Trump’s Post Presidency—What Will He Do?

Tiberius

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And yet he still has almost twice as many mentions as the Koch’s. 

Does that ever strike you as strange? All of the focus on this one guy?

No.

Everyone knows about the Koch's too.

Soros does twice as much, he is mentioned proportionately.

Nice try at making it "mysterious" though.

:lol:

Soros-Funded DA Alvin Bragg May Have Hidden Exculpatory Evidence in Trump Case

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/03/22/soros-funded-da-alvin-bragg-may-have-hidden-exculpatory-evidence-in-trump-case-n1680419

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Harvard Law Professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz added his perspective on the charges being brought by the Manhattan D.A.

"You know, in my new book, "Get Trump," I go through all of those four allegations and I say, there's plenty of smoke, but there's no fire," Dershowitz argued. "And if there were a fire, it would be set by arsonists."

"There is no crime committed in any of the four allegations, and I prove that categorically in my book "Get Trump," he added. "Where did I get the name? Get Trump. I got that from Letitia James' campaign slogan. Her campaign promise was, 'I promise you I will get Trump'."

"And I want to add something new that hasn't been said before," he continued. "I think that Bob Costello has changed this case dramatically. I think that Bragg note now only has two possible results from that. Number one, he can say, alright, 'I'm going to try to make the case without Cohen.' He cannot use Cohen as a witness anymore."

"That would be unethical because of the testimony that Costello gave," he went on. "Or he could say, 'Look, I have to drop the case.' He may not be able to make it without Cohen. But if he can't make it without Cohen, he can't make it, because no ethical prosecutor is allowed to put on as a witness, somebody who has told the lies and has contradicted himself so much."

"So I think that Bob Costello — it's a game changer," he added. "I think maybe that's a reason for the delay here. I think ethical experts are now telling Bragg, wait a minute, you cannot use Cohen. So if you can make it through *****, if you can make it through some of the other people, okay, go ahead. But if you can't make it without Cohen, you cannot bring this charge."

https://thekylebecker.substack.com/p/manhattan-da-accused-of-hiding-hundreds?r=1o2ns&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

Report: 'Major dissension' within Bragg's office as grand jury is told to stay home for the day

By the end of last week it seemed pretty clear that DA Alvin Bragg intended to indict and arrest former President Trump. There were reports that officials in New York were making plans for possible protests. And then Saturday morning Trump himself predicted that he would be arrested on Tuesday and called for people to protest in the streets. Obviously that didn’t happen. 

Today, the grand jury, which usually meets on Wednesdays, was told to stay home for reasons that aren’t clear.

There’s some speculation that the shift has to do with testimony the grand jury heard Monday from Robert Costello who accused Bragg’s star witness, Michael Cohen, of being a liar.

Were Bragg’s plans suddenly shifted because of Costello’s testimony or is something else going on? Fox News is reporting there is ‘dissension’ taking place inside the DA’s office.

Two sources familiar told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that the grand jury was canceled amid “major dissension” within the district attorney’s office. One source claimed the district attorney is having trouble convincing the grand jury on potential charges due to the “weakness” of the case.

Despite rumors of a potential imminent indictment, sources familiar told Fox News Digital that Trump has not been formally notified about whether Bragg actually plans to bring charges against him.

Sources told Fox News, though, that there remains a real chance that Bragg does not choose to indict the former president.

Maybe the issue isn’t Costello per se but the case itself which even the NY Times has repeatedly suggested is based on a relatively untested legal theory. The NY Times published a lengthy story about that today. 

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/03/22/report-major-dissension-within-braggs-office-as-grand-jury-is-told-to-stay-home-for-the-day-n538702

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Report: 'Major dissension' within Bragg's office as grand jury is told to stay home for the day

By the end of last week it seemed pretty clear that DA Alvin Bragg intended to indict and arrest former President Trump. There were reports that officials in New York were making plans for possible protests. And then Saturday morning Trump himself predicted that he would be arrested on Tuesday and called for people to protest in the streets. Obviously that didn’t happen. 

Today, the grand jury, which usually meets on Wednesdays, was told to stay home for reasons that aren’t clear.

There’s some speculation that the shift has to do with testimony the grand jury heard Monday from Robert Costello who accused Bragg’s star witness, Michael Cohen, of being a liar.

Were Bragg’s plans suddenly shifted because of Costello’s testimony or is something else going on? Fox News is reporting there is ‘dissension’ taking place inside the DA’s office.

Two sources familiar told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that the grand jury was canceled amid “major dissension” within the district attorney’s office. One source claimed the district attorney is having trouble convincing the grand jury on potential charges due to the “weakness” of the case.

Despite rumors of a potential imminent indictment, sources familiar told Fox News Digital that Trump has not been formally notified about whether Bragg actually plans to bring charges against him.

Sources told Fox News, though, that there remains a real chance that Bragg does not choose to indict the former president.

Maybe the issue isn’t Costello per se but the case itself which even the NY Times has repeatedly suggested is based on a relatively untested legal theory. The NY Times published a lengthy story about that today. 

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/03/22/report-major-dissension-within-braggs-office-as-grand-jury-is-told-to-stay-home-for-the-day-n538702

at this point its becoming obvious the goal is an indictment. no matter how weak. They don't care if its lost. they just want the spectacle and PR of it. then their fans can blame some "other" for why trump got off again. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

at this point its becoming obvious the goal is an indictment. no matter how weak. They don't care if its lost. they just want the spectacle and PR of it. then their fans can blame some "other" for why trump got off again. 

Except that Trump wants to be handcuffed and perp-walked, for political/fundraising purposes.  Now they're starting to think twice about indicting him.  Clown show. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 2

RON HART: Soros-Funded Manhattan District Attorney Predictably Weaponizes His Office Against Trump.

All the excitement of the media every time they report on a purported indictment of Trump gets pulled away from them like Lucy did with a football to Charlie Brown.

In the last seven years, media reports of rumored charges against Trump have come and gone more often than the McRib. 

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/22/hart-soros-funded-manhattan-district-attorney-predictably-weaponizes-his-office-against-trump/

345511_image.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

If he didn't commit crimes, none of this would have happened.

• Eyeroll 1

Interesting interview with Michael Moore, former US attorney on CNN just now.  "I hope the delay in NY is meant to allow the special council (DC) to move first....I would suggest that Jack Smith's may be the horse to run with 1st."  paraphrasing but pretty close.

Edited by redtail hawk

12 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

If he didn't commit crimes, none of this would have happened.

Generally, I find all this to be entertaining.  Its like some animated cartoon series.  Maybe like the Coyote always pursuing but never catching the Roadrunner.  In this case Trump being the Roadrunner and the Coyote being all the TDS sufferers.  But what baffles me most is a complete lack of explanation from any of Trump's celebrity media detractors as to why, given his numerous encounters with breaking the law, has nobody been able to nail this guy on anything?  Could it be their propensity to make up stories while proving them is another thing?  Or something else?  In this case resorting to a completely desperate and flimsy charge.  Taking a Federal misdemeanor offense the Feds won't pursue and molding and crafting that charge into some State level felony charge.  It sounds preposterous.  My guess is it is preposterous. 

Either Trump's a criminal mastermind always 3 or 4 steps ahead the criminal justice system or the people pursuing charges are mind blowing simpletons incapable of acquiring a conviction.  If this was Imperial Japan and these DA and prosecutors failed so many times they'd be compelled to commit ritual suicide for their failings.  But no such system of honor and virtue exists here today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Generally, I find all this to be entertaining.  Its like some animated cartoon series.  Maybe like the Coyote always pursuing but never catching the Roadrunner.  In this case Trump being the Roadrunner and the Coyote being all the TDS sufferers.  But what baffles me most is a complete lack of explanation from any of Trump's celebrity media detractors as to why, given his numerous encounters with breaking the law, has nobody been able to nail this guy on anything?  Could it be their propensity to make up stories while proving them is another thing?  Or something else?  In this case resorting to a completely desperate and flimsy charge.  Taking a Federal misdemeanor offense the Feds won't pursue and molding and crafting that charge into some State level felony charge.  It sounds preposterous.  My guess is it is preposterous. 

Either Trump's a criminal mastermind always 3 or 4 steps ahead the criminal justice system or the people pursuing charges are mind blowing simpletons incapable of acquiring a conviction.  If this was Imperial Japan and these DA and prosecutors failed so many times they'd be compelled to commit ritual suicide for their failings.  But no such system of honor and virtue exists here today. 

Yeah, not thinking Hari Kari is a noble act.  But sure, I wish they got him a long time ago.  As I said before, he's lost multiple civil cases.  Remember Trump University?  Al Capone evaded prison for years.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

In America we find crimes and investigate and charge those responsible, or at least that's how it used to work.

Endlessly investigating a single person for years on end in search of crimes is banana republic police state crap. But sure, keep hiding behind your supposed love of the constitution commies.

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

He's a criminal mastermind.  He's not a protected pol like Joke or his family.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Interesting interview with Michael Moore, former US attorney on CNN just now.  "I hope the delay in NY is meant to allow the special council (DC) to move first....I would suggest that Jack Smith's may be the horse to run with 1st."  paraphrasing but pretty close.

CNN? You really have to be kidding me…right? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Would it matter if this expert said it on Fox instead?

Some surprising thoughts from some of trump's NYC foes

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/many-top-nyc-attorneys-loathe-133655043.html

Keep citing your sources Hawk! Your wet dream on arresting a former President has bound to come true one day. My point of course is that CNN has been utterly wrong on just about everything Trump for years. If you haven’t noticed that I don’t even know where to start. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Keep citing your sources Hawk! Your wet dream on arresting a former President has bound to come true one day. My point of course is that CNN has been utterly wrong on just about everything Trump for years. If you haven’t noticed that I don’t even know where to start. 

Fool me a thousand times…

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

remember when journalist broke the news, didn't create it.  or create strawmen

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fool me a thousand times…

The most interesting interview I saw on this subject was with one the lead lawyers at the Federal Election Commission. He says that what Bragg is trying to claim is NOT what this law is intended to prevent. The law is there so that candidates don’t use campaign funds to buy themselves a boat as a campaign expense. 

59 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yeah, not thinking Hari Kari is a noble act.  But sure, I wish they got him a long time ago.  As I said before, he's lost multiple civil cases.  Remember Trump University?  Al Capone evaded prison for years.

Something about Due process in civil vs criminal.

on a side note.  All Capone and a few others hid out at the old Dudley in Salamanca, quite often to boot. would rent out the top floor and partied in the lounge.  some interesting stories..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-ratchets-up-violent-rhetoric-warning-of-death-and-destruction-over-charges/

"What kind of person can charge another person, in this case a former President of the United States, who got more votes than any sitting President in history, and leading candidate (by far!) for the Republican Party nomination, with a Crime, when it is known by all that NO Crime has been committed, & also known that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our Country? Why & who would do such a thing? Only a degenerate psychopath that truely hates the USA!"

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

😆

Everything must be Trump's fault — even the Manhattan D.A.'s botching of a hare-brained indictment.

I'm trying to read "Trolled by Trump, Again/Thoughts after a week of waiting and waiting for the indictment that the former President promised" by Susan B. Glasser (in The New Yorker).

You’d think that we would know better by now, but here we are, being trolled again by Donald Trump. Whatever else the disgraced, defeated, and possibly soon-to-be-indicted former President is, he is a master when it comes to setting the terms of a media frenzy. Trump knows not only how to get our collective attention but also how to keep it. He flourishes in the absence of hard information to contradict his claims, and he has years of experience using the silence of the legal authorities to focus the debate on their actions rather than his own.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-bidens-washington/trolled-by-trump-again

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2023/03/everything-must-be-trumps-fault-even.html

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/19/2023 at 2:10 PM, JDHillFan said:

The civil war you are concerning yourself with will look very much like the recent NAZI DAY OF HATE and the republican push to ban contraceptives (please don’t suggest that abortifacients are contraceptives again).

I’m not suggesting you not stay concerned about it. The opposite. Be VERY concerned. Even though it will seem like another complete non-story, don’t be fooled. 

read Trumper’s last quote? 

“that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our Country?”. 

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

trump can go F himself. Calling for "death and destruction" if he is arrested.... for breaking the law.

the audacity of this POS traitor

Please tell me you don’t represent the quality of students or grads coming out of the SUNY system. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

read Trumper’s last quote? 

“that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our Country?”. 

You are a gun-toter. Be vigilant. I ask that you stop clutching the pearls so vigorously and use two hands on your weapon. Meanwhile I will go about my business as absolutely NOTHING comes of it. Much like the NAZI day of hate and the republican contraception ban that has gathered so much steam. 

I have a gun too just in case. 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Thank goodness, he does and of those coming out of most universities.  And most of them are progressives.  The MAGA's are aging out every year.

It's all good.  It's a cycle.  Them kids gonna grow up and learn life experiences. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

You are a gun-toter. Be vigilant. I ask that you stop clutching the pearls so vigorously and use two hands on your weapon. Meanwhile I will go about my business as absolutely NOTHING comes of it. Much like the NAZI day of hate and the republican contraception ban that has gathered so much steam. 

I have a gun too just in case. 

I didn't think you had the ability to respond in an intelligent manner.  Now go freak out over drag shows. 

• Haha (+1) 1