Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Do you think that the ultimate melting pot of different peoples and cultures doesn't contribute to this?  Difference has always meant conflict.

Not really. Look at Great Britain. 3 people killed by law enforcement last year and they have major race issues there, probably as tense as here. I think we have systemic racism and poverty and we hire too many thugs to be police officers.

Just now, Gugny said:

@Jaraxxus, please tell me what's so funny about this.  Have you ever lost your career for a legal, silent protest?

It's funny because years later, you can't understand simple business. If you're a mediocre QB who causes any headaches and expects a bigger contract, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for owners.

Also. Have you ever kneeled at work during a meeting?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Some of it’s the nature of the league too. The NBA players don’t wear helmets. They are the most recognizable athletes in the country. I could pick out a role player on the Sacramento Kong’s but didn’t know who a few of those guys in that video were by face. There’s nothing that the NFL can do about that but it is absolutely a factor.

Doubt that’s the issue...more team size. Players are introduced now (and personified) in the NFL so this doesn’t seem reasonable to me...but who am I? Could be wrong. 

Edited by TroutDog

1 minute ago, Happy said:

Concur that black inclusion in pro sports has made them better.  i have to disagree that current events are like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier.  The league is already integrated and overall is not racist; there may be players here and there, but as a whole racism is not tolerated.  What is happening now concerns race relations with a fraction of the nation's police force.  Players are not prevented from playing sports because of their ethnicity.

I used the jackie robinson example as more of social issues and sports being combined, not crossing racial barriers in sports.  And that fraction of police officers seems to be larger than what many thought. Fractions can be big in relation to the whole number.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Not really. Look at Great Britain. 3 people killed by law enforcement last year and they have major race issues there, probably as tense as here. I think we have systemic racism and poverty and we hire too many thugs to be police officers.

What's their gun policy?

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

What was the catalyst for riots in the UK?

12 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I have to admit. Many of these CEOs coming out now in support for social change seems more like shrewd business decisions. Once they do, after no one has been murdered, I’ll take more notice. 

Amen. They were all complicit in denouncing and blackballing Kaep. How truly sincere these owners are now to really support destroying racism may definitely be more motivated by money. All it would've taken is 1 white owner coming to the support of Kaep in 2016. But none had the stones or moral conviction to do it. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

4 minutes ago, LB3 said:

It's funny because years later, you can't understand simple business. If you're a mediocre QB who causes any headaches and expects a bigger contract, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for owners.

Also. Have you ever kneeled at work during a meeting?

Forget years ago .. you think there are 63 better QBs on earth right now?   I don't.

And your comparison is too simple to respond to. Do better.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Forget years ago .. you think there are 63 better QBs on earth right now?   I don't.

And your comparison is too simple to respond to. Do better.

Yes there are 63 better. Are you joking?

Don't talk about justice. Be about justice. Do you kneel in corporate meetings? If not, you're just part of the problem.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Doubt that’s the issue...more team size. Players are introduced now (and personified) in the NFL so this doesn’t seem reasonable to me...but who am I? Could be wrong. 

It’s not though. That video featured stars in the league. Jamal Adams is a 1st team all-pro and the best safety in football. Do you know what he looks like? I don’t. The same with Marlon Humphrey, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Aaron Donald, Julio Jones, etc... I would recognize Patty Mills though. That’s kind of the point. There’s nothing that can be done but it is absolutely a part of it. NFL players are anonymous (the same for hockey players and to a lesser extent baseball players). 

There are certainly other parts. NBA ownership is infinitely more progressive than NFL ownership. The player leadership and league leadership are in lockstep. There’s trust.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Do you protest in corporate meetings? 

I'm not oppressed.  I'm not a victim of social injustice.  What in the holy name of ***** God are you trying to get at?  

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not oppressed.  I'm not a victim of social injustice.  What in the holy name of ***** God are you trying to get at?  

Try your silent, legal protest at work on the company dime when it matters. See how protected you are. Your overall point is nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Then again, I hadn't accumulated millions playing a game, either.

Also, I'm not a BLM activist. 

So there's that 

So you think being a professional athlete is simply playing a game?

Christ, you are painfully simple.  Go to PPP with people you have in common.  I'm above this.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't know. You can google as easy as I can.

I think UK has more of a religious problem, i.e. muslims integrating into English society.  A lot of Europe has this problem, not just Great Britain.