Former 49er Dana Stubblefield sentenced 15 years to life

Greg S

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

His lawyer is up there in terms of bad people as well.

I don't hate lawyers, but I just wonder how some lawyers can actually review a case and after getting the story, actually say "Yup, I can defend this guy, and make a nice payday doing it". How do they look their wife, kids neighbors in the eye at the end of the day? I understand everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and a proper defense is part of that, but I wonder how many attorneys looked over the case and decided to pass based on what was alleged. 

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often wonder how any person who defends this kind of scum can sleep at night.  It's sad when "winning a case," is more important than putting a monster like this behind bars.

I agree with @thenorthremembers, his attorney is just as much of a scumbag as Stubblefield is.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often wonder how any person who defends this kind of scum can sleep at night.  It's sad when "winning a case," is more important than putting a monster like this behind bars.

I agree with @thenorthremembers, his attorney is just as much of a scumbag as Stubblefield is.

The system works best when both sides are equally represented, and the truth emerges in the court.

That is the theory, at least.  Doesn't always work out that way.  This time it sounds like it did, though we don't really know the details here.  

And don't think all defense attorneys "know" the guilt of their clients.  They don't.  

Having your day in court with proper legal representation is what separates us from Nazi Germany and Stalinist USSR.

Don't attack the defense attorney; attack Stubblefield.

Dude has some screws loose.

Hard to believe he sunk to this level after being a star in the NFL.

As others have said, it's a really sad story.

I found myself almost proud of the victim, as I was reading, for having the gumption to follow through and report the crime immediately.  A lot of rape victims don't.

Good for her.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

What a sick and disgusting human being.  Animal is a better description than human being.

And suppose it wasn't rape?  Then would that make you a terrible person?  I am always skeptical when it comes to these sort of things.  The defense should never be denied admission of evidence.  How do you accuse an alleged victim of being a liar.  No one wants to be wrong about that sort of thing and that makes it easy to get convicted of a false accusation.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

His lawyer is up there in terms of bad people as well.

Unless he isn't the one lying.  I don't understand why people who it has nothing to do with don't reserve Judgement.

I also wish this sort of news stayed off this board, especially right now.  We have enough negative things to deal with.  This has nothing to do with the Bills and in reality isn't football related. He isn't even a former Bill's player.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Hokay, this could have been a football thread about the man's football career and its ups and downs....but it isn't.

Two viewpoints:

1) the man is scum and maybe the lawyer who defended him is scum too

2) the man deserves a defense and we should reserve judgement

Nothing new seems to be being presented, so rather than move it to OTW I'm gonna lock.

If folks wish further discussion of criminal evidence, justice, perpetrators, lawyers etc --- the PPP is at your service.

• Like (+1) 1