She's not dead - she's just "stunned"

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you read this? She’s dead but was breathing “but it was a side affect” of medication given? Well.............it WORKED!!! 

Side effects may include:

• resuscitation
  • breathing
  • heartbeat
  • life
  • consciousness

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well I hope that scares her straight.  And yes I'm assuming it was an OD.  

assume away but not correct 

A 20-year-old woman, who had been pronounced dead early Sunday in Southfield, Mich., after a heart attack, was taken to a Detroit funeral home, where staff there found she was in fact still very much alive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-funeral-home-discovers-woman-152111979.html

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Side effects may include:

• resuscitation
  • breathing
  • heartbeat
  • life
  • consciousness

If it’s not printed on the label it doesn’t count. This was a labeling problem.

Oh, and a lack of common sense.......

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

assume away but not correct 

A 20-year-old woman, who had been pronounced dead early Sunday in Southfield, Mich., after a heart attack, was taken to a Detroit funeral home, where staff there found she was in fact still very much alive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-funeral-home-discovers-woman-152111979.html

Heart attack at 20?  I have a feeling some extracurriculars were going on. 

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have an alibi, so feel free to get to the bottom of things. 

Crazy how this could happen. So many questions about circumstances and quality of response. Glad she’s alive, and hope a lot of people learn from this hot mess. Amazing stuff. 

My son played AAU hoops with a kid who got an award for NEVER missing a SINGLE day of high school. The kid just never got sick! I was in the stands with him parents when they gave him an award. The dad said “yeah, I never got sick either.” The mom said “well, except that time you died”.  HUH???  He had never been “sick”, but he did have a heart attack and they brought him back after being “gone” for a while. 

45 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

it happens.  

my nephew had heart problems at 16. 

https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2019/12/22/what-causes-a-heart-attack-at-a-young-age/

women can suffer from heart attacks even when they're in their 20s and 30s. The following three women know from experience, and share their harrowing stories.

https://www.health.com/condition/heart-disease/heart-attack-young-women?amp=true

the story does not give her physical traits. 

she could be obese 

I guess coroners are so busy in Detroit that they are not being seen by coroners (directly to funeral home) with no autopsies.

I had a nightmare of being on a coroner's table once with me being on table and trying to communicate "I am alive!" but that is not surprising for had surgery where I woke during surgery and could not move and could feel them instruments around as they rebuilt my knee.  Fortunately pain killers were still working until an hour after surgery when I was screaming.  Nurse called doctor on call and he said medication they gave me should have put me out for 8 hours (obviously it didn't) and he gave me another medication which put me to sleep until I was woken by surgery doctor in morning.  When I told him that I could feel the surgery he said that is not unheard of and if they knew they would have given different medication.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it happens.  

my nephew had heart problems at 16. 

https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2019/12/22/what-causes-a-heart-attack-at-a-young-age/

women can suffer from heart attacks even when they're in their 20s and 30s. The following three women know from experience, and share their harrowing stories.

https://www.health.com/condition/heart-disease/heart-attack-young-women?amp=true

the story does not give her physical traits. 

she could be obese 

It's definitely not a male vs female issue... both sexes can have heart attacks at any age, depends on a lot of factors including the most important, genetics and diet.

I was getting an operation and they gave me the anesthesia.  I hear then getting the equipment ready and realize I'm bot totally under.  Started kicking my legs. They go "I guess he's not fully under, give him some more." This was about 40 years agoat Millard Filmore (Gates Circle) sp don't worry . They're all retired, dead, and the hospital is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 11:21 AM, Limeaid said:

I guess coroners are so busy in Detroit that they are not being seen by coroners (directly to funeral home) with no autopsies.

I had a nightmare of being on a coroner's table once with me being on table and trying to communicate "I am alive!" but that is not surprising for had surgery where I woke during surgery and could not move and could feel them instruments around as they rebuilt my knee.  Fortunately pain killers were still working until an hour after surgery when I was screaming.  Nurse called doctor on call and he said medication they gave me should have put me out for 8 hours (obviously it didn't) and he gave me another medication which put me to sleep until I was woken by surgery doctor in morning.  When I told him that I could feel the surgery he said that is not unheard of and if they knew they would have given different medication.

I woke up in the middle of my knee replacement surgery as my surgeon was hammering away getting the top plate into my femur - I guess the force of the hits shook me awake. I remember opening my eyes and seeing the surgeon with a large surgical mallet and his arm cocked back ready to take another swing and then his eyes grew large seeing me wake up. Luckily I didn't feel anything (except the jolt of the hit) and they put me back under immediately, but that sure was an experience.....

• Like (+1) 1

This was an issue in the preceeding centuries when we weren't  so advanced medically.   The reason why there were long drawn out "wakes."

The "safety coffin ⚰ " was invented with many  different  setups:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_coffin

It's  where "saved by the bell" came  to be an expression:

Safetycoffin.jpg

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Nick O'Leary just had a heart attack and he's a 27 year old pro athlete in great shape.

COVID-19?  Under 40 crowd, they  say are more prone to stroke  out. Not sure how  valid that is.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

COVID-19?  Under 40 crowd, they  say are more prone to stroke  out. Not sure how  valid that is.

That was my first thought. He had a 100% blockage, and I've seen reports of covid. making people's blood much thicker. That said, no further information came out of it, and I doubt it ever will.

• Thank you (+1) 1