People need to check themselves

Watkins90

Go ask Bengals fans what they thought about Marvin Lewis 

McD was a great coach to get us over that hump but he will never take us deep into the playoffs or win a SB. He just isn't at that level. years of mediocrity have blinded bills fans into believing he is a top tier HC. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

With the schedule as it was I would have been thrilled with 4-2 in the beginning of the season.     It is way too early to panic but something does need to be done about the front seven.   It is possible to still support the team and see them as a playoff contender and at the same time still be worried about a potential glaring hole that could damage the season if not addressed.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

Nope people don't need to 'check themself'

Its a game, people are fans. Fans can comment however they want.  If there is a set of rules for how people react emotionally being a fan, that defeats the whole purpose of it.

So basically, we should only say positive things on this forum or nothing at all until after the Patriots game?  

You said this team has gotten to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years....the other side of that is this team STILL has not won a single playoff game, getting there 2 of the last 3 years is no big deal.

That said...the team is still leading the division and they CAN get better.  I personally do not think this is a bad team...but to tell people how to react after the last 2 games....not a good look.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Nope people don't need to 'check themself'

Its a game, people are fans. Fans can comment however they want.  If there is a set of rules for how people react emotionally being a fan, that defeats the whole purpose of it.

So basically, we should only say positive things on this forum or nothing at all until after the Patriots game?  

You said this team has gotten to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years....the other side of that is this team STILL has not won a single playoff game, getting there 2 of the last 3 years is no big deal.

That said...the team is still leading the division and they CAN get better.  I personally do not think this is a bad team...but to tell people how to react after the last 2 games....not a good look.

It's one thing to say something negative. It's another thing for every other post be fire this guy or that guy, or cut this guy and that guy. 

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4-2 and still tops in the AFCE. However keep playing uninspired and unprepared football and that division lead will quickly go away. 

and you don’t win the Division McD eyes turn to you. 

Next 2 games are huge for us and the Division. if we get to the midway point at 6-2 I'm very content. 

10 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

No i seriously want Frazier gone and McDermott to call the defense for the rest of the season then get a more aggressive minded dc and never have to hear bend but dont break again

Its the players not having heart and playing poorly more then anything. Firing Frazier won't solve that.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I guess that's fair got to give people a few days to B word and moan and for the all-22 to come out and show it's nowhere near as bad as they think.

Yes of course.  The all 22 will show us that we were all just having a bad dream and the mess we clearly saw happening was actually just fine--not bad at all in fact.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

Next 2 games are huge for us and the Division. if we get to the midway point at 6-2 I'm very content. 

Completely agree. I want this defense to actually step up for a game and Blank the Jets. If MIA can you should (you are more talented they say). 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

McDermott probably has as much rope as any coach in the league not named Bill Belicheck or Andy Reid.  His job is 100% secure, but the fanbase is going to eat his face if we choke against the Jets (which they absolutely should not).

As much as Pete Carroll?

Mike Tomlin?

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I can't believe the negativity after having been a season ticket holder for the decade of fail 

We are in the post season mix and kept the Champions under 30

Stop whining already 

I understand who we lost to the past two weeks. Losing is one thing, two total beat downs is inexcusable. Our defense is nothing short of pathetic.  

I'm not that upset. I didn't think the Bills would beat KC so I was just hoping the team didn't get blown out and they show they could put up a fight. 

I wasn't thinking world beaters because of the hot start because the defense kept everyone we played in the games when it could of been domination. 

I'm leaning twords this not being the year the team makes it to the big show for sure. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

With the schedule as it was I would have been thrilled with 4-2 in the beginning of the season.     It is way too early to panic but something does need to be done about the front seven.   It is possible to still support the team and see them as a playoff contender and at the same time still be worried about a potential glaring hole that could damage the season if not addressed.

Another rational post.  Thank you.  We just lost to the SB champs by only 9 points playing absolutely horrendous football.  We are not an elite team yet but I'm not ready to can anybody.  The way some folks are talking, I'd be hard pressed to convince anyone this is a Bills fan forum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yes, yes it ain't over yet, but 2 losses like this?  How does it NOT bring back not too distant memories?

Exactly.  I've been a Bills fan for too long to NOT get a bit nervous about what I'm seeing.

Even the Rams win.  That was mostly Josh heroics after surrendering a 25 point 2nd half lead.