"Andy Dalton will be just as good as Dak on the Cowboys!"

FireChans

It won't matter who's playing QB for Dallas, their defense is worst in the league (Falcons are in the mix as well). It's not like they were 4-0 with Dak.

Dalton might be better than a couple of current NFL starters.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

It won't matter who's playing QB for Dallas, their defense is worst in the league (Falcons are in the mix as well). It's not like they were 4-0 with Dak.

Dalton might be better than a couple of current NFL starters.

They actually make the Bills D look competent.

• Haha (+1) 2

The people who don't think Dak is any good need to watch that game. 

Dak is a top 10 Quarterback. The idea Andy Dalton was "not that different" was always utter horse manure. 

The reason the Cowboys are 2-4 and have been in every game pretty much to the end before last night is Dak Prescott. Anyone watching the first 5 games and not thinking "man Dak is the best thing about that team" is not paying attention. 

The defense is atrocious (it is worse than the Bills)

The oline has fallen apart

Zeke has lost some pop

They have no tight end

The receivers in fairness are decent but they look a lot more explosive when #4 is throwing to them.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The people who don't think Dak is any good need to watch that game. 

Dak is a top 10 Quarterback. The idea Andy Dalton was "not that different" was always utter horse manure. 

The reason the Cowboys are 2-4 and have been in every game pretty much to the end before last night is Dak Prescott. Anyone watching the first 5 games and not thinking "man Dak is the best thing about that team" is not paying attention. 

The defense is atrocious (it is worse than the Bills)

The oline has fallen apart

Zeke has lost some pop

They have no tight end

The receivers in fairness are decent but they look a lot more explosive when #4 is throwing to them.

Cowboys had their window a 2-3  years ago when they were loaded and blew it.  Now they will suffer for a couple seasons, but be on national TV like 18 times. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Cowboys had their window a 2-3  years ago when they were loaded and blew it.  Now they will suffer for a couple seasons, but be on national TV like 18 times. 

I think they were at their most loaded last year to be honest. It was one of the best rosters in the league and they went 8-8.

But the best player on that team is #4. They went from being a team that loses shoot outs to being a team that gets embarrassed in blow outs instantly when he got hurt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Not quite.  Shout out @Alphadawg7,

Do the Cowboys win another game with this dude under center?

Win another game?  They will win the NFC East.  Dalton is not the problem with Dallas.  Their D is awful and Zeke is fumbling. He lost the ball TWICE in one game.  

Dalton is a solid QB.  There is a reason he only makes a couple million dollars a year though.  He is basically Tyrod Taylor.  He can win you games but never win you big games.

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Don’t be an idiot (I realize that’s a tall ask for you).

That’s not what I said.  I was referring to the insane money Dak wanted and whether or not to pay him what he was asking.  I said Dak was a good QB, but that even with his best seasons and a loaded roster he didn’t win and committing that kind of cap killing money to someone who wasn’t winning enough was going to be an issue after all the money they already shelled out on the offense.  That they won’t be able to build up the team around him, especially the defense.  So actually, everything I said was spot on because Dallas was not winning with Dak and literally if not for the ineptness of Atlanta during an onside kick, they would be winless with Dak despite being a heavy SB favorite and in a bad division.  

In terms of Dalton, I did say I don’t know that their record is much different with Dalton over Dak.  I never said Dalton is as good as Dak in terms of being a QB.  

So this is a false thread and you need to remove my tag or change your title, because it’s not what I was saying.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s not what I said.  I was referring to the insane money Dak wanted and whether or not to pay him what he was asking.  I said Dak was a good QB, but that even with his best seasons and a loaded roster he didn’t win and committing that kind of cap killing money to someone who wasn’t winning enough was going to be an issue after all the money they already shelled out on the offense.  That they won’t be able to build up the team around him, especially the defense.  So actually, everything I said was spot on because Dallas was not winning with Dak and literally if not for the ineptness of Atlanta during an onside kick, they would be winless with Dak despite being a heavy SB favorite and in a bad division.  

In terms of Dalton, I did say I don’t know that their record is much different with Dalton over Dak.  I never said Dalton is as good as Dak in terms of being a QB.  

So this is a false thread and you need to remove my tag or change your title, because it’s not what I was saying.  

Dak is not worth big money.  Everyone sees that.  Anyone who thinks he deserves top 5 QB money is insane.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Dak is not worth big money.  Everyone sees that.  Anyone who thinks he deserves top 5 QB money is insane.

It’s like when everyone wanted to pay Cousins and it was clear he wasn’t worth the money he was gonna get.  Dak > Cousins but the situation is similar because Dak is seeking an insane amount of money, and an amount that exceeds what he has led them to on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Their record may not be different. But their points differential would be massively so. Dak was their best player.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s like when everyone wanted to pay Cousins and it was clear he wasn’t worth the money he was gonna get.  Dak > Cousins but the situation is similar because Dak is seeking an insane amount of money, and an amount that exceeds what he has led them to on the field. 

What they offered him was more than he was worth.  It is insane he did not take it.  The guy can't win playoff games. He looked very ordinary against the Bills on Thanksgiving last year. Not an elite QB. Forget Mahomes money, he isn't worth Watson money.  He is solid QB. Nothing more.

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Was Dalton the main problem during the Cardinals game?    The Dallas O line is a mess now and Elliot didn't do so hot?  Dalton isn't great . But if supporting cast is good like it was during his Bengals playoff days,  he can game manage .