NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Daryl Worley signed to practice squad. No real surprise there. Assuming they gauges the market, found it to be too rich and then signed the free agent.

I am thinking the Worley signing takes out our of the DJ Hayden Rumors I have been hearing down here in Florida.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am thinking the Worley signing takes out our of the DJ Hayden Rumors I have been hearing down here in Florida.

Most likely it was discussed, and deemed too steep a price. I’m still crossing my fingers for Dalvin.

Update from Birdy:

Still trying to secure a DT

Still discussing Engram

No Movement on Mercilus

Biggest issue the bills are finding is Cap Space.  Not many teams willing to move off Cap Friendly Deals 

I asked about Dalvin Tomlinson

Response: have not heard him discussed as option, not that it hasn't I just have not heard it.

This latest update tells me I think the Bills are likely not being involved in any deals, unless something breaks the log jam they are finding with Cap Space

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Update from Birdy:

Still discussing Engram

No Movement on Mercilus

Biggest issue the bills are finding is Cap Space.  Not many teams willing to move off Cap Friendly Deals 

Biggest issue is time!  Thanks for the update!

Edited by TonyBeets

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Update from Birdy:

Still discussing Engram

No Movement on Mercilus

Hence us wanting to move Murphy in a deal. Toss in free up a roster spot. 

Just now, gordong said:

tell me honestly you think that defense stops anyone in the playoffs...  come on

I am going to honestly tell you if we are relying of our defense to win games in the playoffs we probably wont win, no.    I dont think one player changes that.   The offense needs to score points for them to win playoff games.

If Beane would have just listened to virtually every fan and media member that follows the team and knows what they are talking about, Murphy would have been cut prior to the season and we'd have the extra cap space we need for flexibility at times like this.  But no.....we keep him and he ends up not only being a healthy scratch for games this season, but an anchor on things we ant to get done at the deadline.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I asked about Dalvin Tomlinson

Response:

I have not heard him discussed as option, not that it hasn't I just have not heard it.

I’ve been saying for days the guys not really available. It’s makes no sense for the giants to let him go, unless someone is giving up a 1 or an elite level player. Tomlinson is a building block on their defense. 
They have engram and Tate and other vets to try and shop. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am going to honestly tell you if we are relying of our defense to win games in the playoffs we probably wont win, no.    I dont think one player changes that.   The offense needs to score points for them to win playoff games.

One good d-line could be a huge upgrade for this defense. even if he just takes up some blockers, because the o-lineman are killing our LB's. None of them can shed blocks. 

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

If Beane would have just listened to virtually every fan and media member that follows the team and knows what they are talking about, Murphy would have been cut prior to the season and we'd have the extra cap space we need for flexibility at times like this.  But no.....we keep him and he ends up not only being a healthy scratch for games this season, but an anchor on things we ant to get done at the deadline.

This.  Murphy should have been gone

Just now, gordong said:

One good d-line could be a huge upgrade for this defense. even if he just takes up some blockers, because the o-lineman are killing our LB's. None of them can shed blocks. 

I get what you're saying.  I just dont think you get that guy with a draft pick and 3 million dollars of cap space.   Hopefully they can, just dont see it.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get what you're saying.  I just dont think you get that guy with a draft pick and 3 million dollars of cap space.   Hopefully they can, just dont see it.

I don't either unfortunately...   but they really need someone in this roll desperately...  and I don't think Star is the answer either esp after sitting out the year. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ve been saying for days the guys not really available. It’s makes no sense for the giants to let him go, unless someone is giving up a 1 or an elite level player. Tomlinson is a building block on their defense. 
They have engram and Tate and other vets to try and shop. 

They have Leonard Williams and Davlin Tomlinson on expiring contracts. They’re both free agents and at 1-7 you need to start thinking whether or not you can even retain these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1