NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

16 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not sure he makes any moves either mainly because there are too many holes that need plugging.  The only move I could see him making would be one that would beyond this year, but can't see him going for a one year rental.

With our limited cap space, a one year rental seems like the perfect option.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Random one.   Do we take a page from bellicheats book and trade Hyde?  Hes clearly lost a little but is still perceived as a top safety.  Patriots have been great at shedding these types of players over the years. 

wouldnt hate it in a player for player deal.  throw in one of our picks to pull a higher tier player

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

In fairness, they were going to be angry regardless. Faux indignation will be the theme of the day.

This is truth for sure. Never knew we had this many members who could so easily predict the future. I missed the part where in seasons past every defense that played bad never got any better during the season without a trade. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

This is truth for sure. Never knew we had this many members who could so easily predict the future. I missed the part where in seasons past every defense that played bad never got any better during the season without a trade. 

The scheme is the same, the players are different. A trade may not fix it but considering the performance of the same scheme the prior two years, I think it's safe to say we have a personnel problem.

Just now, Luka said:

The scheme is the same, the players are different. A trade may not fix it but considering the performance of the same scheme the prior two years, I think it's safe to say we have a personnel problem.

Possibly. But it’s kinda hard to say they won’t play better. They might be bad all year, I’m just more in the thinking they’ll improve. Maybe not to the level of years past though. 

13 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Hear anything new? I’m jonesing!

Not since last update

12 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Could Star still come back this season?

Nope he is done for the year with the opt out

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Possibly. But it’s kinda hard to say they won’t play better. They might be bad all year, I’m just more in the thinking they’ll improve. Maybe not to the level of years past though. 

The biggest issue I can see is that the interior of the defensive line is under preforming. If you remember last year, they went out and got Jordan Phillips, Vincent Taylor etc. to sure up the interior because last year was just as bad at the beginning of the season. Then they let all those guys walk after fixing the problem and we're back to square one, also minus Star to top it off. This scheme absolutely requires dominant front 4 play to function. That's why they drafted Oliver and now Epenesa. So they see the need, but they want to employ former Panthers and it's blowing up in their faces.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

In fairness, they were going to be angry regardless. Faux indignation will be the theme of the day.

Let's give it some time.  As in after the next 6 weeks when Buffalo hosts Seattle, visits Arizona, the bye, then home vs. the Chargers, travels to San Fran, and then back home for Pittsburgh. 

That stretch makes or breaks their season regardless of what, if anything, happens on deadline day.

• Like (+1) 1