Anyone else wake up still feeling very optimistic?

JerseyBills

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And yet the Dolphins are playing better than the Bills right now. I think that's all that will matter for winning the division? They don't go up 23-9 in their gsmes and lose, at least not lately... Bills taking a lead and then usually letting the other team make a game of it is not teally a gameplan for long term success IMO.

As far as Tua, yeah, way too early, but so far he's looking "clean", as some would say. Where Allen at times still looks "messy".

Of course he’s looking clean the defense and special teams doing all the work , let’s see what happens when he actually has to get dirty 

Just now, Putin said:

I just can’t imagine Allen having the same numbers as Tua  in the last 3 games and Bills winning a single game , 

Exactly. Allen is the main reason the Bills are winning. Tua is just managing the game. He hasn't ****ed up but he hasn't been a difference maker either. Granted he has only played a couple of games.

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And yet the Dolphins are playing better than the Bills right now. I think that's all that will matter for winning the division? They don't go up 23-9 in their games and lose, at least not lately... Bills taking a lead and then usually letting the other team make a game of it is not teally a gameplan for long term success IMO.

As far as Tua, yeah, way too early, but so far he's looking "clean", as some would say. Where Allen at times still looks "messy".

the bills are 7-3 gene.  that's all you need to look at right now. 

you know what the problem is?  you're scared of success.  it's not something you're used to, so when it looks at you in the face, there's a certain panic and denial.  it's ok to enjoy what's happening without creating a dooms day scenario.  i bet this is how a lot of your life goes...isn't it gene?

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

No, it isn't. Record alone is not the full story. We all know this to be true, I thought... 

i.e. Steelers are not winning the SB.

ok so they are 7-3 against a schedule thats yielded 7 out of 10 opponents at 6-3 or better. that makes it even more impressive. 

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

McDermott said he didn't think that was going to be the Hail Mary play... He assumed there were two more plays, kinda like how last week Pete Carroll expected the Bills to run more. That's face palm type coaching...

That's due to the Bills defense more than anything.

It doesn't matter.  It's not like Hopkins was running solo down the field.  They had 3 guys bracketing him and Hopkins out jumped them all.  That's not coaching, that's Tre White, Micah Hyde and Poyer getting out jumped.

For someone that has a lot of poor predictions, you always seem to be firm on your future ones. 

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, it isn't. Record alone is not the full story. We all know this to be true, I thought... 

Edit: the Bills have more of a problem with 1st half success than I have with their w/l success...

Gene, it Parcell's wrong?

Bill Parcells quote: You are what your record says you are.

Yeah, I mean we still need to see if he can do that. I'm not crowning him anything. I just think as a team, the Dolphins are rising and the Bills are a bit up and down.

Up and down yes but what about all the injuries that we have on defense and OL and if not for a miracle we’d be 8-2 , 

If we can get healthy come playoffs this team will be playing in the AFC championship game !! 
GO Bills !!

15 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I was starting to feel really good about this teamagain after last week but this loss yesterday was a very Billsy type of debacle that will be talked about for years to come unless this team somehow wins a SB this year which is very unlikely.

Therefore any optimism i had has become morose and I feel somewhat empty knowing this team is on borrowed time in terms of their current division lead and even making the playoffs this year as a wildcard may be asking too much given this teams glaring deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

The term for this moroseness is “fair weather fan”, the likes of which are a dime a dozen. So take a number.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Looking at the schedules, and the way the Dolphins D is playing, odds are they win the div over the Bills.

The Hail Murray shows the problems with both the players on the D, and coaching, how that play was defended...

28 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And yet the Dolphins are playing better than the Bills right now. I think that's all that will matter for winning the division? They don't go up 23-9 in their games and lose, at least not lately... Bills taking a lead and then usually letting the other team make a game of it is not teally a gameplan for long term success IMO.

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Edit: the Bills have more of a problem with 1st half success than I have with their w/l success...

21 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah, I mean we still need to see if he can do that. I'm not crowning him anything. I just think as a team, the Dolphins are rising and the Bills are a bit up and down.

what's up with this guy? he wasn't here last week ( lets hear the excuse) when the bills won, was he.

no, but he makes his rounds now after a loss. talking ***** about the bills and how they'll lose the division to the fins. some fan right here folks.

pretty adamant about it as well. like, if the fins do win the division he will be all up in everybody's face about it, gloating. because that's what a true bills fan does. constantly putting the team and coaches down and showing up after a loss, talking *****.

here's to hoping the bills win the division, because that's what a true bills fans does, hope for the best for their team unlike this cat here they call, gene.

add another great quote by this awesome bills fan they call, gene.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah, that part is impressive. But the Next time the Bills play, the Dolphis will have a 7-3 record with an easier schedule the rest of the way.  Odds are, they finish ahead.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

There is truth to that sure, but at the same time that's not all there is to it.

I mean, we won't be figuring anything out here, the Bills and Dolphins will be doing that. It just looks like the Dolphins will at some point pass the Bills in the next 3 games and that is all she wrote IMO.

"all she wrote"....these next 3 games haven't happened.  So how in the hell is this in the past tense?

Parcell's statement is a firm black and white statement.  It's either you agree or don't....there is no half truth here.  

Yeah, that part is impressive. But the Next time the Bills play, the Dolphis will have a 7-3 record with an easier schedule the rest of the way.  Odds are, they finish ahead.

Miami has:

at Broncos

at Jets

Bengals

KC

NE

at Raiders

at Bills

The next 3 are favorable but look at the last 4 games. I wouldn't call that easy. As for the Bills they have

Chargers

at SF

Steelers

at Broncos

at NE

Dolphins

Both teams have really tough games vs KC and Pitt respectively. Miami may have a slightly easier schedule but I think it will come down to week 17 and that game is in Buffalo

17 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

After the catch last night, I immediately left my house. I put my phone on the passenger seat of my car and took off with no destination in mind. 

I hit the power on my radio, probably out of pure habit and instantly shut it off as sports talk blared through the speakers.

I was in shock. I was upset.

A familiar feeling I've experienced for ar least 13 years overtook my body, My beloved Bills just lost another "Billsy" game  and I was upset about it!

After feelings of pure joy and euphoria for about 2.5 minutes , these feelings suddenly attacked me!

A funny thing happened though, the last 14 years of being 18+ and expecting that Billsy loss hangover,  I wake up still feeling great about my Beloved Bills, in November!!

They were a fluke play away from beating a very good team. They overcame adversity with the Covid situation, with a rough 2nd half , but still took the lead with 35 seconds remaining! 

I wake up realizing this team is for real 

Played another very good team close for 60 minutes

Yes they took the L but through 10 games ,a 7-3 record,  they proved they're the real deal and legit SB contenders , in my eyes..

I felt much better about this loss tan I did the New England win.

We played better against a much better opponent, and should have won but for a miracle. 

For me, it was easy to take.

In contrast, we probably should have lost against NE, played much more poorly, and NE is TERRIBLE this year.

Shows you the value, or lack thereof, of wins and losses in assessing if a team is good or bad.

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

say you, but literally not any odds making entity or simulations.... so ya. have fun with that.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

@Gene1973

I would like to propose a wager on this Bills/Dolphins thing you're obsessing over

I wouldn’t take that bet because Bills will be resting their starters for the playoffs, and who knows we may still win 

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I've never bet on sports, it seemes irresponsible, especially in these COVID times...

The fish have roughly 20% chance of winning the AFCE if I'm reading it right. I'm giving you slightly worse odds because you seem so sure of yourself and your Dolphins.

I thought for sure you'd be all over this wager. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think the only fans who don't think the Dolphins are charging are Bills fans of a certain persuasion? Most talking heads, whom many are ex-players, see it like I do.

It's also an opinion? #MYGOODNESS

saying that and saying they are more likely than not, gonna win the division are different things. they are coming on. but i've seen this topic come up plenty of times this week on tv and the end of the convo almost always ends with some form of "bills are still the favorites but the fins are coming".... so no, i think you're making that up to fit a narrative. 

you've seen one or 2 people say that and twisted it into "everyone agrees with me". sorry, not true.

Edited by Stank_Nasty