Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

Crap! I was hoping he could at least keep playing in his current, limited  role. 

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah he needs to rest and get healthy...playing 15-19 snaps a game in limited action is not really doing much for us.

It is though. The Defense is better when he is on the field, even when it is in a reduced capacity. That being said, hopefully this helps get him healthy (ish) by the end of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Crap! I was hoping he could at least keep playing in his current, limited  role. 

It is though. The Defense is better when he is on the field, even when it is in a reduced capacity. That being said, hopefully this helps get him healthy (ish) by the end of the season. 

We need him on the field the whole game...we are sacrificing multiple games of limited action when we could have let him rest and get him back fully healthy in a week or maybe even would have been this game...now we just delayed him healing properly and likely made it worse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

Might be better to rest him, I don't know if we can beat Seahawk any way.  If your gonna lose a game, this is the one to lose, NFC non divisional game.  I rather have him for the AFC stretch.

we are playing at home with a 6-2 record going against a 6-1 team that is not sound on defense and you already throwing the White Flag  ????   Go Bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yes I only saw him in guaranteed passing coverage situations. I suspect he’s a one armed man trying to defend the run.....

so one armed Milano or AJKlien 🧐 

@Yolo I expect you are very familiar with the new add, former buckeye. Can he play?

He was a late bloomer in college because he played QB in HS was recruited as an “athlete”. He didn’t have a position until ryan shazier left and they gave him some run in camp at the viper LB role (very free wheeling) and he did great at that. He’s very athletic but not not very big. When he was drafted I was worried he would take awhile to develop because if his pure lack of experience at playing the LB position (only 2 seasons in his life) and he was so young (drafted at age 20). That’s why i never saw him as the 1st rounder he ended up being. Not only that but the jets decided to play him inside which never made sense. He is extremely competitive and plays with an edge. He is a bit of a problem off the field with some drug issues. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

If I couldn't play in half the games because I was too hurt, I'd certainly consider it. 

Are more than half of your posts are lame?

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

People got mad at me a couple weeks ago for saying he’s always injured. Guess what, this dude is always injured...

That is like saying you always are wrong.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When Milano gets anywhere near 50% active for his career let us know.

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       49 36 5 56 0 29 20 2 0 5 40 1 4.0 249 162 87 27 20   24
2017 23 BUF rlb 58 16 5 1 15 0 15 2 1 0 1 40 1 0.0 49 32 17 7 6   4
2018 24 BUF RLB 58 13 13 3 41 0 29 7 0 0 3 0 0 1.0 78 52 26 12 3   9
2019 25 BUF LLB 58 15 15 0 0 0 0 9 1 0 1 0 0 1.5 101 65 36 7 7   11
2020 26 BUF olb 58 5 3 1 0 0 0 2           1.5 21 13 8 1 4    
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

Might be better to rest him, I don't know if we can beat Seahawk any way.  If your gonna lose a game, this is the one to lose, NFC non divisional game.  I rather have him for the AFC stretch.

Will be surprised if he plays the following week, likely the plan is sit the next two games, then a bye week, bring him back after that or if need be sit longer.  I assume bye weeks count towards IR time? So if they put hit on IR today, in 3 weeks he could come back for the Chargers game on the 29th?

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yes I only saw him in guaranteed passing coverage situations. I suspect he’s a one armed man trying to defend the run.....

so one armed Milano or AJKlien 🧐 

@Yolo I expect you are very familiar with the new add, former buckeye. Can he play?

I'm not Yolo, but I'll take a stab:

Bottom line so far, hasn't shown it.

Played both sides of the ball in HS, QB and safety.  Medical redshirt in college, then switched to LB and played 2 years.  Defensive MVP of the Sugar Bowl and 1st round prospect on the strength of that and good combine numbers.

Struggled at ILB for the Jets, both on-field in coverage and off-field with discipline and substance abuse issues.  Suspended for 4 games with the Jets at the end of 2018, Gase traded him to KC for a 6th rounder, didn't play, suspended for first 4 games of this season (substance abuse again I believe).

Looks like "million dollar talent and a 10 cent head" from here, but worth taking a flyer on him if he can turn it around.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Should we hope Darron Lee can play some coverage LB? Lee is not known for his tackling so he will be a liability in the run game much like, well all the LB’s this year so far. 

Give him time to process, the initial reaction is typically  the most extreme. Or this could of been sarcasm on his part.

I don’t know if he’ll know our defense, but they don’t have a good running team.  Since they will pass heavy as us, he might be able to play and use 5 DB’s.  Only rush 4 most of the time as Wilson is as good or better against the blitz than Mahomes.  On offense I hope we go no huddle but balance the passes with runs as they can’t substitute.  They love 11 personnel anyway.

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Coaching staff realize that this win or loss this will not have playoff implications if we take care of conference games where Milano will be more important. Let him get healthy.

That would be accurate if Miami doesn’t catch up to us.  If Miami gets close to the same record, common opponents can be as important as conference games.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a late bloomer in college because he played QB in HS was recruited as an “athlete”. He didn’t have a position until ryan shazier left and they gave him some run in camp at the viper LB role (very free wheeling) and he did great at that. He’s very athletic but not not very big. When he was drafted I was worried he would take awhile to develop because if his pure lack of experience at playing the LB position (only 2 seasons in his life) and he was so young (drafted at age 20). That’s why i never saw him as the 1st rounder he ended up being. Not only that but the jets decided to play him inside which never made sense. He is extremely competitive and plays with an edge. He is a bit of a problem off the field with some drug issues. 

interesting and thanks. If he did his homework in kc and learned that defense, he might be in decent shape on learning curve. Coverage concepts are similar, no idea how Spaggs does run fits compared to Leslie. 

Maybe he will become the best version of himself in buf. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:
  Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       49 36 5 56 0 29 20 2 0 5 40 1 4.0 249 162 87 27 20   24
2017 23 BUF rlb 58 16 5 1 15 0 15 2 1 0 1 40 1 0.0 49 32 17 7 6   4
2018 24 BUF RLB 58 13 13 3 41 0 29 7 0 0 3 0 0 1.0 78 52 26 12 3   9
2019 25 BUF LLB 58 15 15 0 0 0 0 9 1 0 1 0 0 1.5 101 65 36 7 7   11
2020 26 BUF olb 58 5 3 1 0 0 0 2           1.5 21 13 8 1 4    

For those who can't count, that's "he's missed 7 games out of 56" over his career.  Let me help with the math: That's 12.5%

(It's actually 8 games out of 58 as he missed the playoff game in 2017)

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For those who can't count, that's "he's missed 7 games out of 56" over his career.  Let me help with the math: That's 12.5%

(It's actually 8 games out of 58 as he missed the playoff game in 2017)

Thank you for helping those not mathematically inclined.  I understand there are job openings as pollsters for you.  You might be able to rise as high as Press Secretary if you work hard.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Thank you for helping those not mathematically inclined.  I understand there are job openings as pollsters for you.  You might be able to rise as high as Press Secretary if you work hard.

Question for ya- when a player plays in 5 of 8 games and averages playing 25% of defensive snaps on the season, what percent of defensive plays did the player play?

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I suppose I’ll just spend the rest of Milano’s tenure on our roster assuming he’s out and being pleasantly surprised if he can play. 

Not a bad approach.  Milano is made out of the same stuff Marquise Goodwin is made from: frost crystals.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I suppose you conceptualize this as warranted or deserved in some manner, but your rational for this out-of-the-blue poke is too subtle for me