Anyone else wake up still feeling very optimistic?

JerseyBills

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Sure, have to always constantly re-evaluate the situation. Situation atm is the Dolphins are playing better than both the Bills and Pats.

You don't seem to want to re-evaluate.  You like to make atm firm statements about the future....until it doesn't come true and then we "re-evaluate".  

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I pretty much agreed with everything you wrote except being legit SB contenders.  I still have a hard time believing the team is there just yet.

But yeah it definitely doesn’t feel like the 2009 McKelvin fumble debacle 

That day ruined me for weeks.

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I don't think saying the Dolphins are playing better than the Bills is an errant statement.

Bills still can't figure out 3rd QTR's

'

You specifically said the Dolphins are winning the east.

Bills can't figure out 3rd quarters but the Dolphins certainly have.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/3rd-quarter-points-per-game

image.png.1cbe04072c26d3575407639f20636e07.png

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I didn't say anything about the Dolphins' 3rd QTR's. For the Bills, the 3rd QTR issue is a problem going on 2 seasons now... Other than rush defense, 3rd QTR offense us the biggest issue with this team.

It doesn't matter that you didn't bring up the Dolphins.  I brought them up because you're criticizing the Bills 3rd quarter offense but the Dolphins, who have actually been worse, but you're not saying it's an issue with them.

So basically:

Bills 3rd quarter offensive woes is a problem.

Dolphins 3rd quarter offensive woes, not a problem and will win the East.  

• Like (+1) 1

They didnt play great, Allen drove down and had a probable game winning drive on the road.  Arizona made a 1% play to win.  I have disected that play everyway possible.  The final play lays at 2 peoples feet imo. 

1. Mcdermott.  He bailed out Arizona by calling the TO.  No time to think just call the play.  Murray is still young and I dont believe he goes against his instict to roll out right.  I firmly believe thats what Kingsberry talked to Murray about on that play.  Roll out left where Hopkins will be in the endzone. 

2.  Poyer.  The only defender in position to make the play was White.  Poyer ran over, poorly timed his jump, closed his eyes and most importantly knock White out of the way.  In the replay there is another set of black gloves on the ball.  Its Whites, than Poyer sent him flying 5 yards.

Overall, Buffalo is in position to get healthy at the bye.  The oline should be at full strength for the first time all season.  The defense is playing better.  They should be near full strength too.  With 6 games remaining I see 3 where Buffalo is favored.  LAC, SF, DEN. That takes them to 10 wins.  The other 3 are close games imo.  PIT, NE, MIA.  Honestly, Buffalo matches up well with both NE and MIA.  Pit is measuring stick and think I could see them winning that one too.  Undefeated doesnt happen.  They will slip up. 

Buffalo needs to win those favored and beat MIA to win the division imo.  They are in position to get momentum they get hot now win tough games they are in a great place headind into the playoffs. Playing good before Thanksgiving isnt nearly as important as playing good after.

4 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

This is simply false, I posted plenty after the Seahawks game and was extremely happy with the result (although in hindsight the win may prove to be somewhat misleading because the seahawks have lost 3 of 4 games and have the worst defense in the league, plus we only won by 10 points despite 4 turnovers, 5 sacks, etc).

The biggest concern and what is going to keep me up at night is that the Dolphins aren't going to lose another game anytime soon while the bills margin for error is always razor thin since they are .500 team since the 4-0 start and will likely continue that trend in the final 6 games given their glaring deficiencies.

So yes it's ok to be depressed and most other fans current optimism will likely crumble in the coming week as well once Miami takes the division lead for good and the season finale is possibly rendered meaningless.

Bills beat a good team, but it doesn't count because you're a Dolphins fan masquerading as a Bills hater.

Bills lose to a good team on a Hail Mary, 1/100 longshot, Bills have lost in the most Billsy way possible. The football gods have cursed us for this atrocity!

And then you followup with saying that the Dolphins, get ready for this... after starting the year 1-3 are in the middle of a 12 game winning streak to coast to a division win at 13-3.

Chiefs and Steelers fans are terrified and suffering sleepless nights (just like all of us Bills fans) dreading the Dolphins juggernaut that will easily win the conference.

Dolphins are good but this is next level trolling and I can't believe I took the bait even after you jumped the shark weeks ago. You're a weather vane, after the Seahawks win you were prancing and singing the praises, convinced the Bills would make a playoff run and now you're suffering sleepless nights because the Bills lost the division in week 10 and will be a 1 and done anyway if they even make the playoffs. Just come out and say it, the Bills are in the middle of a 7 game losing streak.

For your alleged sleepless nights, try alcohol. It worked for me after Sunday and I slept just fine, nevermind the raging hangover on Monday.

We entered the game 3rd place in the conference and we left it 3rd place in the conference. What's there to feel pessimistic about? I don't think we're a legit SB contender this year. We could maybe get lucky against the good teams if they hand the game to us, but on even footing we aren't there yet, and that's ok.

People are going to have to get used tot he fact that even when you're pretty good, you're going to lose games you should have won. It happens to every t4eam in the league - the Chiefs dumped to the Raiders, Baltimore to NE, etc, It happens, and it's not the end of the world.

Be happy we have a better team than most.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see why anyone's outlook should have changed. 

The Bills played pretty well, scored 30 points, defense played alright despite having to deal with a bunch of turnovers by the O, we had our offense go down the field and take the lead, and ultimately lost on a fluke play. 

The Bills should still wind up with like 11 or 12 wins this year I'd think. The Miami game looks key but other than Pittsburgh our schedule is pretty manageable against mostly bottom feeders or teams decimated by injuries. 

11 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Or at least excited about what’s going on. You’d think this team and coaching staff was a bunch of bums even though we are about to go to the playoffs 3 out of 4 under the new regime. 

Right?  All of sudden the Bills are relevant and the opinions of the talking heads matter.  And, believe it or not, the team isn't perfect on both sides of the ball, in a shortened off-season, during a pandemic, where they're still 4-0 in the division and 7-3 overall, thanks to two great players making an insane play.

You'd think this was Music City 2.0 instead of a non conference game before a bye.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

43 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

This is simply false, I posted plenty after the Seahawks game and was extremely happy with the result (although in hindsight the win may prove to be somewhat misleading because the seahawks have lost 3 of 4 games and have the worst defense in the league, plus we only won by 10 points despite 4 turnovers, 5 sacks, etc).

The biggest concern and what is going to keep me up at night is that the Dolphins aren't going to lose another game anytime soon while the bills margin for error is always razor thin since they are .500 team since the 4-0 start and will likely continue that trend in the final 6 games given their glaring deficiencies.

So yes it's ok to be depressed and most other fans current optimism will likely crumble in the coming week as well once Miami takes the division lead for good and the season finale is possibly rendered meaningless.

How do you consider the chiefs pats raiders and bills as definite wins for the Dolphins?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

We have the inside track and the Fish are winning games with special teams plays and D.  Tua hasn't been all that impressive, and as teams get film on him they'll slow him down even further.  I remain optimistic about us winning the division.

THANK YOU! Was waiting to see someone mention this. 

The Dolphin love is outta control

They beat 2 winning teams. Rams/Cards.

In those 2 games they had a 70 and 80 yard Fumble return TDs and 88 yard punt return! That's not sustainable.  I get it, they look good but I still say their ceiling is 2019 Bills, 9-10 win team. 

They're going to be very good in 21 and on but I just don't see it this year

• Like (+1) 1

How can anyone not be optimistic? Our first two losses were to really good teams with more rest than us and this loss was to a really good team that needed a hail mary to beat us, while we had our 4 and 5 string CB on the field most of the day. We have 6 weeks to work out the kinks but in the Playoffs we have a good chance against everyone