Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

Assuming Milano plays this week, are the Bills the healthiest team in the league right now? To be in Week 13, in probably the worst year for injuries I can ever remember, and only be down a guard and #2 WR is pretty remarkable. We've also made it this far with only one player lost for the season. 

Obviously Brown being out is huge, but just based on the number of guys hurt. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

All I'm saying is we better show up and not take anything for granted.  I know the coaching staff and players will show up.

Has there been one game where this team has come out and looked like they’ve taken a team for granted? Seriously, someone says this before every game and I’m trying to think of one time where I thought they overlooked someone. I can’t. Sure they’ve come out flat at times, every team does at one time or another, but I think McD has done a tremendous job at getting our team to take every opponent seriously no matter what their record.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Has there been one game where this team has come out and looked like they’ve taken a team for granted? Seriously, someone says this before every game and I’m trying to think of one time where I thought they overlooked someone. I can’t. Sure they’ve come out flat at times, every team does at one time or another, but I think McD has done a tremendous job at getting our team to take every opponent seriously no matter what their record.

Titans and Jets.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So is "we", the fans?  Or the team?  If it's the team, you kind of contradicted yourself.

Obviously if the fans aren't yelling loud enough at home or posting quick enough in the game day thread the players and coaches can't do their jobs to their full potential

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Titans and Jets.

I can maybe see Jets cause they drove on our D but I think we still moved the ball (missed FG on our first drive).  But Titans?  Cause we had that weird pick?  We scored on the next drive and then held them to a 3 and out on their subsequent dirve.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I can maybe see Jets cause they drove on our D but I think we still moved the ball (missed FG on our first drive).  But Titans?  Cause we had that weird pick?  We scored on the next drive and then held them to a 3 and out on their subsequent dirve.  

We lost that game w turnovers and mistakes. D kept letting up long drives. Terrrible on 3rd downs, where Tannyhill killed us w his legs more than once.

What your saying is true, but i do remember feeling we were flat. Of course, we had been very dominant up till then. 

I totally agree though, the team does not do much for letdowns. They get up for games.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We lost that game w turnovers and mistakes. D kept letting up long drives. Terrrible on 3rd downs, where Tannyhill killed us w his legs more than once.

What your saying is true, but i do remember feeling we were flat. Of course, we had been very dominant up till then. 

I totally agree though, the team does not do much for letdowns. They get up for games.

God that game.  I don't want to see them early, but an AFC championship game against them would be amazing (mostly cause not KC).  I think the way they played the end of that game would probably become bulletin board material for us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Yeah, I agree. The overlooked thought process gets overblown, at least with this regime and leadership staff.

Even when he’s coached bad games or teams (2018), McD is still prepared.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

God that game.  I don't want to see them early, but an AFC championship game against them would be amazing (mostly cause not KC).  I think the way they played the end of that game would probably become bulletin board material for us.

The bright side is that team has 2 MVP canidates on it. Tannyhills slid some, but he was playing awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Titans and Jets.

I definitely see where you’re going with us.

That said, they moved the ball very well against the Jets, they just couldn’t punch it in. I wouldn’t say that they overlooked them though.

Also, with the Titans I don’t think they overlooked them, I just think some bad things happened and then they couldn’t recover. If my memory serves me correctly, they were only down by about a score in the third quarter.

I think some fans, including myself, overlooked the titans. I expected them to go in there and take care of business.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So is "we", the fans?  Or the team?  If it's the team, you kind of contradicted yourself.

Yes.  I meant all of us.  To some degree, I do think players can not bring the intensity and mentality into a contest.  But to a greater extent, I think some fans get there more often.

15 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I definitely see where you’re going with us.

That said, they moved the ball very well against the Jets, they just couldn’t punch it in. I wouldn’t say that they overlooked them though.

Also, with the Titans I don’t think they overlooked them, I just think some bad things happened and then they couldn’t recover. If my memory serves me correctly, they were only down by about a score in the third quarter.

I think some fans, including myself, overlooked the titans. I expected them to go in there and take care of business.

Fair.  We all have our own opinions.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

I wonder which week it will be before the talking heads writ large are going to accept that the Bills are the team to beat in a regular season game?

This has been and will be the narrative...

Against the Patriots it was can't exercise the Ghost of Tom Brady and Darth Vader still there. (W)

Against Seattle it was can't beat Russ. (W)

Against Cardinals it was can't stop Murray (last second L)

Against the Chargers it was too much rookie (W)

Against the 9ers, it's can't stop the run

Against the Steelers it will be can't beat that defense

Against the Patriots it will be can't beat them twice in a year

Against the Dolphins should beat them but Dolphins are stalking Bills

I fully expect them to roll the 9ers this week.  Buffalo is coming.  You can feel it.  You can see it.  The stats say it. The results speak to it.  The spreads indicate it.  The schedule is unrelenting.  Yet talking heads are all focused on the other team.  Rankings put them behind teams they have already vanquished. 

To quote that cyclical December commercial.  This will be a December to remember.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, wjag said:

I wonder which week it will be before the talking heads writ are going to accept that the Bills are the team to beat in a regular season game?

Against the Patriots it was can't exercise the Ghost of Tom Brady and Darth Vader still there. (W)

I fully expect them to roll the 9ers this week.  Buffalo is coming.  You can feel it.  You can see it.  The stats say it. The results speak to it.  The spreads indicate it.  The schedule is unrelenting.  Yet talking heads are all focused on the other team.  Rankings put them behind teams they have already vanquished. 

To quote that cyclical December commercial.  This will be a December to remember.

They beat the Steelers on SNF then that is when they will get respect from the media. I could care less if the media likes them or not. I only care they continue winning. But the Steelers game will be "THE GAME" for national respect.

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

I wonder which week it will be before the talking heads writ large are going to accept that the Bills are the team to beat in a regular season game?

I think the Bills have been favored in all but KC, SEA, AZ. They lost to KC and AZ and beat SEA. Not sure about an anti Bills narrative this year...