Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, wjag said:
Thought it would be interesting to look at the Titans V World stats.  They have played remarkably even-steven with their opponents so far.  The field goals jump right out (we all know they are winning that way at the moment).  

TITANS TEAM STATISTICS

Titans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    OPPONENTS

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS
  • 23-42-7
    FIRST DOWNS Rushing-Passing-By Penalty
    25-43-3
  • 17 / 40
    THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS
    17 / 33
  • 2 / 2
    FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS
    1 / 3
    TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS
  • 210-5.6
    OFFENSE Plays -Average Yards
    195-6.5
    TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
  • 102-3.8
    RUSHING Plays Average Yards
    86-5.8
    TOTAL PASSING YARDS
  • 70-104-1-7.8
    PASSING  -CompAtt--IntAvg
    68-105-4-7.7
    SACKS
  • 9 / 12
    FIELD GOALS
    2 / 3
    TOUCHDOWNS
  • 2-6-0-0
    TOUCHDOWNS Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive
    3--7-0-0
  • 30:16
    AVERAGE TIME OF POSSESSION
    29:43
  • +5
    TURNOVER RATIO

And they played some of the worst teams in the NFL while doing that.

24 minutes ago, wjag said:
Thought it would be interesting to look at the Titans V World stats.  They have played remarkably even-steven with their opponents so far.  The field goals jump right out (we all know they are winning that way at the moment).  

TITANS TEAM STATISTICS

Titans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    OPPONENTS

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS
  • 23-42-7
    FIRST DOWNS Rushing-Passing-By Penalty
    25-43-3
  • 17 / 40
    THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS
    17 / 33
  • 2 / 2
    FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS
    1 / 3
    TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS
  • 210-5.6
    OFFENSE Plays -Average Yards
    195-6.5
    TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
  • 102-3.8
    RUSHING Plays Average Yards
    86-5.8
    TOTAL PASSING YARDS
  • 70-104-1-7.8
    PASSING  -CompAtt--IntAvg
    68-105-4-7.7
    SACKS
  • 9 / 12
    FIELD GOALS
    2 / 3
    TOUCHDOWNS
  • 2-6-0-0
    TOUCHDOWNS Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive
    3--7-0-0
  • 30:16
    AVERAGE TIME OF POSSESSION
    29:43
  • +5
    TURNOVER RATIO

Thanks for posting this man, really interesting. What jumped out to me is that the Titans have *2 fewer TDs* than their opponents so far this season, they have won these games because of that +5 turnover differential and a lot of penalties by their opponents (more on this below).

These stats all fit the story on them so far. The Titans are a 3-0 team who have beaten three bad teams (the Broncos/Jags/Vikings are each 1-3 so far) and their three wins are by a COMBINED 6 points.

The Bills look like the best team the Titans will have faced by a mile and some regression to the mean is coming for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

Now will those infected players be able to play on Sunday? Will it be gone by then or are we in the clear as to them not playing?

Edited by TBBills

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like if they don’t have great respect for the passing game of the opponent they can do that. Frazier said the game plan vs LV was to stop Jacobs and if they allowed completions In the passing game so be it. Boom, 48 yards total for Jacobs. We will see if they employ a similar mentality this week. I think LV has a better passing offense and OL than the titans but AJ brown is expected back. 

I think this also reflects the confidence in the Bills offense producing enough points to win the game even if the opponent hits on a couple of pass plays.  The D can take chances against the pass in a game where shutting down the run is the key against stopping an opponents offense. 

Last year the Bills likley would have only scored 16 - 20 points in this game.  This year they go in pretty confident of the O scoring close to 30 every time they take the field.

• Like (+1) 2

Didn’t McDermott always make Tannehill look silly in Miami? 
I expect the D will be tested with the run.

If the Titans think this is the same Josh and offense they saw last year they are in for a rude awakening. 
I really do think the Bills will crush Tenn. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you know as soon as your born in South Korea, your are one years old?  They don't have 2 months old, 5 months old blah blah blah....you are immediately 12 months once that head pops out.  

Also for those born decades ago (40 or more years) the S. Koreans have two birthdays.  The infant mortality rate was very high so they wouldn't register the birth until the child had grown up a bit.  then the parents had to make a long trek to the register's office, often by, horse and cart or other questionable travel means,  where the kid would get an official date. but the parents also had an approximate date of the actual birth that would follow that person also.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Now will those infected players be able to play on Sunday? Will it be gone by then or are we in the clear as to them not playing?

According to Sal, if they have two negative tests two days in a row after a certain amount of days post infection (7 I think he said?) they are cleared.

Will any be cleared by Sunday? Doubt it.

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Also for those born decades ago (40 or more years) the S. Koreans have two birthdays.  The infant mortality rate was very high so they wouldn't register the birth until the child had grown up a bit.  then the parents had to make a long trek to the register's office, often by, horse and cart or other questionable travel means,  where the kid would get an official date. but the parents also had an approximate date of the actual birth that would follow that person also.

My ex GF was Korean and had the 2 Bday thing.  It always confused me, LOL.

It sees to me that a huge difference as to when a player can return after testing positive for Covid is whether a player shows "symptoms" or not.

One thing I have not heard is WHO judges that.  The players are home quarantined.  The player?  Team doctor?  Not much details on this.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting here is there unofficial depth Chart for the game.

It sounds like Tenn did a really poor job following protocols just based off what I have read and heard. They deserve to have heavy fines out on them as an organization and individuals. It should happen sooner than later to, this will send a clear message to everyone in the league. 

48 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

gotta stop henry. that offense runs through him.  

Bills are the #8 Rush defense in the league right now... Hopefully we can. 

I do think that's a bit deceptive, as we've been pressuring teams with our dynamic offense (someone pinch me) and our pass defense has been bad so teams haven't been forced to run against us. Hopefully we will be able to keep him in check. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It sees to me that a huge difference as to when a player can return after testing positive for Covid is whether a player shows "symptoms" or not.

One thing I have not heard is WHO judges that.  The players are home quarantined.  The player?  Team doctor?  Not much details on this.

Plenty of details on the process in multiple threads. Team doctor makes the final call following that process. I can't type it all on my phone though. 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting here is there unofficial depth Chart for the game.

The epic debacle that shall not be named, from January 2000, makes it impossible for me to give a shred of sympathy to TEN. I wish them all a full and speedy recovery and hope we win by 50.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4