What really grinds my gears

Sharky7337

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

I understand that. But the contract isn't for one season, so saying "we could have had Phillips for 4 million!" is 100% wrong. Yes, Phillips is getting 4 million this season, but that means literally nothing because the ONLY way to get that, is to pay him 16 million more over the next 2 seasons. The contract is 3 years, 30 million. It's not 1 year, 4 million. 

Always about the guaranteed money which is 14.5,  Beanne gave his replacement Butler : $7,800,000 guaranteed so about half.  I am more hopeful reviewing over the cap because Beanne can cut guys next season and have plenty of cash to rebuild this defense

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Just go see the dudes cap number which is 4 mll this season,  guaranteed money is only 14.5.  Beanne ids paying Klein 6 million this season 

Total guarantees is 18.5 mill. 

• $14.5M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + $4.5M of 2021 salary)
  • Additional $4M guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 ($8.5M injury guaranteed now)

stop looking at the cap hit in 2020.  At its least, the contract is 2 years 20 mill. 10+ mill dead cap if they cut him after this season.....which means they won’t be cutting him

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/jordan-phillips-16776/

• Like (+1) 1

Well, according to Spotrac, we have $3.3 mil. cap space in 2020, and our cap spend currently has $177,093,000 so they are saying we have  $1,428,000 next year.  If we hit the floor of $175 mil. which is likely, then we are over by $2,000, 093.  Having said that, there are a lot of salaries that can be shed in the 2021 off season.  

Now the good news, the following teams are significantly over the cap for 2021 so they are going to be looking for draft picks yet we want to keep as many as possible too.  

New Orleans

Philly

Atlanta

Rams

Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

All are anywhere from -$13 mil. for the Texans up to -$81 mil. for the Saints.  These are teams you want to see who they purge to jump on and make offers, to potential trades if we feel it is a Diggs type trade (not in # of picks, but you know he’s plug and play as he that good).  There is a lot of talent on those teams, and I’ll dig in after the year ends to see what talent is on their last year etc. 

I still wonder since the Eagles season is almost over if something could be done for Ertz.  I know we only have $3.3 mil., but as Kirwan says on NFLR or Ross Tucker, they can always find $ if need be.  Last night was poor execution on the defense, but a good plan, but the offense needed to be better.  If we had a great pass catching TE, that could help underneath.  Look at Kelce.  He’s 31 and crushing it.

Id love to have that TE like a Kittle.

As far as this week, I say sit White, Edmunds, Milano, and Brown as there is no way we are losing to the Jests.  The Pats is the game we need all of these guys.  Think about that the Jests did not get a 1st down until almost the end of the 4th Quarter against the Fins.  I’m not saying inactive, just have them sit and only be there for an emergency.  Otherwise they get two weeks to get right, and maybe Edmunds needs this week to get his pec right as well as Milano, Brown’s leg, White’s back.  

We have to have all these guys right for the Cheats and then Seattle the next week.