Another Bills reporter trying to make himself the story

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, that's one of my points:

Twitter is problematic, because reporters often use the same account both to promote their professional work, AND to express their personal opinions.

I took it as M L-J doing the latter.

seems he's aware of it.

This seems a little disingenuous though.

Does seem like his issue was that he wanted more of an answer about Fromm's whole situation.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the type of stuff, intended or not that has our country moving backwards.   There is no opportunity for discussion, its one hundred percent about saying and doing exactly what the narrative demands of you.   Essentially the demand is to lie and placate rather than being honest about what you truly believe.   

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In my opinion politics should not even be brought up in interviews

Remember the 70s and 80s and 60s when politics was never discussed? It's like religion

It's a no-go discussion because it just causes friction

Fromm made a mistake, as a 20 year old kid, every single person alive made mistakes at 20

He already got dragged through the mud, I think his name has already got enough stains on it

I don’t remember the president ever calling athletes son of female dogs either. Or the Vice President wastes tax payer money on a publicity stunt to walk out of a football game?

and politics didn’t Come up with Muhammad Ali?  https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/americans-have-mixed-sports-and-politics-for-longer-than-you-think.amp

why is every single person along to post their garbage opinions on things on every social media platform but athletes, who are looked up to (right or wrong) can’t?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Muppy said:

ridiculous analogy.  Just because you dont buy his comment or agree with it doesnt make it vaguely spiritual crap. It was in context and backed by scripture which millions of people recognize as truth. Thats not Jake Fromms problem

Fromm quoted scripture in the loosest sense of the word "quoted" after he declared his intent not to answer the question.  That is Jake Fromm's problem. 

Quoting scripture, poorly I might add, is not inherently a good answer to all questions.  Scripture is not a get out of jail free card and it is pure and total crap when you hide behind scripture to avoid answering difficult questions.  You can duck a question without bringing your faith into the matter.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

ridiculous analogy.  Just because you dont buy his comment or agree with it doesnt make it vaguely spiritual crap. It was in context and backed by scripture which millions of people recognize as truth. Thats not Jake Fromms problem that MLJ doesnt get it or agree  or anyone else for that matter

I have no idea what this means.  What do you see as the context?  What do you see as the scriptural backing?

Asked his opinion on the state of social inequality in the country, Fromm said the "last thing I want to do is get political in any way" but added that he believed the "world would be a better place if we can love God first and then love people."

Question: "What is your opinion on the state of social inequality in the country?" 

Context: Fromm was just telling reporters he's spent the last two months learning about just that thing " seeing the world through a different lens"

Answer: "the world would be a better place if we can love God first and then love people"

How does that answer the question in its context?  If it's not vaguely spiritual but specific, what is the specific scriptural reference?  Genesis IX, 18–27?  Ephesians, VI, 5-7?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

seems he's aware of it.

Does seem like his issue was that he wanted more of an answer about Fromm's whole situation.

Haha. I’m so shocked Jason Whitlock got involved.  Catering to his audience. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was a cop out answer. 

I think he has said enough. He apologized to the team and admitted that he was wrong. Months later he is asked about it again. What are we expecting him to do at this point? He is a football player, not a politician. Not everyone needs to have an opinion on everything.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

seems he's aware of it.

“While I do believe he feels bad, I didn’t hear anything other than the predictable responses we are used to hearing 2 months after that text was aired out, I’d like to hear from him why that “elite white people” comment was wrong & what he’s learned about minority communities”

Marcel and I are in the same field.  My advice (which may not be worth a Canadian Pesos), is if you want more specific answers ask more specific questions.  What Marcel asked was answered.  The degree of which can be debated.  But reading Marcel’s follow-up thoughts and speaking only from a journalistic perspective...   The answers we seek lie in the questions we ask.  My opinion...

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This is the type of stuff, intended or not that has our country moving backwards.   There is no opportunity for discussion, its one hundred percent about saying and doing exactly what the narrative demands of you.   Essentially the demand is to lie and placate rather than being honest about what you truly believe.   

It seems like the reporter was asking for a discussion and Fromm didn’t want to, which is fine too.  

for a lot of people who are disenchanted, part of the issue is the problems keep getting ignored.  Kaepernick did a silent protest and got forced out of the league.  I think rioting is idiotic but guess what?  Things happened a lot quicker than in 2016. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I think he has said enough. He apologized to the team and admitted that he was wrong. Months later he is asked about it again. What are we expecting him to do at this point? He is a football player, not a politician. Not everyone needs to have an opinion on everything.

It sounded like a hide behind my faith cos that proves I am a good person answer. It doesn't. Not even close. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t remember the president ever calling athletes son of female dogs either. Or the Vice President wastes tax payer money on a publicity stunt to walk out of a football game?

and politics didn’t Come up with Muhammad Ali?  https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/americans-have-mixed-sports-and-politics-for-longer-than-you-think.amp

why is every single person along to post their garbage opinions on things on every social media platform but athletes, who are looked up to (right or wrong) can’t?

This is the only social media platform I use. And I don't even know if this even qualifies

But this is a messed up world. Up Is down and good is bad

Of course everybody has the right to speak their opinion. But for the large part of the 20th century politics was not water cooler talk

And everybody's opinions are different and it just causes more division. Politics has broken up families

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Joyner Lucas has an incredible song called “I’m Not Racist” where two people (one white, one black) come at each other with stereotypes and prejudices.  It’s an over-dramatic display of a “conversation”, but it’s an example of the conversation people keep saying we need in order to understand each other.   

However, people say we need a conversation but they don’t really mean that... instead they demand that you walk in lockstep with their points of view - All that does is create resentment and division.   If this is the way we attempt to rectify racial injustice, sadly, it won’t happen without tearing the country apart at the seams.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It sounded like a hide behind my faith cos that proves I am a good person answer. It doesn't. Not even close. 

No, I think he just doesn't want to get involved in the debate so he gave a generic answer. Which he has the right to do. MLJ asked him about how he feels in general about "what the country has faced." He isn't required to state his opinion on that.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know exactly how this talk with the media played out, but did Marcel ask for specific examples?  If you have the chance to ask that follow-up, you should be doing it face to face instead of on twitter.  Maybe he did, I don't know.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

This is the only social media platform I use. And I don't even know if this even qualifies

But this is a messed up world. Up Is down and good is bad

Of course everybody has the right to speak their opinion. But for the large part of the 20th century politics was not water cooler talk

And everybody's opinions are different and it just causes more division. Politics has broken up families

If politics break up your family, it wasn’t a strong family to begin with.  It’s ok not to blindly thing that same.

personally, I think a two party system is an absolute joke.  Both parties are idiotic yet morons cling to them like they are in a gang.    If one of the first things you tell me about yourself is your political Party, You probably aren’t that cool of a guy (the general you, not personally). 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It seems like the reporter was asking for a discussion and Fromm didn’t want to, which is fine too.  

for a lot of people who are disenchanted, part of the issue is the problems keep getting ignored.  Kaepernick did a silent protest and got forced out of the league.  I think rioting is idiotic but guess what?  Things happened a lot quicker than in 2016. 

And I think it was smart of Fromm.  The guy just got crucified publicly.  I probably would have reserved my thoughts as well.   If the reporter wanted a discussion, have it privately, not in a forum where the guy can be picked apart.   If I was Fromm I wouldnt answer another question or send another text for the rest of my life.

Just now, SCBills said:

Joyner Lucas has an incredible song called “I’m Not Racist” where two people (one white, one black) come at each other with stereotypes and prejudices.  It’s an over-dramatic display of a “conversation”, but it’s an example of the conversation people keep saying we need in order to understand each other.   

However, people say we need a conversation but they don’t really mean that... instead they demand that you walk in lockstep with their points of view - All that does is create resentment and division.  

I’m able to do this with my friends who have different point of views than me.  Personally, and it has nothing to do with a political group, I think we have a terrible leader who is the main reason for the divide.  He doesn’t even pretend to try and unify his country.   Like if the governor from Ohio was the president, these issues won’t be this glaring.  

mans read my posts when he tried to buy the Bills. That reality tv host has been a clown for a long time.  Even when he was a Democrat.