Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question: who do you consider the Bills have played, that would constitute a good team with a bad D?

Titans d is rough. 25th in yards allowed per game and 18th in points allowed.

Raiders, at 4-3, are a solid team IMO. 21st in yards allowed per game and 25th in points allowed per game. 

so going back to that guys point about not taking advantage. The fact we couldn’t run against the titans 31st ranked run d(at the time) is pathetic. But we did take advantage of a bad raiders d. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I know everyone is down on the defense (myself included) but if they can give a similar performance (points wise) like they did vs KC then the Bills will have a good chance. They can't give up 245 or whatever it was yards rushing and they need to do a better job on 3rd down as well. They did hold the Chiefs to 27 points and realistically that is the best you can hope for against teams like KC and SEA.

32 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I know everyone is down on the defense (myself included) but if they can give a similar performance (points wise) like they did vs KC then the Bills will have a good chance. They can't give up 245 or whatever it was yards rushing and they need to do a better job on 3rd down as well. They did hold the Chiefs to 27 points and realistically that is the best you can hope for against teams like KC and SEA.

it was actually 26 points and it was the 2nd lowest total of the chiefs 8 games. Also one of the 3 games this year they've been held under 30. The defense, for the most part, did their job that game. They obviously couldnt get off the field like they needed to at the end of the game and so thats what everyone remembers. But i was much more disappointed with the offense coming out of that game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

it was actually 26 points and it was the 2nd lowest total of the chiefs 8 games. Also one of the 3 games this year they've been held under 30. The defense, for the most part, did their job that game. They obviously couldnt get off the field like they needed to at the end of the game and so thats what everyone remembers. But i was much more disappointed with the offense coming out of that game.  

Same disappointment with the offense. For the longest time that game was 13-10 and the Bills couldn't grab the lead. Seattle will get their yards and they will score but if the defense can somehow keep them under 30 then the offense needs to win this game.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Same disappointment with the offense. For the longest time that game was 13-10 and the Bills couldn't grab the lead. Seattle will get their yards and they will score but if the defense can somehow keep them under 30 then the offense needs to win this game.

Right. D came out of the half and forced a punt and the offense promptly went 3 and out..... and then 3 and out on the very next possession. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Titans d is rough. 25th in yards allowed per game and 18th in points allowed.

Raiders, at 4-3, are a solid team IMO. 21st in yards allowed per game and 25th in points allowed per game. 

so going back to that guys point about not taking advantage. The fact we couldn’t run against the titans 31st ranked run d(at the time) is pathetic. But we did take advantage of a bad raiders d. 

The Titans game was a little bit fluky.  The 3 TO were the difference, along with key defensive players being out.

Yeah, it was very disappointing we couldn't move the ball on them.  They pwn'd us up front.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, judman said:

My son has been a Seahawks fan for years. Who can blame him?  He’s 18 and they have been really good for all the time he remembers. I’d love it if he was a Bills fan, but he’s watched me swear and wretch for years. 

Anyway,  we had planned on this Seahawks game for years. He’s a senior in high school this year.  I was gonna make this a great weekend for us (hotel, wings, etc.) And to see that we would have been treated to 70 degrees and sunshine in early November is particularly tough to see. 

Sucks to have that taken from us. 

Go Bills!

My son was is a Steelers/Penguins fan.  Who can blame him.  His teams have already won a SC and SB.  However, I have brought him back into the Bills fold now.  I have taken him to many games and he actually asked for a Allen jersey to take to college.  I believe I am slowly but surely converting him.

15 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Does unique mean ugly?

Nope it means exactly what it normally means.

Keep in mind I have exactly 0 nostalgia for our old unis nor do I care at all for any kind of tradition with those old unis (despite being in my 40s, always disliked them). I think our 90s uniforms were pretty ugly, and our 2000s were even worse.

I love solid color setups, I love red, and I love our white helmets. My absolute favorite is the all white throwbacks.

Edited by Tuel Time
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Nope it means exactly what it normally means.

Keep in mind I have exactly 0 nostalgia for our old unis nor do I care at all for any kind of tradition with those old unis (despite being in my 40s, always disliked them). I think our 90s uniforms were pretty ugly, and our 2000s were even worse.

I love solid color setups, I love red, and I love our white helmets. My absolute favorite is the all white throwbacks.

I wonder if its a league rule that the Bills can't wear this combo but I always thought red over white would look just as good as blue over white. I also love the all whites both current and throwback. I know red over white might make the Bills look like the old Pats uniform wise but I still think that would be a great look. I hate the all blues and all reds look

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

Seattle has given up over 500 yards 3 times this year.

Ouch.

But the Bills under McDermott haven't really taken advantage of playing against a bad D, meaning a really good team with a bad D.

Against Seattle would be a nice start.

If Josh doesn’t throw for 400 and put up 40 points - I tell ya, I’m done with this team. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 2

I don’t care how much he throws for, just get a dub.I am realistically hoping to split the next 2 NFC games. 

no one (at least that I’ve seen)  is picking Buffalo to have a chance in this game. They remain at +3, so Vegas expects it to be close. Beware the home dog! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t care how much he throws for, just get a dub.I am realistically hoping to split the next 2 NFC games. 

no one (at least that I’ve seen)  is picking Buffalo to have a chance in this game. They remain at +3, so Vegas expects it to be close. Beware the home dog! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/05/sports/football/nfl-picks-week-9.html

30 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Paywall they  pick Bills?

Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m., Fox

Line: Seahawks -3 | Total: 55

Russell Wilson reminded everyone why he is the front-runner for the league’s Most Valuable Player Award in last week’s win over San Francisco, but the defensive shortcomings of the Seahawks (6-1) were apparent even in that 10-point victory.

It is with that imbalance between its offense and defense that Seattle travels to Orchard Park, N.Y., to face the Bills (6-2). Such a game this deep into the season would normally create a hostile environment for a visiting team. But with no fans in attendance, and an expected game time temperature of 71 degrees, it is about as neutral a setting as the Seahawks could hope for.

That being said, Buffalo is not nearly as bad offensively as it looked in the last few weeks, and Seattle is very likely to have its hands full. Pick: Bills +3

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question: who do you consider the Bills have played, that would constitute a good team with a bad D?

Could we do the Rams vibe thing without the 3-score comeback this time?  My heart says "please" and "TIA"

Philadelphia and Cleveland come to mind last year and Tennessee hasn’t stopped anybody but the Bills O this year.

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I wonder if its a league rule that the Bills can't wear this combo but I always thought red over white would look just as good as blue over white. I also love the all whites both current and throwback. I know red over white might make the Bills look like the old Pats uniform wise but I still think that would be a great look. I hate the all blues and all reds look

Yeah red over white would be pretty cool. The only combo I dislike is the White over blue pants. Something about that combo bugs me.