Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, Beach said:

sorry, im not into this anti-cop stuff.  my friend, a cop, chased an armed robber.  he chose not to shoot him.  the robber shot him above his vest and it hit his clavicle and ricocheted into his heart and he died.  he had a quick decision to make and it cost him his life.  he is never coming back, his daughter is growing up without a father.  bad cops should be taken off the force but the majority arent bad at all.  they have a tough job and have to make decisions quickly.  

Sorry to hear that I know his life mattered at least to his family and friends 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m just saying not all cops are bad and that there’s cops risking their lives every day to save/help people , 

For the life of me, I can't see how people take the POV that protesters are criticizing "all cops."   

Do people lump all Bills fans into the same pot as the one hundred or so that get arrested after each home game?    Or make a broad brush statement that all drinkers are the same as a guy with multiple DUIs?    

The 'Defund the Police' tag line does a huge disservice to reform.   Most all people want the police to protect and serve.  That's a no-brainer.    What the rally cry should have been is "Demilaterize the Police," which is the biggest shift in policing in the past 20 years...and scenes of which pepper that Bills video.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

or we could look at what happened 19 years ago, and ask why many Americans don't think those cops would run into a burning building for them . . .

They would, and they do. It’s just not covered with the same amount of veracity as 5 seconds of grainy video with no context.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

It’s the decision making that is the crux of the problem. Something needs to change to better prepare police for assessing situations. You mentioned an armed suspect, how many of these cases getting publicity were unarmed black men? The training for law enforcement is lacking severely. 

There's the problem. I fully believe this is where police reform should come, which will help the problem. Too many times non violent police calls end in people being shot by police. That shouldn't happen. There has to be better ways to handle a non violent situation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And it's more than likely not all protesters are looting and causing violence.

There's always a double standard. 

My whole point was that I don’t like when one group of people being generalized as good or bad , regardless if it’s the cops , protesters or any other 

Excellent way to support the Marxist agenda. Perhaps we should celebrate with a riot and light the stadium on fire. Seriously, who has BLM helped. They hurt their own. Can we please create an organization that actually helps the black community. Celebrating and making heroes out of rapists, drug addicts and criminals is ridiculous. I have not seen one BLM outreach where those who need the help receive it.

And that video is a piece of pandering crap.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For the life of me, I can't see how people take the POV that protesters are criticizing "all cops."   

Do people lump all Bills fans into the same pot as the one hundred or so that get arrested after each home game?    Or make a broad brush statement that all drinkers are the same as a guy with multiple DUIs?    

The 'Defund the Police' tag line does a huge disservice to reform.   Most all people want the police to protect and serve.  That's a no-brainer.    What the rally cry should have been is "Demilaterize the Police," which is the biggest shift in policing in the past 20 years...and scenes of which pepper that Bills video.   

So why didn’t they put a good cop in that video to show that they’re not against the police but ONLY against the bad ones ????

instead of making ALL cops look like the KKK

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Excellent way to support the Marxist agenda. Perhaps we should celebrate with a riot and light the stadium on fire. Seriously, who has BLM helped. They hurt their own. Can we please create an organization that actually helps the black community. Celebrating and making heroes out of rapists, drug addicts and criminals is ridiculous. I have not seen one BLM outreach where those who need the help receive it.

Be prepared for the onslaught ..

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I knew someone who was a racist, but he saw "black lives matter," on a helmet, and that totally changed his mind.  

Also, I knew an inner city kid in poverty, and that "black lives matter" sticker instantly helped him.  

It also stopped domestic abusers from running from the police and reaching for knives in their car.  

Yep. And when laws were passed to protect black people from discrimination in voting, lending, education, employment, etc., and to provide equal access to public services and facilities, etc.,  all the racist hearts and minds of people were magically changed forever. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

How about the slogans, "defund the police"?  That is a critique of all police.  Or the BLM folks in Portland shouting "burn it down" in front of the police station?  Or the instant rush to judgement on police shootings like the one in Wisconsin?  The NFL's embrace of this anti-American, anti-Police and therefore, interestingly, anti-minority group is disgusting and does NOTHIGN to help minorities around the country.  Virtue signaling is not virtue.  

or how about these tweets from one of BLM's founders: 

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

This "feared for my life" language is perhaps the new execution motto of America's largest gang, the police.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

The police are killing people. Officer Friendly is akin to the myth of the American Dream -- seductive but a deadly illusion nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There's the problem. I fully believe this is where police reform should come, which will help the problem. Too many times non violent police calls end in people being shot by police. That shouldn't happen. There has to be better ways to handle a non violent situation.

Curious?  How many times does this happen?  What is your definition of "non violent." ?  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, K-9 said:

Yep. And when laws were passed to protect black people from discrimination in voting, lending, education, employment, etc., and to provide equal access to public services and facilities, etc.,  all the racist hearts and minds of people were magically changed forever. 

you are equating Title VII and other EEO laws with a helmet sticker, kind of proves my point.  The former did something, the helmet sticker does nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'll never understand why this stuff makes people angry. If you get upset over this you're part of the problem. I've never been someone that felt racism was a problem in today's America because I never experienced it. Then I see how people react to those who stand up against it and now I understand. 

It's not the idea of the organization that makes people angry. It's the execution of it. So far all it has done is further decimate black communities, kill more innocent black men, women and children and cause the destruction of property. These videos of BLM harassing old people in the streets, looting stores, picking on the weaker members of society is pathetic.  Supporting this just gives them more money to destroy... We need a BLACK COMMUNITY MATTERS organization that creates positive change,  that goes into neighborhoods and rebuilds them. That creates community centers where black kids can thrive, learn and produce. Where black single mothers can get support. Not this.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

It's not the idea of the organization that makes people angry. It's the execution of it. So far all it has done is further decimate black communities, kill more innocent black men, women and children and cause the destruction of property. These videos of BLM harassing old people in the streets, looting stores, picking on the weaker members of society is pathetic.  Supporting this just gives them more money to destroy... We need a BLACK COMMUNITY MATTERS organization that creates positive change,  that goes into neighborhoods and rebuilds them. That creates community centers where black kids can thrive, learn and produce. Not this.

Nah to much to chew on here much easier to call everyone racists !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

BLM has lead to the most dialogue about social reform since the Civil Rights era. “Create an organization that actually helps,” you mean like the players in this same video are doing as we speak by donating to underprivileged communities to provide internet access for school? Something like that? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2