Jake Fromm explains life as Emergency Covid QB

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

That’s the thing I don’t understand.  He was supposed to have the intangibles.  Intelligent, football savvy, etc.  Love Beane but would rather have taken someone else like the punter the Jets drafted. 

Football IQ does NOT equal intelligence. He knows how to read defenses, he knows the good decisions to make on the field. That's it. Has no impact on his general intelligence, following science, etc.

16 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

That’s the thing I don’t understand.  He was supposed to have the intangibles.  Intelligent, football savvy, etc.  Love Beane but would rather have taken someone else like the punter the Jets drafted. 

If we only drafted as well as the Jets, truly a well managed franchise, top to bottom

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Low draft status and by all reports very poor performance in training camp 

I agree, it would not be difficult to upgrade beyond Barkley too.  That said if Allen goes down for an extended period of time it's hopeless.

With the Bills up against the cap next year, I can't see them signing a guy who will be any better.  And the year in the system will give him a leg up.  I also don't see them drafting someone.

17 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

You haven't even witnessed Fromm play at an NFL level and you come up with the genius statement you rather Beane have taken a punter?

Obviously you are the man for the job and they should fire Beane now.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Aaron Rogers and Carson Wentz have entered the chat

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Enjoy it. Little chance he is on the roster next year

I actually think Fromm will be a good "career backup" type of QB.  By all accounts, he is good at reading Defenses, breaking down film, etc. He has the skills to be a game manager type QB who can hold the clip board, and hold down the fort if he is needed for a few weeks during a season.  

I keep in mind every morning while waiting for the reports on test results that Fromm could be the guy if the virus somehow got into our team. Makes me even happier when I hear no news on the Bills.

He keeps saying how tough it is.  And I bet it can feel  that way - being alienated from the rest of the team the way he is.

But I also think a little perspective is in order.  Having a loved one die due to COVID is tough.  Being a small restaurant/business owner and losing everything you've built because of COVID is tough.   Being out of work because of COVID is tough.  Working 12/14 hour shifts in a dangerous environment because of COVID is tough.    

Being a COVID quarterback - where your main responsibility is to not get sick - on a $3.7 million contract isn't really tough.  

I think Jake needs to count his blessings.  

Edited by hondo in seattle