Antonio Brown interest: UPDATE AB says he's retiring AGAIN

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Only if we get better than the hot air balloon entrance to camp treatment as a fanbase--I would like to see him rent out an old space shuttle to show us he's really committed this time? :doh: 

giphy.gif

Seriously, HUDS, isn't that something?

My daughter will be in her teens in a few years, and I can't imagine (decades ago) that should would ever end up asking me, "Dad, tell me about space shuttles."

"Oh, dad, while you are at it, tell me what "Blockbuster" was." 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My daughter will be in her teens in a few years, and I can't imagine (decades ago) that should would ever end up asking me, "Dad, tell me about space shuttles."

The greatest story ever is blockbuster turning down Netflix back in the day.  I think it worked out well for blockbuster. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My son asked me the other day what a Walkman was, and did I have one.  I threw a pretzel at him and called him a wisears.  He’s 21 and was trying to tweak me.  My boys especially can be wisearses.  Reminds me of you and, Huds, Ridge and so on.  They are actually pretty funny kids.  They look up crap we grew up with and say dad remember 8 tracks, vcrs, etc.  their way of letting me know in their eyes I’m old.  It’s actually pretty funny.  My typical response other than an occasional snack thrown at them is to tell them using Belicheck’s line, go insta, snap, twit something.  Cue the Roll eyes By my sons.  At least my daughter is still sweet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

@NoHuddleKelly12

@Ridgewaycynic2013

@machine gun kelly

Guys I know technically they are still around, and hell maybe even in your parts...milk men.

I mean...milk men...crazy.

I visited Bagel, a member of this Board but who hasn't been around for awhile, down in New England a number of years ago...and they have a milk man.  The guy delivers milk, even chocolate milk, and cheese and cream.

...you guys...I just miss the past a bit, ya know?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cool story Donuts.  We didn’t have a milk man growing up in Hamburg, but when I tell people this, they laugh or are at least surprised.  We had a vending machine half a block away on South Park Ave. a milk machine.  You put you’re 50 cents in and an old cardboard quart of milk came out.  In the winter it was always frozen (shocker).  

I hated it as I was the youngest which otherwise means indentured servant, so you get done playing sports with you’re friends, then finish you’re hw., and Dad barking “we need milk for coffee in the morning”.  You put all that crap back on in 15 degree weather, and go down before you can watch a rerun of the Brady Bunch or Star Trek on Channel 29.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Cool story Donuts.  We didn’t have a milk man growing up in Hamburg, but when I tell people this, they laugh or are at least surprised.  We had a vending machine half a block away on South Park Ave. a milk machine.  You put you’re 50 cents in and an old cardboard quart of milk came out.  In the winter it was always frozen (shocker).  

I hated it as I was the youngest which otherwise means indentured servant, so you get done playing sports with you’re friends, then finish you’re hw., and Dad barking “we need milk for coffee in the morning”.  You put all that crap back on in 15 degree weather, and go down before you can watch a rerun of the Brady Bunch or Star Trek on Channel 29.

The Electric Cow.  I have heard stories of the Fisher Court version of that device. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@NoHuddleKelly12

@Ridgewaycynic2013

@machine gun kelly

Guys I know technically they are still around, and hell maybe in your parts...milk men.

I visited Bagel, a member of this Board but who hasn't been around for awhile, down in New England a number of years ago...and they have a milk man.  They guy delivers milk, even chocolate milk, and cheese and cream.

At home delivery services, Eggert Rd. / Winspear Ave. in the early 60s:

Milk delivery.  (multiple dairies)

Wonder bread / Hostess bakery products.

Green grocer.

Dry cleaners.

At times, we were a one car family, and mother at home with young children wasn't in a position to trundle three little ones onto an NFT to go grocery shopping.

If you ask my parents what was the greatest innovation of the 60s or 70s was, you would have gotten the reply when Mesmer Dairy came out with the quarts of milk in vending machines.  There was one on Century Rd. near Kensington Ave.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@NoHuddleKelly12

@Ridgewaycynic2013

@machine gun kelly

Guys I know technically they are still around, and hell maybe even in your parts...milk men.

I visited Bagel, a member of this Board but who hasn't been around for awhile, down in New England a number of years ago...and they have a milk man.  The guy delivers milk, even chocolate milk, and cheese and cream.

Donuts, speaking of the world of dairy, my grandparents in their later years operated a very small dairy farm in NE Pa, and I distinctly remember the sights, sounds and smells associated therewith—mostly positive, unless it was time to muck out the stalls :). Getting to bottle feed a tame calf by hand remains a childhood precious memory to this day. Remember these?

old-milk-cans-peter-moore.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Antonio Brown is the Kanye West of football

Perfect VP candidate to run with Mr. West.  Panders to the 'sports' vote as West panders to the 'entertainment' vote.  Voter registration across the nation will be replaced by an Instagram account being a prerequisite to casting a vote.

• Like (+1) 1

This guy doesn't know weather he's coming or going must have had 1 to many hits to the head. He now says he doesn't want to retire and that the NFL needs to get on with their investigation .

Why would any one want this guy on their team ?