Gutted

Simon

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

True.   I thought about that a little watching that game.   But you have to think about what the scheme is the Bills are trying to play. 

Somebody dumping on Edmunds posted the replay of Newton's fumble and complained about how Edmunds let himself get taken out of the play.  When you watch the replay, you see that Edmunds is being driven downfield by two blockers, at least one of whom is a lineman, and I think the other was too.  Linebackers make plays in the running game by staying clean and running freely to the ball.  That happens only when their defensive lineman occupy the offensive line.   When the Pats can afford to get two offensive linemen downfield to block Edmunds, your defensive lineman have to make plays (which, it turns out, Zimmer did).

Put another way, if Milano and Edmunds were playing behind Mack and Nicks, the Bills defense would be crushing it.  And, as I said, I think it all starts with a guy who can play the 1-tech and absorb blockers.  Then Oliver is better, and the DEs are better, too.  

Milano is a keeper, aggressive quick leader, but Edmunds is so far over his head. I understand what the coaches visualize but into his third year he has not shown the ,leadership, strength, reading ability, beating the blocks with his long arms or toughness. It appears he can cover.

The advancement from rookie to now is marginal, but we have removed support around him and he has not filled the gap. We wanted Biscuit, we got mush so far. 

On 11/2/2020 at 6:13 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

Please, please stop having Oliver play the 1T... he just get's pushed around.

He actually played fairly decent at 1-tech.  He wasn't terrible.

But yes, as Gunner said above, it stops him from doing what he does best. Not their best option, but they're searching. With all the injuries on top of their 1-tech woes without Star, they've had to try a lot of different things.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He actually played fairly decent at 1-tech. 

But yes, as Gunner said below, it stops him from doing what he does best. Not their best option, but they're searching. With all the injuries on top of their 1-tech woes without Star, they've had to try a lot of different things.

They desperately need to get Ed out of playing one tech. It would be a complete failure on the front office to not have traded for a one tech or signed a guy off the street to get into the mix. 

Oh man, the Bucs barely got by the Giants...didn’t stomp them out like they should’ve. The Giants lost the game though, the Bucs didn’t actually win. Put Bruce Arians on notice, the gm is trash too, made all those moves and only won by 2. Not good enough.🤷🏼‍♂️😆

On 11/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, Simon said:

This team is just eviscerated in the interior on both sides of the ball.

Guys either at home, on the sideline or hurt and half-stepping.

There is no way they can continue to steal wins this way.

They won't ever actually be at full strength the rest of this year and I hope they coach accordingly.

Overaggressive calls to pressure opposing offenses and defenses the best you can and be conscientious about protecting your blue chip QB.

D-Line was badly hurt by those who did not return from last year. LB has no quality depth, a guy who has regressed, and one who is always hurt.

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They desperately need to get Ed out of playing one tech. It would be a complete failure on the front office to not have traded for a one tech or signed a guy off the street to get into the mix. 

There's nobody out there worth paying for.

I'd be thrilled, but it's unlikely.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, Groin said:

As I promised a couple of weeks ago, I'm not going to harp on the McD aspect of things until after the season is over.  I think that given the parameters of the squad for the remainder of the season, a ton of their future success is going to come down to coaching.

What continues to bug me is that when something is working -- then something else gets thrown into the gameplan.  Run left?  Working.  Run left again?  Working.  QB sneak?  Flea flicker?  OMG, so weird, and does not make sense.

When I used to play baseball, I was a fastball/curveball pitcher.  My FB would top at maybe 91 or 92, but usually averaged around 86 or 87.  When my curve worked it would bite hard and I'd strike guys out.  My best games were when I threw the same pitch most (if not all) of the game because it was working.

I do not know or understand why this team gets cute and abandons what works.

So if you’re curve was working that day, you abandoned the fastball???

🤨🤨🧐

I’m also a baseball guy and this analogy doesn’t make sense. 
I do however agree that it drives me nuts when the Bills abandon the run when it’s working or even worse, use trick plays.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, Simon said:

This team is just eviscerated in the interior on both sides of the ball.

Guys either at home, on the sideline or hurt and half-stepping.

There is no way they can continue to steal wins this way.

They won't ever actually be at full strength the rest of this year and I hope they coach accordingly.

Overaggressive calls to pressure opposing offenses and defenses the best you can and be conscientious about protecting your blue chip QB.

Huge props to the Bills coaching staff for calling a hyper-aggressive game today.

That is their straightest path forward to winning with this roster and I'm pumped they seem to recognize it.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

Huge props to the Bills coaching staff for calling a hyper-aggressive game today.

That is their straightest path forward to winning with this roster and I'm pumped they seem to recognize it.

Was what we were all waiting for... makes a man feel good.