Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It’s not about Prep , it’s about health.

If we get our banged up guys rested and ready and pullout a win because of the extra time off it would have serious playoff ramifications. 
    This game is the biggest game in AFC seeding regards, followed by Pittsburgh IMO.

This would be a huge blessing for us. 
    I would Not be surprised if we didn’t get more weeks off as the season progresses. Covid numbers are going in the wrong direction as people are starting to spend more time inside . This will effect the league unless they bubble the teams.

Banged up or not, do you think it’s really gonna make a difference with KC? 
We’re pretty healthy compared to a lot of teams. I’d rather keep the bye later on. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Banged up or not, do you think it’s really gonna make a difference with KC? 
We’re pretty healthy compared to a lot of teams. I’d rather keep the bye later on. 

The question is which you value more: Head to Head advantage over KC or later bye.

I take win over KC . 
    I understand your point has serious merit but I feel the win would be more important.

Either way, what a crazy season.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The question is which you value more: Head to Head advantage over KC or later bye.

I take win over KC . 
    I understand your point has serious merit but I feel the win would be more important.

Either way, what a crazy season.

We can shoot out with them as is. I think. 
Id rather have the bye later to hopefully rest up closer to the playoffs and after we go through the insane gauntlet of games we have coming up. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be surprised if they did all of that for 1 team out of 32

The 1 team has already changed 3 teams schedule (theirs, Pitts, and balt) with the potential to get 2 more teams plus if they can't play next week

Stopping the league for a week and reset a schedule with a league wide bye every 4 or 5 weeks will allow for things like teams needing to make up games easier in my opinion

8 hours ago, sullim4 said:

In terms of creative scheduling, I could see them moving BUF/TEN to Monday or Tuesday night, and then swapping the KC/BUF Thursday night game with one of the Sunday games.  FOX has the doubleheader that weekend, with a single game (GB/TB) in the late slot.  TB plays on Thursday this coming week, so playing again on Thursday isn't a big deal.  Green Bay has a bye week next week.

The Chiefs already have 3 games in 10 days, so there is an argument to punting the Thursday game off to Sunday for competitive reasons.  It also allows FOX to feature Mahomes in the late slot on Sunday which will be a ratings grab.

Sully, creative idea, and  add to it, they should consider flipping the game to OP unless the NFL can certify it’s safe for our players that facility is safe to go into their locker room, and play the game.  Tre has sound points he is voicing his concerns for playing there and with that team.  I’m not saying it’s the Titans fault, but it happened and probably will happen again this year.  I wouldn’t doubt seeing more of this happening as we get into November and December.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'm not liking the Titans problem here.  

The Bills BYE week is IIRC  Week 11.   The Sunday before Thanksgiving.  If they choose to move the game this is what may change.

let them forfeit the game. 

I am Slim Shady and I approve of this message

This isn't pee-wee football. Nobody is foreiting a game.

• Like (+1) 1

About the worst thing that could happen to the NFL season is have the Titans infect a second team.  

At this point, with the incubation period as it is, there's really no way the Bills could play on Sunday.  It's too risky.  

The league has to start talking about can eling games.  Do the Titans forfeit ? Or do they and their opponents play less games??

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

About the worst thing that could happen to the NFL season is have the Titans infect a second team.  

At this point, with the incubation period as it is, there's really no way the Bills could play on Sunday.  It's too risky.  

The league has to start talking about can eling games.  Do the Titans forfeit ? Or do they and their opponents play less games??

They will play if tomorrow’s testing clear. The incubation period is over. The Facility has been closed and team has been isolated from each other for 7 days. Those who were positive won’t play.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am little confused. Why he says "another day" with no new positives? Isn't today the first day without any positives?

On a related note, if it goes well, and the game is on on Sunday, is there any chance for guys tested positive last week to play? IIRC the list includes Simmons, Fulton, Humphries and couple more starters, which seems impactful if they can't play.

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am little confused. Why he says "another day" with no new positives? Isn't today the first day without any positives?

On a related note, if it goes well, and the game is on on Sunday, is there any chance for guys tested positive last week to play? IIRC the list includes Simmons, Fulton, Humphries and couple more starters, which seems impactful if they can't play.

Yes. With another day (tomorrow) they can re-enter the facility on Wednesday 

• Like (+1) 1