Jump to content
FireChans

"Andy Dalton will be just as good as Dak on the Cowboys!"

Recommended Posts

On 10/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, Alphadawg7 said:


It’s like when everyone wanted to pay Cousins and it was clear he wasn’t worth the money he was gonna get.  Dak > Cousins but the situation is similar because Dak is seeking an insane amount of money, and an amount that exceeds what he has led them to on the field. 

 

Dak's not the problem.  The offense produces. (even though they should be running it through Zeke)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:


You just made my point.  Almost every one of those teams regrets the contract they gave those QBs and those teams have not won anything.  The one exception is Goff, but I can tell you the vibe around LA is that he’s over paid and that contract is gonna be an anchor.  Goff is already being labeled the next Matt Ryan here in LA...a guy who can stack stats up over the course of a season, but struggles to beat good teams and and struggles under pressure.  A guy who lacks that edge or killer instinct.  He’s still young, so he can still prove those concerns wrong.  But all the other QBs you listed lead squandering teams who struggle to even make the playoffs.  So thank you for making my point.  
 

Doesn’t matter where his contract ranks 3 years from now, it’s still a cap choking contract.  And if you aren’t good enough to help your team over come those inevitable deficiencies across the whole roster due to contracts like that, then what good is it to the team?  
 

It’s worse to be stuck in that 7-9 win zone year after year.  You miss out on the top tier prospects at the top of the draft.  Picks you need to hit on to bring in affordable top tier talent to balance the roster. So you better have a great GM if you’re too heavy at the QB position with a QB whose not worth that top pay tier.  
 

Again, it’s never worked in NFL history paying a tier 2 QB top tier money.  Not once.  You can’t argue against a 0% success percentage.  

 

I get what you are saying but the alternative is having no Quarterback. Because unless the NFL teams all get together and say "we are not going to pay 2nd tier guys anymore" then the reality is if you don't pay Dak someone else does and you are a poorer team as a result. The same with all of those other guys. So what your argument amounts to is "stop the world I want to get off." Great. Then you are the Buffalo Bills of the 00s. Starting Kelly Holcombe and convincing yourself Trent Edwards might be the answer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I get what you are saying but the alternative is having no Quarterback. Because unless the NFL teams all get together and say "we are not going to pay 2nd tier guys anymore" then the reality is if you don't pay Dak someone else does and you are a poorer team as a result. The same with all of those other guys. So what your argument amounts to is "stop the world I want to get off." Great. Then you are the Buffalo Bills of the 00s. Starting Kelly Holcombe and convincing yourself Trent Edwards might be the answer.  

 

I get where you are coming from.  But part of the Bills story was also being a perennial 7 to 8 win team for years and never having a shot at top end prospects at top of the draft.  

 

So if you build a team thats cap strapped and always stuck as a middling fringe playoff team, then you're facing being stuck in that state a long time.  I get it, its a fine line, and I understand that at the end of the day, over paying a QB is part of the game.  But there is a difference in over paying say a tier 3 guy to be paid like a tier 2 guy versus paying someone the kind of money Dak wants.  If that bet on Dak doesn't get you any further, your organization is handcuffed and stuck for 4 plus years and likely never goes anywhere significant.  

 

I would have had less issue with paying Dak before they shelled out all that money to Zeke and Cooper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

I get where you are coming from.  But part of the Bills story was also being a perennial 7 to 8 win team for years and never having a shot at top end prospects at top of the draft.  

 

So if you build a team thats cap strapped and always stuck as a middling fringe playoff team, then you're facing being stuck in that state a long time.  I get it, its a fine line, and I understand that at the end of the day, over paying a QB is part of the game.  But there is a difference in over paying say a tier 3 guy to be paid like a tier 2 guy versus paying someone the kind of money Dak wants.  If that bet on Dak doesn't get you any further, your organization is handcuffed and stuck for 4 plus years and likely never goes anywhere significant.  

 

I would have had less issue with paying Dak before they shelled out all that money to Zeke and Cooper.  

 

Tier 2 guys get paid like tier 1 guys. It is the league. I agree the Cooper deal in particular was a bad deal, however Dallas has the money to pay Dak. And it should have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 7:20 AM, ProcessTruster said:

Cowboys had their window a 2-3  years ago when they were loaded and blew it.  Now they will suffer for a couple seasons, but be on national TV like 18 times. 

 

we are all suffering with these awful nfc east games.   I’m boycotting all national TV NFC East games!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Tier 2 guys get paid like tier 1 guys. It is the league. I agree the Cooper deal in particular was a bad deal, however Dallas has the money to pay Dak. And it should have done.

 

But they are hesitant for a reason.  A team never afraid of spending is reluctant to give him what he wants.  If the Cowboys had been winning the division every year and making deep playoff runs, do you really think Dak wouldn't have his contract yet?  I mean they would have paid him already and definitely before Cooper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

But they are hesitant for a reason.  A team never afraid of spending is reluctant to give him what he wants.  If the Cowboys had been winning the division every year and making deep playoff runs, do you really think Dak wouldn't have his contract yet?  I mean they would have paid him already and definitely before Cooper.  

 

They have won 2 out of 4 and had 3 winning seasons. He has won 1 fewer division and 1 fewer playoff game in 4 years than Romo did in 9. They are wrong to be hesitant. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dallas - No Name Football Team score was absolutely shocking yesterday.  That division might be the most entertaining in all of the NFL..  No one wants the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 7:35 AM, SirAndrew said:

The Cowboys have a lot of problems, many of them started when Jerry fell in love with Mike McCarthy. 

Oh the problem started way before that and his name is jerry Jones. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

That hit was disgusting.

 

If the NFL was serious about controlling this they need top suspend Bostic for the next game an it appear, as per usual, they will wimp out and not suspend him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Sad part is Dak gambled and lost.  He had $175 mil. over 5 years and was greedy.  Now, he has a terrible injury, and hopefully gets back to health, but who knows if Jerrah wants that deal now.

 

I like the guy and he is an unsung hero as he has tremendous stats.  He wasn’t the reason they didn’t make the playoffs.

You don’t think he has a huge insurance policy in the case of a career ending injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue, not to the level of what he would make with a new contract, so, so. No.  He lost $ because he gambled and lost.  I have nothing against him, but he just pushed for the same $ over 4 years vs. the same / yr. over 5 yrs.  Now he has a catastrophic injury, and I certainly hope and pray he comes back.  I never thought he was a bad guy at all, just gambled and lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Poor guy was destroyed by Bostic. I finally just seen the play today. 

 

 


 

I hate this, but it is part of the issue with all of the people that always want Allen to Slide.  This is one of many QBs that are running and slide late as the defender is coming in and when they slide - the QBs head is now in line with the fender that was going to hit his mid section.  This is the most dangerous thing for a rushing QB.

 

The defender has some responsibility, but these QBs run and then just as the defenders are arriving decide to slide and then take a huge shot.

 

If Dalton decides to slide 1 -2 steps earlier he does not get hit and if he stays up and keeps running he takes a big shot to his hip.  The worst thing is sliding late and you expose your head to that type of shot.

 

Bostic deserves some punishment, but I think we either need to eliminate the slide or make these QBs slide earlier.  Kyler Murray is great at this watching him - he runs and then looks like he is going to slide, but then changes direction as the defense slows.  Then if the defense is coming he slides late and gets personal fouls called.  He did it 3-4 times against San Fran, but then looks like he is going to slide and busts it for a TD.  It is unfair for the defense.

 

I get the rule, but would have no issue if they did not call it because he tried to slide with a defender within 1-2 yards.  

 

 

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full transparency, I thought Dalton would take Dak’s job. I also was not sold on Dak. But he proved it this year. Unfortunate he got hurt because he was lighting it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this is a disgusting hit. Direct body check to the head. The NFL has no logic whatsoever if Bostic is not suspended. It was a penalty in the game and an ejection. The player was concussed and is out for a game. So does this not merit at least a game and a massive fine? And WTF is with the Cowboy players doing absolutely nothing like they didn't even see the play??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...