NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

If we all expected to go deep into the play-offs this year (I did), I think we need to downgrade our expectations... based upon what we've seen on the field.

Our current situation doesn't align with what Beane and the organization set as their expectations either, so, that kinda sucks.  Hopefully, Beane and crew keep learning and improving, and we are actually positioned for a SB run next year.

15 minutes ago, McBean said:

Great move Beane. This team is far from winning. Save the picks. 

After 4 years?  Far from winning?

That's called failure.

EDIT: Cue the fans who note Beane has only been here for 3 full off-seasons.

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 1

Glad I tuned into Schopp and the Bulldog whine incessantly about our “window” with Allen and if we should trade him, while we made no moves and they seemingly gloss over the defense that’s torpedoing this season.  

Want to know where money will come from when we sign Allen to a big deal?... all the overpaid, cut-able contracts on the DL.  

Clearly that segment should have been focused on the guy without his #2 WR, no TE and no running game (up until Sunday).  ::rolls eyes::

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Why wouldn’t they re sign Tomlinson? They’re not cap strapped, he’s a defensive captain, and he hasn’t peaked yet. That’s the exact kinda guy to keep. Add in he’s said he doesn’t want to be traded he wants to be there. 
Williams they could possibly recoup what they gave up for him. 

It's the Giants with Gettleman!!!

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Glad I tuned into Schopp and the Bulldog whine incessantly about our “window” with Allen and if we should trade him, while we made no moves and they seemingly gloss over the defense that’s torpedoing this season.  

Want to know where money will come from when we sign Allen to a big deal?... all the overpaid, cut-able contracts on the DL.  

Clearly that segment should have been focused on the guy without his #2 WR, no TE and no running game (up until Sunday).  ::rolls eyes::

The thing that they also fail to take into account is Allen himself. Literally know one knows if he will sign a team friendly deal to bring and keep talent around him  

who says he doesn’t sign a below marker deal to keep and get talent around him ala Brady. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm ok with not making moves. We're not a move or two from making the SB anyway, and the things we needed (nose tackle, LB and CB depth) either weren't available or wouldn't have worked with our cap situation. This is a fun but flawed roster. I'm OK cheering for that to whatever end. Next year is our window. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, McBean said:

Great move Beane. This team is far from winning. Save the picks. 

Not sure if you meant this as sarcasm...but if not, I agree we have a ways to go... I also wonder if the shrinking cap next year may have also played a role...

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

beane better have one hell of a draft next year. edmunds also needs to turn his game 180 degrees and this defense becomes good

He needs to get healthy. Our LBs have been hurt the entire year and the only one who isn’t (Klein) is terrible at football.

33 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Based on the fact that none of us here are flies ( or was that you on Pence’s head @Gugny ?), none of us can say what was happening in Beanes office. It would’ve been exciting for us to have got a player, but if the  opportunity wasn’t right or wasn’t even there, there was no sense in jumping just to jump

He meant Jason. 

If I were that fly, I'd have found a much, much better place to land.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane ain't getting that extension.  At least not for awhile.  They need to win a playoff game first and this roster might not do it.

He likely already got it and it won't be announced until after the season. Happens all the time. 

The move we missed out on was Snacks Harrison. He was out there for free. Even if he played 15 snaps a game it would be well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The thing that they also fail to take into account is Allen himself. Literally know one knows if he will sign a team friendly deal to bring and keep talent around him  

who says he doesn’t sign a below marker deal to keep and get talent around him ala Brady. 

I think people need to stop thinking this way.  Yes Brady took less money to help out the team, but he also could because he has a wife who makes 2-3 times what he does per year.  The players union did not like that Brady would always take less money, and they shouldn't.  As fans yes we want to see all of these guys take less money so there is more money to spread around, but these guys shouldn't be looking to take less money.  It's the GM's job to make these contracts work, not the players.  Brady is the one outlier in this whole scenario - Manning (both of them), Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Big Ben.....they all got as much as they could and honestly Josh shouldn't be any different.  The players don't even like it when their teammates take less money, they want their guys to get paid.  If the QB takes less money, then management could go to everyone else and say "well Josh took less money to stay here, so should you."  So while it's a nice thought, it's not going to happen nor should it.

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'm ok with not making moves. We're not a move or two from making the SB anyway, and the things we needed (nose tackle, LB and CB depth) either weren't available or wouldn't have worked with our cap situation. This is a fun but flawed roster. I'm OK cheering for that to whatever end. Next year is our window. 

I agree, and though it would have nice to have a move made, I also think he realizes that we need that draft picks next year to fix the defense as probably not as much money available due to lowering of the cap. Probably a lot of players released this winter league wide which will drive down costs some but still need the top three picks to find some impact players on cheap deals. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

NT and Linebackers were available. NT Snacks signed not long ago and McLendon was traded not long ago. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not sure if you meant this as sarcasm...but if not, I agree we have a ways to go... I also wonder if the shrinking cap next year may have also played a role...

Not sarcastic.

We have ways to go before competing for championships.

• Thank you (+1) 2