If you married guys need a good laugh

\GoBillsInDallas/

Wifey asked me to pick up some allergy medicine, so I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work to pick up some Claritin D.

I pay for it at the pharmacy counter, then walk down the pharmacy aisle to leave the store.

As i walk down the aisle, I see some 25 yo guy talking on his phone to someone while he's holding up the camera to face the shelves.

I get closer and he's got the camera pointing towards the tampon section.

I walk by him and say, "Boy I feel sorry for you."

He looks at me, sighs and says, "Yeah, and we've only been married for three months!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Wifey asked me to pick up some allergy medicine, so I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work to pick up some Claritin D.

I pay for it at the pharmacy counter, then walk down the pharmacy aisle to leave the store.

As i walk down the aisle, I see some 25 yo guy talking on his phone to someone while he's holding up the camera to face the shelves.

He looks at me, sighs and says, "Yeah, and we've only been married for three months!"

My wife did and still does most of the shopping and never once asked me to pick tampons or pads up. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Guffalo said:

If you want them to relate to it, ask them to go to Walmart or the auto parts store and pick up motor oil (or windshield wipers) 

We do not change our oil ourselves but my wife has no issue getting any kind of auto supplies.

She is a bit different than most - I bought her a table saw for anniversary.

Latest buy is a chain saw but a smaller electric branch cutting one since she is only 5' tall 

On 11/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Three months in, that might have been an issue. But 35 years in, it is but a minor flesh wound. Let your Monty Python run wild! 

I put a stop to that early in the marriage after a couple of times walking up and down the aisle for way too long trying to find the right combination of type, brand, adjective and price. 

PSA to any newlywed husbands: when this happens to you - and it will - coming home with the wrong product might not be the worst thing in the long run.

• Like (+1) 2

Funny story OP, and so true.

I'll add this:. I don't give a crap about buying any female product, just tell me exactly what you want and I'll pick it up.

And therein lies the true problems: getting clear communication about the exact item and being able to discern the subtle packaging cues to land the correct one.

Brand, color, number, shape, day/night, heavy/normal/light.  And I'm sure there's more.  It's like cracking into the safe in "Die Hard", many layers of security.

Taking the old packaging and devout prayer are the best approach.

For newlyweds, it's more about trying to knock you off your game and have a funny story to tell their friends, so don't fret too much.

47 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Buying condoms at the store is more embarrassing

Why be embarrassed about that? It says you're doing good.

Of course, there was this one time...

My uncle was a pharmacist. At some point he semi-retired and was working as a substitute, filling in for  pharmacists who called in sick. The thing was, you never knew which pharmacy he'd be at on any given day. When I was 18 or so, I strolled into a pharmacy to buy a box of condoms, and there, behind the counter, stood Uncle Joe. I bought a bottle of pop and went to a different pharmacy.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

that made me laugh harder than i probably should have 

21 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So wrong @teef it made me laugh out loud--but yes you do deserve to be banned until the weekend for this! ;)

you ***** know it's true!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.