Patriot Week - Would losing this week be the most disappointing since McDermott took over?

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Part of this "believe in the process" is baby steps. The first goal was developing our 1st round qb. And I think we're almost there. The next goal has to be taking yearly control of the division. You can't just skip that and expect to jump right to beating KC and winning SB'S.  Baby steps.

But you CAN win the division and still lose twice to the Pats ... 

just sayin

Again it is just that it is the Patrs and narrative is there.  A loss Sunday and yes it will be a national story and a good guffaw for all non-Bills fans.

20 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Call me crazy, but I think losing a playoff game after taking a 16-0 lead is more disappointing than losing to a 2-5 team in the division.

Because that was the Bills modus operandi the past 3 years with McD.  score 14-20 points, relax come the third quarter and hope to hang on.

Disappointing as that was, it was not unexpected.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Why do we do this? Why do we ascribe so much more importance on certain games? I have a friend who’s not a Bills fan and as an outsider is confused as to why we have like 7 personal Super Bowls every season. It’s another week. It doesn’t matter that it’s the Pats or prime time or that the Jets are 0-6 or a revenge game. They’re all equally must wins. We don’t get extra points for story lines we made up in our heads. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Why does everything need to be superlative all the time? “Most ever” “worst ever” “signature win” “best dressed”... Just let it happen, man. Not like anyone here has a lick of influence on the outcome anyway. 

That's a perfectly acceptable attitude to adopt, but it does make me wonder why a person who has adopted such an attitude would spend much time at a discussion forum.

We're here to discuss things, churn them around, kick the can a bit.

Why not just watch the game, enjoy it for what it is, and turn the whole thing off when the game is over?!

🤔

As far as my personal expectations go this would have to be the worst loss of Mcdermotts tenure. He's winless in 6 attempts vs the evil empire. With no Brady and all the COVID optouts this has to be the worst the Patriots have looked since the 90's. Conversely, this is the best the Bills have looked since the 90s. 

45 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Why does everything need to be superlative all the time? “Most ever” “worst ever” “signature win” “best dressed”... Just let it happen, man. Not like anyone here has a lick of influence on the outcome anyway. 

Is this thread one of the 'worst of' ever? 🤔

😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

If this Bills lose this game (which I expect/predict is going to happen) not only will it be the beginning of a very extended losing streak and tailspin to end the season but it will end all the 'process' garbage once and for all and prove this regime are frauds.

I think then the focus clearly shifts to the Pegulas for what actions come next because they cannot let this GM draft another QB either.

I get the schtick. You’ve done this under multiple user names now.  Pumping up Miami.  Expecting losing streaks.  High level business meetings, etc.  it’s kind of amusing until you actually allow yourself to think about it.  This is entertainment for you.  Yikes. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If this Bills lose this game (which I expect/predict is going to happen) not only will it be the beginning of a very extended losing streak and tailspin to end the season but it will end all the 'process' garbage once and for all and prove this regime are frauds.

I think then the focus clearly shifts to the Pegulas for what actions come next because they cannot let this GM draft another QB either.

The only fraud that will be proven this season is you!

• Like (+1) 1

No.

Losing the playoff game to the Texans after we took a 13-0 lead into halftime and a 16-8 lead into the 4th Q was the most disappointing game so far.

Second place, the loss to the Ravens.  They were so explosive, and McD's D did such a good job shutting them down to let us back in it, and we came so close to tieing it at the end.

At this point, we are playing backup OLmen on both sides at guard, our run game is nonexistent, we're missing our #2 WR and our nominally #1 TE, our Defense apparently can't stop a Nosebleed, and Belicheck perennially pwns McD

So while I badly, badly want to see us win....it wouldn't be the most disappointing to me personally

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I think I will enjoy the fact that the Bills are 5-2 (3-0 in the division) with a chance to go 6-2 (4-0). If you can't enjoy winning seasons then what is the point of being a fan.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is the unhappiest fan base for a 5-2 team in the history of the league.

That's because some folks are looking beyond the record at more critical indicators of team quality, looking at the schedule, comparing it to the very easy one we had to start the season, and realizing we have a very tough row to hoe.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think I will enjoy the fact that the Bills are 5-2 (3-0 in the division) with a chance to go 6-2 (4-0). If you can't enjoy winning seasons then what is the point of being a fan.

He is a fan? From reports he was a troll with multiple aliases on BBMB before it was closed down and patients left on street without medication.

@JetsFan20 seems more of a fan than him.