AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 14

49 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Rams beat the Pats so one for one this week. The big one to watch in my opinion is KC vs Miami, Miami has to lose this one. The Bills need to at the very least maintain a 1 game lead with a tie breaker in the back 3. KC winning gives that to the Bills at a minimum.

Another one to keep on eye on is the Colts-Raiders. I believe the Colts are currently the #7 seed with the Raiders at #8. It would be nice if the Colts can win. Push those teams currently out of a playoff spot (Raiders) further down. But KC over Miami would be great. I don't see Miami having enough offense to keep up with the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Another one to keep on eye on is the Colts-Raiders. I believe the Colts are currently the #7 seed with the Raiders at #8. It would be nice if the Colts can win. Push those teams currently out of a playoff spot (Raiders) further down. But KC over Miami would be great. I don't see Miami having enough offense to keep up with the Chiefs.

I think it is a greater than 70% chance KC wins, but Miami has a tough defense so they have a punchers chance. I think Colts over Raiders is a nice one to have too as it would help push the Bills into sealing a playoff spot in a year where home field means less and there is only one bye just getting in the tournament is big. 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

This isn't Allen vs Lamar, which is basically what you inquired it was in your first post about yards passing.... if there is one TEAM that I think could do some damage as a 6/7 seed it would be the Ravens. 

And they lost on a 4th down pass for which they got put into that position thanks to some seriously questionable PI calls on that final drive to get them in that position. 

Lamar or Baker.  One will come out smelling like 🌹, the other 💩 

Bump

KC v Miami.  Don’t care what they said.  I want Miami to lose IMO

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11) over Tennessee Titans (8-4)

Baltimore Ravens (7-5) over Cleveland Browns (9-3)

Las Vegas Raiders (7-5) over Indianapolis Colts (8-4)

Los Angeles Rams over New England Patriots (6-6)

On 12/10/2020 at 5:51 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

All eyes on this marquee matchup Sunday night! If the Bills want the one or two seed, they need to win this game to bypass the Steelers.

KC v Miami.  Don’t care what they said.  I want Miami to lose IMO  Winner  - edit Loser because they said the Fish W was needed. 

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11) over Tennessee Titans (8-4)   Loser

Baltimore Ravens (7-5) over Cleveland Browns (9-3)    TBD

Las Vegas Raiders (7-5) over Indianapolis Colts (8-4)   Loser

Los Angeles Rams over New England Patriots (6-6)    Winner

with one game left  I don't want either to win.  

Cravens need to miss the post season.  (End of LJ Era) and poo on the Browns 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Damn Browns...

It really means nothing.  They would still need to win Saturday to clinch the AFC East.  Win and in...need to get it done 

15 hours ago, Greg S said:

Do I have this right. If the Browns win tonight then the Bills clinch a playoff spot?

Clinch the Division with a win on Saturday 

33 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It really means nothing.  They would still need to win Saturday to clinch the AFC East.  Win and in...need to get it done 

Clinch the Division with a win on Saturday 

How? 
If we finish 11-5 with Miami how do we get the division over them? 

We’d both be 4-2 in the division and we also be tied in conference play, am I wrong? 

Looking very very likely that it will be Browns, Ravens and either Colts/Titans as your wildcard teams. They all have easy schedules so no reason to believe someone else will sneak in. (Miami technically is in right now but the ravens are winning out, we needed the browns to win tonight)

All of those are tough matchups. It's ridiculous how stacked the AFC is this year. Even with an extra playoff spot this year the final WC is going to be a really good team. 

I think I'd rank them as follows as far as preferred matchup

Browns

Ravens

Titans 

Colts

34 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

How? 

We’d both be 4-2 in the division and we also be tied in conference play, am I wrong? 

Tie breakers we beat the Seahawks and assuming we win Broncos, they lost to both.

They only have the Cardinals game on us.

and if we beat either them or the Patriots instead we have head to head or division record lead.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

How? 

based on division first.. 

Scenario  We beat Denver and loose out makes us 11-5 in the division at 4-2 Division record.  IF miami wins out they have the same division.. 

Then ITs based on win loss common games

our common games outside the divisions were (left side of team is if we win or loss right side is if miami wins or looses)

Buf---------MIAMI

W---LV-------W

W---Vegas-W 

L---KC-------L

W---SF------W

W---DEN---W

W---SEA----L

L---Ari-------W

TIE

Then it goes to Conf. Win Loss  

We are 7-2 they are 5-4. If they win out they get to  8-4

If we Just beat Denver and loose rest we will be 8*4

TIE

Then it goes to Strength of Victory Points For * Points Against

Buffalo points for 359-321=  net 21

Miami 330-245= Net 85

Miami currently wins this tie breaker..

hope this breaks it down for you

EDITED

Meant LV not LA

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Scenario  We beat Denver and loose out makes us 11-5 in the division at 4-2 Division record.  IF miami wins out they have the same division.. 

our common games outside the divisions were (left side of team is if we win or loss right side is if miami wins or looses)

Buf---------MIAMI

W---LA-------W

W---Vegas-W 

L---KC-------L

W---SF------W

W---DEN---W

W---SEA----L

L---Ari-------W

TIE

TIE

Miami 330-245= Net 85

They lost to Denver 

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Buf---------MIAMI

W---LA-------W

W---Vegas-W 

L---KC-------L

W---SF------W

W---DEN---W

W---SEA----L

L---Ari-------W

TIE

TIE

Miami 330-245= Net 85

Miami lost to Denver.

Just one win = the next game! And who is that? = Denver. And then the next game = New England. And then the next game = The Fish! . . . Win out and the possibility of getting the #2 seed is real high. Of course, we need the Stillers to help us.

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

Just one win = the next game! And who is that? = Denver. And then the next game = New England. And then the next game = The Fish! . . . Win out and the possibility of getting the #2 seed is real high. Of course, we need the Stillers to help us.

one more win and the Bills Clinch the Playoffs.  Saturday against the Bronco's  would put them at 11 - 3

Patriots versus Miami  ---  I'm guessing that if the Pats win and get to 7 - 7 Miami will fall to 8 - 6 

With the W and 2 games left Buffalo will win the AFCE crown as Miami can't get to 11 wins. 

crap  I / we have to root for NE****  :sick:

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

one more win and the Bills Clinch the Playoffs.  Saturday against the Bronco's  would put them at 11 - 3

Patriots versus Miami  ---  I'm guessing that if the Pats win and get to 7 - 7 Miami will fall to 8 - 6 

With the W and 2 games left Buffalo will win the AFCE crown as Miami can't get to 11 wins. 

crap  I / we have to root for NE****  :sick:

If Buffalo wins on Saturday then the Pats-Dolphins game is meaningless.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

If Buffalo wins on Saturday then the Pats-Dolphins game is meaningless.

No, it isn't.  As I speculated, and I could be wrong.  The AFCE Crown belongs to the Bills. 

edit. Or not ;) see next post 

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/12/15/22176411/afc-east-report-nfl-week-14-patriots-bills-dolphins-jets

AFC East Report: Bills are one win from the division title

Thanks to an impressive victory over the previously one-loss Steelers on Sunday night, Buffalo is now only one win away from its first division title since 1995. At 10-3, all the team needs to do is beat one of their remaining opponents — the Denver Broncos, the Patriots, or the Dolphins — to capture the division crown. While it remains to be seen whether or not they can actually finish the job, their performance against Pittsburgh suggests that the Bills will eventually do that.

Here is how the Bills can win the AFC East: 

* A Bills victory against the Broncos on Saturday.

* OR a Dolphins loss against the Patriots on Sunday.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/12/15/22176411/afc-east-report-nfl-week-14-patriots-bills-dolphins-jets

AFC East Report: Bills are one win from the division title

Thanks to an impressive victory over the previously one-loss Steelers on Sunday night, Buffalo is now only one win away from its first division title since 1995. At 10-3, all the team needs to do is beat one of their remaining opponents — the Denver Broncos, the Patriots, or the Dolphins — to capture the division crown. While it remains to be seen whether or not they can actually finish the job, their performance against Pittsburgh suggests that the Bills will eventually do that.

Here is how the Bills can win the AFC East: 

* A Bills victory against the Broncos on Saturday.

* OR a Dolphins loss against the Patriots on Sunday.

If the Dolphins run the table, they will go to 11-5.  AFC East record - 4-2

If the Bills beat Denver, but lose to Pat and Dolphins to go 11-5,   AFC East record -  4-2.

So I guess we would look at common opponents....we would have beaten Denver and Miami would have lost to Denver....  Is that the tie-breaker for the Bills to win the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the Bills beat Denver, but lose to Pat and Dolphins to go 11-5,   AFC East record -  4-2.

So I guess we would look at common opponents....we would have beaten Denver and Miami would have lost to Denver....  Is that the tie-breaker for the Bills to win the AFC East.

Essentially yeah they have the Cardinals game on us and we have Seattle and would have Denver.

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

yeah but.  Miami run the table?  

Nah.  I don’t think it happens. 

If the Bills need week 17 

they play to win 

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So if Miami can do what we did (win at home vs. NE and win @ LV), they'll control their own destiny coming to Buffalo. Should be fun. Chance at SNF.

Only if the Bills falter in the next two games at Denver and @NE