What really grinds my gears

Sharky7337

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's just his first year cap figure you are looking at.

They could cut him right after the season.......and get out of it with only $10M of cap space spent for the one season.

It's pretty much going to cost them $10M per year average.

Nope only 14.5 is guaranteed which you can compare how much Beanne paid out to various free agent signings.   I believe they would be stuck with 10.5 of dead money if they cut him after this season.  Cap number is still 4 million total this season which is peanuts

Edited by Niagara Dude

Oliver made a nasty tackle on a run play. And... that was it. I don't recall if it was in the 3rd or 4th quarter but yep, nothing else. Hughes was a non-factor too. I'm not saying Zimmer had a great game but it seems only he and Addison made some plays on that DLine.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Is how much money we spent on the DL and how little it has done, and we are stuck with most for multiple years.

Next year we need to focus on the trenches and  LB and it is looking pretty bad for us cap wise and we do not have enough picks to plug all the holes.

TE, DT/DE, OL, LB, CB, and maybe even safeties.

Let's hope maybe they begin to gel? 

I can deal with being beat but playing without heart and lousy half ***** tackling is pathetic.

so many needs.  I’d start with DL and LB, and OL.  

50 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Phillips signes for 10 million a year.  They were never going to resign him at that rate when they drafted Oliver that high.

some bad talent e v a l on Oliver.  He’s a bust. 

All these new DL - Addison, Butler, and Jefferson can be cut after this year as there are outs in their contracts. Basically all 1 year deals. We also have an out to dump Jerry after this year too. Trent is gone. Sans Star and Ed, we could be looking at an all new Dline next year. I’d bet they at least keep Jefferson. 

Unfortunately, we’re stuck with Klein for one more year after this before there’s an out. But, that’s not terrible because I think he’s still a solid special teams player and you could do worse for a backup LB. 

It starts at the front 4. These new guys are terrible. Oliver clearly needs Star. Addison might remain but Hughes, Murphy and Harry are 100% gone. Epenesa looks like he'll unfortunately take time. What to do with Milano & Edmunds? Another DB to replace Norman. Aside from a TE, our entire draft has to be defense. And our defensive FA's need to come from anywhere but Carolina. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

All these new DL - Addison, Butler, and Jefferson can be cut after this year as there are outs in their contracts. Basically all 1 year deals. We also have an out to dump Jerry after this year too. Trent is gone. Sans Star and Ed, we could be looking at an all new Dline next year. I’d bet they at least keep Jefferson. 

Unfortunately, we’re stuck with Klein for one more year after this before there’s an out. But, that’s not terrible because I think he’s still a solid special teams player and you could do worse for a backup LB. 

And Klein is the worst of the dumpster dives. Do not allow him on the field unless its ST.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Giving Klein a 2 out of 3 year guarantee was a head scratcher for me.  The price tag of 6 mil per year wasn't ideal, but the point that we can't get rid of him next year without a big dead cap hit was stupid.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

Giving Klein a 2 out of 3 year guarantee was a head scratcher for me.  The price tag of 6 mil per year wasn't ideal, but the point that we can't get rid of him next year without a big dead cap hit was stupid.  

Agreed, no idea why they paid him $6M/yr but it definitely shouldn’t have come with that much guaranteed.  Beaner has had a lot of head scratchers in FA and his drafting doesn’t look great either, not sure what the love fest is here for him or McClappy. The only saving grace might be Allen, who I have to give credit to, is the real deal, but he can’t do it all.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’m beginning to worry about Ed Oliver. He’s had little to no impact on the field. He’s supposed to be a penetrator getting pressure and I rarely see him making plays in the backfield.

He's trash. Period. Zero impact and a waste of a top 10 pick, and that's how it's always been.

7 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I wish the press guysbwould ask tough questions like - why are we paying so much for so little? Are they being coahced to improve? What things can we do?

Its like insee belicheck do so much with so little I wish we could borrow him lol

Paging Jerry Sullivan.  Jerry Sullivan, please report to the presser.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

At this point in the season, our draft class is highly suspect.

Epenesa, Moss, Bass and Fromm really have provided zero impact thus far. Davis is the only one who has contributed with some level of success. Gotta be bette4 than that.

You also need to consider that McD / Frazier are making the calls for defensive players. Beane is probably just making the moves McD is asking for. 

3rd Phillips, 1st Edmunds, 1st Oliver, 2nd Epenesa. 

**The Tennessee Titans are 5-0 and a 2020 playoff team. The KC Chiefs are 5-1 and a 2020 playoff team. The Bills lost to two really good teams and if they want to beat the Dolphins for the AFC East they had better get their :censored: together!  

Edited by Nihilarian

45 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

You also need to consider that McD / Frazier are making the calls for defensive players. Beane is probably just making the moves McD is asking for. 

3rd Phillips, 1st Edmunds, 1st Oliver, 2nd Epenesa. 

**The Tennessee Titans are 5-0 and a 2020 playoff team. The KC Chiefs are 5-1 and a 2020 playoff team. The Bills lost to two really good teams and if they want to beat the Dolphins for the AFC East they had better get their :censored: together!  

The bills are winning this division. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Just go see the dudes cap number which is 4 mll this season,  guaranteed money is only 14.5.  Beanne ids paying Klein 6 million this season 

I understand that. But the contract isn't for one season, so saying "we could have had Phillips for 4 million!" is 100% wrong. Yes, Phillips is getting 4 million this season, but that means literally nothing because the ONLY way to get that, is to pay him 16 million more over the next 2 seasons. The contract is 3 years, 30 million. It's not 1 year, 4 million. 

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1