Gutted

Simon

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

hooray for the fortunate cam fumble, let’s pretend a team that hasn’t moved the ball all month didn't run it all over us 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

It WAS fortunate...but it was also forced.  It was a solid ass football play.  6-2.  I'll take it any way we can get it.  I know we have a TON to work on, but would you rather win today and have things to work on, or lose and have things to work on?  I will take the win always.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I must admit... I spent half the game thinking the defense looks soft and wondering how the offensive and defensive lines went from team strengths to weaknesses in one off season.  

We beat that ***** team!  I love it!  But you do have to wonder how we’re going to fair over the last half of the season when they seem so soft up the middle on both sides of the line.  

We all keep waiting for them to figure it out.  But at this point, I think Beane rolled the dice on letting some guys walk and it hasn’t worked out. 

But for now..  Just enjoy this win!  We don’t beat that ***** team often!  

• Like (+1) 1

Lot of complaining after a win...no matter the media slant on the Pats they are very well coached and had a good game plan. We were better today. Made plays when you have to. You guys want automatic wins all the time. This team is learning to grind it out and in typical millennial fashion you want a white wash... we aren’t the Chiefs so that’s not going to happen. And idc if you’ve been a fan for 40 years yes your attitude is that of a millennial. Take the win, drink your beer and it’s on to Seattle. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

This team is just eviscerated in the interior on both sides of the ball.

Guys either at home, on the sideline or hurt and half-stepping.

There is no way they can continue to steal wins this way.

They won't ever actually be at full strength the rest of this year and I hope they coach accordingly.

Overaggressive calls to pressure opposing offenses and defenses the best you can and be conscientious about protecting your blue chip QB.

Simon, they blitzed relentlessly in that game. Worked in the first half, but not in the second. The Pats’ blocking crew played extremely well in that second half on passing plays.

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not a 1 tech. He'll never be a 1 tech. Edmunds is not a MLB. He never will be a MLB.  It's this incessant stubbornness we see in McDermott (Peterman) who takes ages to realize something is not working. We still have NO 1 tech on this team. And it affects everything on defense. 

So who would you switch too?  They have tried just about every lineman at the 1 Tech and someone looks good for maybe 1 game at most, then the next week the same thing is a disaster.  LB they were weak at back ups to start with, throw injuries in there and no better options for the most part

11 minutes ago, Groin said:

As I promised a couple of weeks ago, I'm not going to harp on the McD aspect of things until after the season is over.  I think that given the parameters of the squad for the remainder of the season, a ton of their future success is going to come down to coaching.

What continues to bug me is that when something is working -- then something else gets thrown into the gameplan.  Run left?  Working.  Run left again?  Working.  QB sneak?  Flea flicker?  OMG, so weird, and does not make sense.

When I used to play baseball, I was a fastball/curveball pitcher.  My FB would top at maybe 91 or 92, but usually averaged around 86 or 87.  When my curve worked it would bite hard and I'd strike guys out.  My best games were when I threw the same pitch most (if not all) of the game because it was working.

I do not know or understand why this team gets cute and abandons what works.

Yet they don't make adjustments in the areas that are not working.

Teams are killing us with the quick underneath passes.  Every.  Single.  Week.  Yet we continue to play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY off the ball.  The top receiver for our opponent was Jakobi Meyers.  But our corners were regularly playing 8-10 yards off the receivers, and then started backtracking farther before the snap.  Just because our scheme is zone, doesn't mean you just let the WRs catch everything without contest.

I've been harping on many of the reasons our defense is struggling.  The injuries.  The lack of a true 1-Tech DT.  But I'm also starting to realize the book is totally out on our secondary.  We have one good CB, and the other guys just CANNOT cover.  In fact, they don't even try.  Whether it's Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, Josh Norman, etc., their plan seems to be... let up a 7 yard pass, then hope I can tackle him before the marker.  

If the only way our Defense can make a stop is when the other team makes a mistake (penalty, sack, turnover), then SOMETHING needs to change.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

hooray for the fortunate cam fumble, let’s pretend a team that hasn’t moved the ball all month didn't run it all over us 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

i dont think anyone is pretending that. Its been well discussed that our D is underachieving & has major issues.

But the flipside to ur statement is that we havent ran the ball well at all this year & ran all over New England too.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Simon, they blitzed relentlessly in that game. Worked in the first half, but not in the second. The Pats’ blocking crew played extremely well in that second half on passing plays.

Looked to me like the Pats started using playaction on early downs in the second half to take advantage of the aggressiveness.  

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

Zimmer has more impact plays this season as a UDFA than he does.

He really doesn't.

Tell us more about responsibilities for a 1-tech DT and a 3-tech DT, because Oliver get's thrown into the 1-tech quite a bit and he isn't suited for it. Oh and Zimmer get's thrown in there too and gets absolutely blown off the ball. There have been many film reviews of it, so no need to take my word.

• Like (+1) 1

Why did anyone think this slow reacting front 7 would stop any run game? They also get routinely pushed around by good o-lines. Then the Pat's backup receivers dominate our defensive backs. Beane should rush in and get some good defenders at the deadline or we are doomed to lose to any solid playoff quality team we play. We stink on defense. 

Maybe we should be less concerned with why McD insists on using Oliver in the 1 tech, and more concerned with why he feels he has to use him there. We don’t have a 1 tech, let alone a dominant player at the position. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

i dont think anyone is pretending that. Its been well discussed that our D is underachieving & has major issues.

But the flipside to ur statement is that we havent ran the ball well at all this year & ran all over New England too.

run game was pretty solid for us today for sure 

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did we win? 

Did we defeat Belicheat?

thats good enough for me 

The Superbowl teams didn't play a perfect game every week. We are 6-2 and in 1st place. Defense has questions but we won

• Like (+1) 2