Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not sure about momentous.  The NFL is so far behind the NBA, this coming from someone who hasn’t watched a full NBA game in years and years, that it’s not even funny.

I’m all for improvements, don’t get me wrong. I’m just not sure that Goodell or owners should be getting getting credit for something they are doing so late.

I agree somewhat. But it's a different fan base. Different animal. Even then I don't really recall NBA players kneeling during the anthem.  And with a league almost entirely black and games almost every night you would think many players would have. 

I don't think Goodell or the league are really looking for any credit here. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

They certainly have more than the NFL with no professional football players.

If there was no NFL all of the owners would be billionaires. 90% of players would be working for minimum wage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

If there was no NFL all of the owners would be billionaires. 90% of players would be working for minimum wage.

Right, they're all going to be working minimum wage with their college degrees and 99.9th percentile athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Right, they're all going to be working minimum wage with their college degrees and 99.9th percentile athleticism. 

The only former NFL player in my office has an MBA and makes about $300K a year. We have another former player out of our Austin office though. He makes about $500K. I guess those must be the exceptions. Believe it or not they’re both black too ??

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

hang on. You think nfl players could actually graduate?

Retired NFL players have a college graduation rate of about 80%. The general population is about 30%. Carry on though, hope you learned something today. 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/development-pipeline/college-advisory-committee/nfl-player-fact-vs-fiction/

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

hang on. You think nfl players could actually graduate?

I think the players in the NFL are representative of the NFL fan base...some very smart, some very ignorant. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yeah...as someone said...we are seeing a lot of words...but no action !

Words are a start when you consider the NFL didn’t even offer those before, either.

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL....like those players would even give a crap about playing in the NCAA without the possibility of playing in the NFL.

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

LOL....like those players would even give a crap about playing in the NCAA without the possibility of playing in the NFL.

Even if it's a degree by default, they still have one and all the future wages such ownership portends.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

LOL....like thos players would even give a crap about playing in the NCAA without the possibility of playing inbthe NFL.

I didn’t give a crap about working in insurance until I saw what the senior guys were making. I’m sure most lawyers don’t give a crap about law school. They care about the payout at the end. What’s the difference?

• Like (+1) 1

Such a bunch of absolute scumbags.

What he meant was: 

"Please keep giving us your money.  And don't stop."

This guy would say ANYTHING to keep the golden goose happy and laying eggs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Not very representative then imo

I was just addressing aristocrat (ie: elite white guy) tired trope that all of these guys are stupid.  Besides, if you ever dare venture to PPP, it is proof that college degrees aren't necessarily good indications of intelligence.

• Haha (+1) 1