Would like to thank the Cleveland Browns for this Bills team

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I've always been curious to know if this was a legit report or your basic pre-draft nonsense

I have spoken to a scout who was in the room when Polian was  GM of Indy and took Manning. Polian swears it was never a question, they were taking Manning over Leaf. That’s not at all what this scout told me. The room was divided big time right up till the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I have spoken to a scout who was in the room when Polian was  GM of Indy and took Manning. Polian swears it was never a question, they were taking Manning over Leaf. That’s not at all what this scout told me. The room was divided big time right up till the draft. 

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually think he could be elite.... if he played in the slot. But as an outside corner I think he is good. He isn't by any means a bust. But I don't think he is going to be elite on the outside.

Ward just held AJ Green to 29 yards on 13 targets. His only concern at this point is injuries. Outside of that, he's elite.

Edited by cle23

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Cool! But we're not talking about that, go name drop on the colts message board

8 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Cool! But we're not talking about that, go name drop on the colts message board

Didn’t name drop. And it was relevant to the post saying that the Browns front office was debating between Allen and Mayfield. Jeesh. Sorry for sharing a story. 

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

What are you talking about?

It was relevant to the poster talking about Cleveland having debates over Allen and Mayfield. I was saying this goes on a lot. Really sorry for sharing a story. Jeesh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Didn’t name drop. And it was relevant to the post saying that the Browns front office was debating between Allen and Mayfield. Jeesh. Sorry for sharing a story. 

It was relevant to the poster talking about Cleveland having debates over Allen and Mayfield. I was saying this goes on a lot. Really sorry for sharing a story. Jeesh. 

I re read my comment, sorry man, I did not realize how big of a d*** I came off as. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I've always been curious to know if this was a legit report or your basic pre-draft nonsense

I have a friend who's a lifelong Browns fan.  He told me that the only player they were completely sold on and knew they were drafting was Denzel Ward with their pick at number 4.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It was reported a bunch of places prior to their first pick in 2018 the Browns brass had a really long discussion about whether to take Baker Mayfield or Josh Alllen...at this point it’s safe to say this kid is the best qb since Jim Kelly and well Baker isn’t exactly Brian Sipe out there so Thanks guys 👍

Allen was too raw and had accuracy issues for the Browns with the first pick.The credit should go to Beane for seeing the trajectory of this physical freak who had big time leadership skills. Trading up saved our franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1