Evil People

Golden Goat

19 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Countess Elizabeth Báthory (AKA 'The Blood Countess')
                  Most prolific female serial killer in history

elizabeth-bathory-2aad2w5.jpg

Body count: ~650

" ... The atrocities described most consistently included severe beatings; burning or mutilation of hands; biting the flesh off the faces, arms and other body parts; freezing or starving to death. The use of needles was also mentioned by the collaborators in court."

The Astonishing Legends podcast did a couple of episodes on her last year. If everything attributed to her is true, she's probably one of the most evil people to ever walk the Earth.

I'm not sure exactly where I stand on just how valid the claims are. I can definitely see merit in the thoughts of the likes of Laszlo Nagy that the accusations could've been politically motivated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm not sure exactly where I stand on just how valid the claims are. I can definitely see merit in the thoughts of the likes of Laszlo Nagy that the accusations could've been politically motivated. 

Definitely could have been political, considering the time and the place.

Speaking of "did it happen..." I'm fascinated by Vera Renczi, who's alleged to have poisoned her two husbands and her son, as well as 29 "dates." But here's the twist -- she allegedly collected them, placing them in bronze coffins in her basement, and "visiting" them whenever she felt... errrr... "nostalgic."

d3c2c-vera-renczi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

In October 1987, he confessed to murdering Suzanne Korcz, 27, in Amherst, New York.

Don't remember the case, but what an evil person.

Chevy, I'm not kidding you about this. I went to grade school with a Suzanne Korcz at SME in Lancaster. She was my first girlfriend and we were going to get married lol... I even bought her a ring. A cheapie but a ring nontheless.  Do you know of any article that mentions this murder and if so could you post a link? She is in all of my class photo's from the 60's if this is the same girl/woman.

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Chevy, I'm not kidding you about this. I went to grade school with a Suzanne Korcz at SME in Lancaster. She was my first girlfriend and we were going to get married lol... I even bought her a ring. A cheapie but a ring nontheless.  Do you know of any article that mentions this murder and if so could you post a link? She is in all of my class photo's from the 60's if this is the same girl/woman.

Wow, That's wild. My condolences. It's in the article that Gary M linked above.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Wow, That's wild. My condolences. It's in the article that Gary M linked above.

Yeah, I saw it mentioned in the article... didn't know if you had a link because you quoted just that one part. It is just bizarre seeing her name after all this time.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:09 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

In October 1987, he confessed to murdering Suzanne Korcz, 27, in Amherst, New York.

Don't remember the case, but what an evil person.

If you hadn't posted this one snippet from the article I might have missed it altogether. As it turns out... got confirmation this am... this Was indeed the girl I went to grade school with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

If you hadn't posted this one snippet from the article I might have missed it altogether. As it turns out... got confirmation this am... this Was indeed the girl I went to grade school with. 

You have a sound alibi, don’t lose any more sleep.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T&C said:

Well, I’m happy it led you to dig more and find out, but sad her life was taken. I hope there is a special room in hell just for that cretin to burn in eternity.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Mel Hall former baseball player.  He bullied Bernie Williams when he started in the league because he was jealous.  But much more worse than that he was a sexual predator on young girls

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5883593/the-many-crimes-of-mel-hall

This is crazy because I never knew about his crimes.  Mel grew up in Montezuma which borders my home town, Auburn.  I used to see him quite a bit around town, as his brother (who worked as a construction laborer for my father) still lived in Auburn.  He was sort of a local hero, and would often show up to the local little league field to watch.  I remember one time he threw a bunch of cash down on the counter of the snack shack and all the kids got to get all the snowcones, soda, or hot dogs they wanted.  Parents flocked him for autographs.

What the hell was wrong with the parents of that girl?!  Reminds me of that weird documentary on Netflix, “Abducted in Plain Sight.”

His brother, whose name escapes me, worked for my father but developed a bad crack habit and ended up homeless.  Pretty sure he is dead now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is crazy because I never knew about his crimes.  Mel grew up in Montezuma which borders my home town, Auburn.  I used to see him quite a bit around town, as his brother (who worked as a construction laborer for my father) still lived in Auburn.  He was sort of a local hero, and would often show up to the local little league field to watch.  I remember one time he threw a bunch of cash down on the counter of the snack shack and all the kids got to get all the snowcones, soda, or hot dogs they wanted.  Parents flocked him for autographs.

What the hell was wrong with the parents of that girl?!  Reminds me of that weird documentary on Netflix, “Abducted in Plain Sight.”

His brother, whose name escapes me, worked for my father but developed a bad crack habit and ended up homeless.  Pretty sure he is dead now.

I'm a Met fan but I do recall those early 90's Yankee teams well.  I was still in grade school.  Where I live oddly enough the Mets were on the premium Sports Channel and my dad didn't want to pay for it.  So Yankee games I watched a lot of on MSG.  Watching those games taught me the fundamentals of the game.  

I still recall Mel hitting a walk off HR on Memorial Day I believe against the Red Sox.  It's where Da Yankeesss win phrase might have started.  

My personal nostalgia aside, I mean maybe the girls parents thought he was their meal ticket?

The snack shack story I did love though.  

On 7/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

https://www.biography.com/crime-figure/ed-gein

When I was researching PhD programs, I had a fleeting interest in forensic psychology.  Used to watch every serial killer documentary I could find.  Ed Gein is one of the most disturbing and evil individuals I came across.  Dude was freaking twisted.  Major authoritarian mommy issues.

Arthur Shawcross is one I heard about frequently growing up in central NY.  I worked at a furniture store on Lyell Ave. that was a few doors down from the bar from which he abducted a lot of his prostitute victims.  

I remember Shawcross, he was one twisted individual.

Thing with him was he never should have been released from prison. IIRC, before he came to Rochester and went on his killing spree, he was in prison someplace else in NY for murdering two young children.

image.jpeg.978617cc9a27374487ccc81ebecb0071.jpeg

Edited by frostbitmic

16 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I remember Shawcross, he was one twisted individual.

Thing with him was he never should have been released from prison. IIRC, before he came to Rochester and went on his killing spree, he was in prison someplace else in NY for murdering two young children.

image.jpeg.978617cc9a27374487ccc81ebecb0071.jpeg

Yeah.  He killed a young boy and girl up in Watertown.  Plead guilty to a manslaughter charge, and only served 14 years of a 25 year sentence.  Horrible failure by the criminal justice system for sure.  I found it interesting, after all the humans he murdered, the most “severe” charge he was convicted of was 2nd degree murder.  I don’t know about those kids, but those prostitute murders were definitely premeditated.

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah.  He killed a young boy and girl up in Watertown.  Plead guilty to a manslaughter charge, and only served 14 years of a 25 year sentence.  Horrible failure by the criminal justice system for sure.  I found it interesting, after all the humans he murdered, the most “severe” charge he was convicted of was 2nd degree murder.  I don’t know about those kids, but those prostitute murders were definitely premeditated.

There’s a documentary about him on Netflix. I don’t remember the name unfortunately. He’s interviewed on it. IIrc he’s got a really weird tic where he can’t stop blinking.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:13 PM, Warcodered said:

I listened to the podcast about him a few months ago. What a crazy story. The dating game part turns out to be the least interesting thing about him. That’s how nuts he is.

7 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

There’s a documentary about him on Netflix. I don’t remember the name unfortunately. He’s interviewed on it. IIrc he’s got a really weird tic where he can’t stop blinking.

Interview with a Serial Killer.  It’s an interesting watch for sure.  He is very candid about his life and crimes.