Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Honestly I made a statement about how some people feel about the bills virtue signaling using him as an example.

We don't need guys who make more money in one year then most of us in a lifetime telling us how bad they have it.(pro athletes, CEOs, Michelle obama)

Whatever your bromance with this dude is between you guys.

Honestly though, you didn’t.  You created a perception in your mind based off what I shared.  You then assumed his salary, assumed his associates are paid terribly and have poor quality of lives and that he’s going to tell you you’re evil because others like him have.

then I go the distance to tell you his ideals are actually more similar to yours which should have made you realize you pre-assumed, but instead of receiving it with grace, you continue to besmirch him and claim because I interviewed him, I have a bromance.  My advice to you is if you’re tired of hearing that your actions kinda suck (virtue signaling) let it shape better actions from you then what you clearly showed tonight and you’ll hear it less.  

“The ceo who makes 10000x the necessary income while his employees suffer and get sh*t wages and poor quality of life is the guy to tell us how evil we all are. Thats ironic.”

7 minutes ago, DFT said:

Honestly though, you didn’t.  You created a perception in your mind based off what I shared.  You then assumed his salary, assumed his associates are paid terribly and have poor quality of lives and that he’s going to tell you you’re evil because others like him have.

then I go the distance to tell you his ideals are actually more similar to yours which should have made you realize you pre-assumed, but instead of receiving it with grace, you continue to besmirch him and claim because I interviewed him, I have a bromance.  My advice to you is if you’re tired of hearing that your actions kinda suck (virtue signaling) let it shape better actions from you then what you clearly showed tonight and you’ll hear it less.  

“The ceo who makes 10000x the necessary income while his employees suffer and get sh*t wages and poor quality of life is the guy to tell us how evil we all are. Thats ironic.”

You need to go get your head checked no offense. 

Average starting wage at lowes is 13.00 an hour. Can you afford to live off that?

My actions? What are you smoking dude.

Do yourself a favor and give it up.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'll never understand why this stuff makes people angry. If you get upset over this you're part of the problem. I've never been someone that felt racism was a problem in today's America because I never experienced it. Then I see how people react to those who stand up against it and now I understand. 

I agree 100% and find people’s negative reactions embarrassing.

”Hey, you know something people?

I’m not black but there’s a whole lots a times I wish I could say I’m not white.”    
Frank Zappa - Trouble Every Day

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think your sarcasm detector may have malfunctioned

That gif is welcome in any thread

I hope that's what the Bills do to the Jets tomorrow

43 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Social justice is unjust...Lives matter, period....A Latino, Asian, White, or Native life unjustly taken matters just as much as a black life unjustly taken...

Thanks Captain Obvious

All cancer matters, too, just as much as breast cancer.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m just saying not all cops are bad and that there’s cops risking their lives every day to save/help people ,

That's very true.  I'd even go further and say I believe that most police officers are good, and want to "protect and serve"

But answer me this...when a police office does step out of bounds and use excessive force, what do you think other officers who are aware of this "bad apple" do?

9 hours ago, Beach said:

sorry, im not into this anti-cop stuff.  my friend, a cop, chased an armed robber.  he chose not to shoot him.  the robber shot him above his vest and it hit his clavicle and ricocheted into his heart and he died.  he had a quick decision to make and it cost him his life.  he is never coming back, his daughter is growing up without a father.  bad cops should be taken off the force but the majority arent bad at all.  they have a tough job and have to make decisions quickly.  

I hear you.  But do you think bad cops are taken off the force?  What is the mechanism for this?  How does it happen?

I typically lean conservative, although I hate that it automatically associates me with a whole bunch of other BS I don’t necessarily subscribe to. I think that’s the worst thing about political / social issues these days, you’re either labeled one extreme or the other.

I think that was well done and it’s hard to argue much about what was said. Hoping for better times for our country as a whole and hoping that in some small stupid way, this nfl season can help bring us together a bit, as weird as that sounds. Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Social justice is unjust...Lives matter, period....A Latino, Asian, White, or Native life unjustly taken matters just as much as a black life unjustly taken...

First sentence is nonsense.

The rest of what you said is exactly the problem: Even though all those lives SHOULD matter the same amount, the events throughout our country the past few years (or, hell, the past 400 years) show that black lives seem to matter less to many people, including many police precincts.

THAT'S the problem. What you said ("Lives matter, period") is true. It is not how things seem to operate in this country, however, so here we are.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic