Jump to content

Gutted


Simon
 Share

Recommended Posts

This team is just eviscerated in the interior on both sides of the ball.

Guys either at home, on the sideline or hurt and half-stepping.

There is no way they can continue to steal wins this way.

 

They won't ever actually be at full strength the rest of this year and I hope they coach accordingly.

Overaggressive calls to pressure opposing offenses and defenses the best you can and be conscientious about protecting your blue chip QB.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Simon said:

This team is just eviscerated in the interior on both sides of the ball.

Guys either at home, on the sideline or hurt and half-stepping.

There is no way they can continue to steal wins this way.

 

They won't ever actually be at full strength the rest of this year and I hope they coach accordingly.

Overaggressive calls to pressure opposing offenses and defenses the best you can and be conscientious about protecting your blue chip QB.

 

 

As I promised a couple of weeks ago, I'm not going to harp on the McD aspect of things until after the season is over.  I think that given the parameters of the squad for the remainder of the season, a ton of their future success is going to come down to coaching.

 

What continues to bug me is that when something is working -- then something else gets thrown into the gameplan.  Run left?  Working.  Run left again?  Working.  QB sneak?  Flea flicker?  OMG, so weird, and does not make sense.

 

When I used to play baseball, I was a fastball/curveball pitcher.  My FB would top at maybe 91 or 92, but usually averaged around 86 or 87.  When my curve worked it would bite hard and I'd strike guys out.  My best games were when I threw the same pitch most (if not all) of the game because it was working.

 

I do not know or understand why this team gets cute and abandons what works.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Groin said:

As I promised a couple of weeks ago, I'm not going to harp on the McD aspect of things until after the season is over.  I think that given the parameters of the squad for the remainder of the season, a ton of their future success is going to come down to coaching.

 

What continues to bug me is that when something is working -- then something else gets thrown into the gameplan.  Run left?  Working.  Run left again?  Working.  QB sneak?  Flea flicker?  OMG, so weird, and does not make sense.

 

When I used to play baseball, I was a fastball/curveball pitcher.  My FB would top at maybe 91 or 92, but usually averaged around 86 or 87.  When my curve worked it would bite hard and I'd strike guys out.  My best games were when I threw the same pitch most (if not all) of the game because it was working.

 

I do not know or understand why this team gets cute and abandons what works.


Oh great, we get the win but are left with a sore Groin.

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:


Oh great, we get the win but are left with a sore Groin.

Haha, no.  Not at all.  I'm glad that they won (I've written it twice in separate threads now), like really, really glad.  But in addressing the negatives I have to state what I've observed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

And it stops him doing the thing he does best. When he is rushing we look a lot better.

 

The 2 TD drives, he was in the 1T and got pushed 4 yards off the ball... I don't know why they continue to do it. I mean Harrison and Zimmer weren't great either there but that is a massive hole for the Bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Please, please stop having Oliver play the 1T... he just get's pushed around.

He's not a 1 tech. He'll never be a 1 tech. Edmunds is not a MLB. He never will be a MLB.  It's this incessant stubbornness we see in McDermott (Peterman) who takes ages to realize something is not working. We still have NO 1 tech on this team. And it affects everything on defense. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not a 3 tech. He'll never be a 3 tech. Edmunds is not a MLB. He never will be a MLB.  It's this incessant stubbornness we see in McDermott (Peterman) who takes ages to realize something is not working. We still have NO 1 tech on this team. And it affects everything on defense. 

 

Completely disagree, he is nearly unblockable in 3T. What he can't play is the 1T, which they seem to be putting him in, in certain situations.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Groin said:

As I promised a couple of weeks ago, I'm not going to harp on the McD aspect of things until after the season is over.  I think that given the parameters of the squad for the remainder of the season, a ton of their future success is going to come down to coaching.

 

What continues to bug me is that when something is working -- then something else gets thrown into the gameplan.  Run left?  Working.  Run left again?  Working.  QB sneak?  Flea flicker?  OMG, so weird, and does not make sense.

 

When I used to play baseball, I was a fastball/curveball pitcher.  My FB would top at maybe 91 or 92, but usually averaged around 86 or 87.  When my curve worked it would bite hard and I'd strike guys out.  My best games were when I threw the same pitch most (if not all) of the game because it was working.

 

I do not know or understand why this team gets cute and abandons what works.

Because he's a very very stubborn coach which will be his biggest weakness. 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

 

Completely disagree, he is nearly unblockable in 3T. What he can't play is the 1T, which they seem to be putting him in, in certain situations.

I got that all backwards....alzheimers 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...