Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So an interesting tid bit from Monson on PFF’s game preview this week.... the bills are getting absolutely GASHED by traditional inside powering running teams but that isn’t the type of running scheme Shanahan goes to on a regular basis. He explains they are primarily a horizontal flowing team that utilizes more outside zone runs. As it turns out the bills, being built for speed, are actually top ten in the NFL allowing just 3.8 YPC on outside zone runs. 

All hope for our run game vs the niners may not be lost I guess. Would love to stuff their freaking run game. The narrative this week from everyone under the sun is how we are gonna get man handled for 150-200 yds on the ground. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen so much hype for a 5-6 squad over one there 8-3 and has the better QB. 

Yes we are.  I've seen holes the size of the gap in Michael Strahan's teeth.  

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So an interesting tid bit from Monson on PFF’s game preview this week.... the bills are getting absolutely GASHED by traditional inside powering running teams but that isn’t the type of running scheme Shanahan goes to on a regular basis. He explains they are primarily a horizontal flowing team that utilizes more outside zone runs. As it turns out the bills, being built for speed, are actually top ten in the NFL allowing just 3.8 YPC on outside zone runs. 

All hope for our run game vs the niners may not be lost I guess. Would love to stuff their freaking run game. The narrative this week from everyone under the sun is how we are gonna get man handled for 150-200 yds on the ground. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen so much hype for a 5-6 squad over one there 8-3 and has the better QB. 

I mean, I guess 3.8 ypc is better than 4.7 ypc (our overall average against the run), but....it still moves the sticks

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

BUFFALO vs. EVERYBODY.  ***** 'em. ***** 'em all.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I guess 3.8 ypc is better than 4.7 ypc (our overall average against the run), but....it still moves the sticks

BUFFALO vs. EVERYBODY.  ***** 'em. ***** 'em all.

well it put us top ten in the NFL in that certain area. so we're better than most when teams try the outside. thats the point.

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Im dubious of the notion the Bills have been gashed by power running games/ Teams this year. 

We were mostly "gashed" by the Chiefs and Cards. Not power running teams...RPO heavy spread offenses. I mean maybe they have a few sets, but the RPOs kill us. So did mobile QBs.

The Titans could be called this, but we actually did good against the run in that one until later.

We got gashed by the Pats to some extent, was a bad weather game though. That really is the only power running team that gashed us. 

Im in general agreement on the bottom line though, that the 49ers run offense isnt necessarily the kind of O we have problems against. 

Also food for thought that the Bills still beat teams that rush on them . 

Edited by RichRiderBills

4 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Agreed. But, I think these guys are so dialed in to prepping for their opponent each week that they don’t have a ton of time to watch a lot of tape on other players. Especially those in another conference that you only have to face once every 4 years. So I’m guessing they may tend to let what they hear in the media influence their initial opinions until they turn on the tape. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening because what the hell do I know. Just a guess. 

I also hear what you're saying but I respectfully disagree.  I think the comment was intended as a compliment.  He's much more aware of Josh Allen and his ability than, wow, I didn't know this guy was such a problem.

• Like (+1) 1