a thread so I'll make

a statement here....That sack of Roethlisberger, when the ball came out and Highes ran it in.....I think the ball was coming out before Fatboy hit the ground. If the refs allowed that to play out I don't think replay would have reversed it and it would have been a Bills TD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

I didn't want to start a thread so I'll make

a statement here....That sack of Roethlisberger, when the ball came out and Highes ran it in.....I think the ball was coming out before Fatboy hit the ground. If the refs allowed that to play out I don't think replay would have reversed it and it would have been a Bills TD.

agreed but it cancels out the missed fumble call from our side.

• Like (+1) 1