Would like to thank the Cleveland Browns for this Bills team

It was reported a bunch of places prior to their first pick in 2018 the Browns brass had a really long discussion about whether to take Baker Mayfield or Josh Alllen...at this point it’s safe to say this kid is the best qb since Jim Kelly and well Baker isn’t exactly Brian Sipe out there so Thanks guys 👍

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It was reported a bunch of places prior to their first pick in 2018 the Browns brass had a really long discussion about whether to take Baker Mayfield or Josh Alllen...at this point it’s safe to say this kid is the best qb since Jim Kelly and well Baker isn’t exactly Brian Sipe out there so Thanks guys 👍

I've always been curious to know if this was a legit report or your basic pre-draft nonsense

Let’s not forget them choosing Denzel Ward instead of Chubb made us not pay extra to trade up with Denver. So they helped us by taking the wrong QB and helped us by reaching for a CB. That reach made Denver stay at 5 and select Chubb, thus allowing the Bills to move up without using multiple firsts. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

I have been waiting for this day when everybody else figured out they picked the wrong quarterback and for once Buffalo picked the right one. This is a glorious day my friends enjoy 

Now Josh should get his big-time National commercials

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Let’s not forget them choosing Denzel Ward instead of Chubb made us not pay extra to trade up with Denver. So they helped us by taking the wrong QB and helped us by reaching for a CB. That reach made Denver stay at 5 and select Chubb, thus allowing the Bills to move up without using multiple firsts. 

It's definitely beneficial for us, but Ward is an emerging star and they definitely 'hit' on the pick

With them already having a stud DE in Myles Garrett, they'd either have to let Chubb walk or invest a little too much money for one position group

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They also decided not to wait to hire McDermott a year earlier because Carolina went to the Superbowl.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So they helped us get Josh and Edmunds.

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

It's definitely beneficial for us, but Ward is an emerging star and they definitely 'hit' on the pick

With them already having a stud DE in Myles Garrett, they'd either have to let Chubb walk or invest a little too much money for one position group

Is he? I am sorry I don't see emerging star when I watch Denzel Ward. I see a guy who is a solid corner but who isn't a playmaker back there. Don't think at this stage he is close to proven as worthy of the #4 pick especially when Nelson and Chubb went right after him.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Is he? I am sorry I don't see emerging star when I watch Denzel Ward. I see a guy who is a solid corner but who isn't a playmaker back there. Don't think at this stage he is close to proven as worthy of the #4 pick especially when Nelson and Chubb went right after him.

A close friend of mine is a Browns fan and speaks glowingly of him - and as for a tangible response of sorts, I'm fairly certain his allowed completion percentage is among the lowest in the league. I can't say much else for certain since I don't watch their games regularly play by play, but at the very worst, he's a quality player - and I can agree he's not as good as some of the later guys that you had mentioned

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

A close friend of mine is a Browns fan and speaks glowingly of him - and as for a tangible response of sorts, I'm fairly certain his allowed completion percentage is among the lowest in the league. I can't say much else for certain since I don't watch their games regularly play by play, but at the very worst, he's a quality player - and I can agree he's not as good as some of the later guys that you had mentioned

I actually think he could be elite.... if he played in the slot. But as an outside corner I think he is good. He isn't by any means a bust. But I don't think he is going to be elite on the outside.

• Like (+1) 1