NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

I think if we were in a dog fight for the division maybe Bean would have made a move , but we are 6-2 and are in the drivers seat to win the AFC east and a playoff game at home , 

I think more importantly is for this team to get healthy once we have all our guys ready to roll I really believe we can make a push for a deep playoff run with what we have ...

Go Bills 

When was the last time an NFL trade deadline move was made that propelled a team to great playoff success? I’m not trying to snarky, like honestly curious. This isn’t baseball. At the end of the day, we don’t know what was out there and what was discussed, but I don’t think trade deadline additions are going to make or break this team. Disappointed? Yeah a bit. But the overreaction is a bit much. 

People were ready to go nuts on the line moves on Sunday. Anyone seen Ike Boettger’s pff number against the Pats? Now i don’t love PFF, but the point is that moves are made for various reasons. Anyway, moves are not made in a vacuum and these guys are going to cook with the groceries they chose. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

NT and Linebackers were available. NT Snacks signed not long ago and McLendon was traded not long ago. 

Let's see how Harrison plays vs. us this week if he even makes it off the practice squad. McLendon might have been a useful pick up but he had connections to TB coaching staff and that ship sailed anyway.

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Not sarcastic.

We have ways to go before competing for championships.

Every year teams are discounted. Nobody expected Tennessee to be in the championship game, San Fran was considered a joke because the offense was weak, Atlanta had no defense, you can go back years and years of teams who looked below average in areas during the season but got hot at the right time. Do I think we’re elite? Nah no way. But don’t talk like you know what status the team will be in 8 weeks. There’s enough talent to make a few plays a game to sway an outcome even if they haven’t shown much of it so far. 

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Let's see how Harrison plays vs. us this week if he even makes it off the practice squad. McLendon might have been a useful pick up but he had connections to TB coaching staff and that ship sailed anyway.

There were moves to be made. We don't have a ton of cap. But there were moves.  They did add an experience LB and CB to the depth. I was hoping they would go for it. Maybe they just don't feel confident that this is the year to go for it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

NT and Linebackers were available. NT Snacks signed not long ago and McLendon was traded not long ago. 

Snacks picked where he wanted to play though. Multiple teams asked and he shot them down. Don’t know if it was us, but it was reported he only wanted to play for Seattle. 

Beane is 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I think if we were in a dog fight for the division maybe Bean would have made a move , but we are 6-2 and are in the drivers seat to win the AFC east and a playoff game at home , 

I think more importantly is for this team to get healthy once we have all our guys ready to roll I really believe we can make a push for a deep playoff run with what we have ...

Go Bills 

Driver's seat! This team is defenseless and Beane knows it. Why wouldn't he make one acquisition to shore up the run defense. He's not as good as I thought.  His free agents have stunk ,and the schedule is very difficult. Obviously he thinks Bills fans are happy to just make the playoffs, but we will have to win shootouts with a shaky kicker. Good luck.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Beane is 

Driver's seat! This team is defenseless and Beane knows it. Why wouldn't he make one acquisition to shore up the run defense. He's not as good as I thought.  His free agents have stunk ,and the schedule is very difficult. Obviously he thinks Bills fans are happy to just make the playoffs, but we will have to win shootouts with a shaky kicker. Good luck.

Beanie didn’t make the schedule.

1 minute ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Beanie didn’t make the schedule.

No, but he does control personnel and this defensive group can't stop the run and adding players is what GMs do. He also has depth issues at corner and the 2nd string receivers had their way with our dbs on Sunday. You like standing pat, fans like you give him a pass on being a stiff.

I wanted a move like everyone here.  However I am aware that it takes two.  So realistically...who was available for trade (not wishful thinking) and what would you have parted with in compensation.  I'm asking those posting here who are castigating Beane for not making a move.

50 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I think people need to stop thinking this way.  Yes Brady took less money to help out the team, but he also could because he has a wife who makes 2-3 times what he does per year.  The players union did not like that Brady would always take less money, and they shouldn't.  As fans yes we want to see all of these guys take less money so there is more money to spread around, but these guys shouldn't be looking to take less money.  It's the GM's job to make these contracts work, not the players.  Brady is the one outlier in this whole scenario - Manning (both of them), Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Big Ben.....they all got as much as they could and honestly Josh shouldn't be any different.  The players don't even like it when their teammates take less money, they want their guys to get paid.  If the QB takes less money, then management could go to everyone else and say "well Josh took less money to stay here, so should you."  So while it's a nice thought, it's not going to happen nor should it.

Doesn’t matter. A player is a player. Josh should say sure 25M a year is generational money and I can help the team with assets and flexibility to give me a better team to WIN multiple Championships. 

there isn’t a single person that knows how Any player will negotiate their deal. 

40 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Beane is 

Dude step away from the ledge take a chill pill and go get a hug 

Edited by Putin

I don't want to make a separate post topic but can anyone answer this question. 

I was listening to a recent Aaron Rodgers interview and he was being asked about if the team had any interest in bringing in any help for him at the trade deadline and he when into a Aaron Rodgers type answer but then he said something that peaked my interest. He said " THE LAST PLAYER THAT I BANGED THE TABLE FOR WENT TO THE BILLS"

The only one I can think of weapon wise the BILLS got during his playing career that maybe he would have wanted was Terrell Owens BUT that would have been his 2nd year starting coming off a 6-10 record. Not sure how much clout he had in the org at that point to be able to bang the table for a player

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

I don't want to make a separate post topic but can anyone answer this question. 

I was listening to a recent Aaron Rodgers interview and he was being asked about if the team had any interest in bringing in any help for him at the trade deadline and he when into a Aaron Rodgers type answer but then he said something that peaked my interest. He said " THE LAST PLAYER THAT I BANGED THE TABLE FOR WENT TO THE BILLS"

The only one I can think of weapon wise the BILLS got during his playing career that maybe he would have wanted was Terrell Owens BUT that would have been his 2nd year starting coming off a 6-10 record. Not sure how much clout he had in the org at that point to be able to bang the table for a player

He likely meant Diggs.