Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

29 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Oh they’re definitely beatable, but if - for instance - we have a 5 point lead kicking off to the Seahawks with 45 seconds and 0 time outs remaining, I am betting on Russell Wilson. And if they have more time / time outs then just forget it.

you think they can score 7 in 45 seconds with no time outs?  Are you on the game day thread cause i will happily make that bet.

34 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Oh they’re definitely beatable, but if - for instance - we have a 5 point lead kicking off to the Seahawks with 45 seconds and 0 time outs remaining, I am betting on Russell Wilson. And if they have more time / time outs then just forget it.

I would bet on Allen too if that scenario was flipped.  I think this is actually an evenly matched game.  Should be fun.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

you think they can score 7 in 45 seconds with no time outs?  Are you on the game day thread cause i will happily make that bet.

With 1:23 left against the Vikings, 4th down on his own 23, Russell Wilson launched a deep ball to Metcalf for 39 yards.

Couple completed passes later, they were down to the Vikings 6 yard line with 50 seconds left, without having used their only time out remaining.

Took Wilson 33 seconds to take the Seahawks from his own 23 to the opponent's 6 yard line, without a time out.

Granted, he threw incomplete passes on 1st 2nd and 3rd down from the 6, so by the time he hit Metcalf on 4th down (when he had to have it) there was 16 seconds left.

But if Wilson had only enough time to make one throw from the 6 yard line to win the game, I am not betting against him, not this year.

Point is.. I only had to go back a few weeks to find an example of Wilson moving his team down the field from his own 23 in under 45 seconds.

He is that good. And I'm not going to say our defense is better than the Vikings either. They were actually in control of the game until the end.

Trust me, Russell Wilson is my fantasy QB this season. I've been watching him about as closely as our own!

The last time we beat Seattle was in 2008  (Got crushed in Toronto in 2012 and lost a heartbreaker on MNF in 2016)

In the 2008 game, Roscoe Parrish had a punt return TD and Ryan Denney caught a 19 yd TD pass from Brian Moorman.  That was epic.

Time to get back on the winning end of this series.  'Hawks are due to lose an East Coast road game....and Bills are due to play a solid game against a very good team for once.  Here we go!   

• Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

With 1:23 left against the Vikings, 4th down on his own 23, Russell Wilson launched a deep ball to Metcalf for 39 yards.

Couple completed passes later, they were down to the Vikings 6 yard line with 50 seconds left, without having used their only time out remaining.

Took Wilson 33 seconds to take the Seahawks from his own 23 to the opponent's 6 yard line, without a time out.

Granted, he threw incomplete passes on 1st 2nd and 3rd down from the 6, so by the time he hit Metcalf on 4th down (when he had to have it) there was 16 seconds left.

But if Wilson had only enough time to make one throw from the 6 yard line to win the game, I am not betting against him, not this year.

Point is.. I only had to go back a few weeks to find an example of Wilson moving his team down the field from his own 23 in under 45 seconds.

He is that good. And I'm not going to say our defense is better than the Vikings either. They were actually in control of the game until the end.

Trust me, Russell Wilson is my fantasy QB this season. I've been watching him about as closely as our own!

Cool.  What are the stakes then?  I am very happy to take this bet.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wow!  I just looked at their schedule and they've pretty much played everyone close.

Exactly.

The Seahawks have to score a lot of points because they give up a lot of points.

This is a winnable game for the Bills.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Saw a stat today that said the Bills are 23-1 when leading at halftime under SMcD.  Find that hard to believe.  

I never would have guessed that stat. :o

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why - the loss was obviously the playoff game last year 

Yes

Are you certain that the statistic is for "all-time", or is it for regular season games?