What if #BillsMafia was like the real Mafia?

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Actually the Bill's fanbase doesn't look bad at all. We are highly respected and considered a top fanbase and the name Bills Mafia looks bad to who? Old "get off my lawn!" guys who nobody wants to hear the opinion of.

NFL players know #BillsMafia. 

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

What about Bryan Cox?

He's family now.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would love to know how many Bills fans travel from Buffalo to away games vs travel from other cities. I travel to Buffalo for a game or two a year and to an away game or two a year. Will definitely go to SanFran and Vegas games.

Other than Steelers the Raiders fans seem to travel well to Bills games. No other team stands out as having a large presence in Ralph/New Era that I can recall.

Pats fans used to come to Buffalo in droves. But I doubt that happens anymore no that Tawmmy and Grawnk jilted them.  Giants fans make the trek once every 8 years.

19 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills mafia is as stupid a slogan as is the jumping on tables is the dumbest act. Makes Buffalo fans look terrible. Bills fan travel better than any other fan base and none of this nonsense goes on at away games even with 20K fans in attendance. 

U for real???  Sheesh....what a cranky pants you are.  Please stay in Portland.....

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would love to know how many Bills fans travel from Buffalo to away games vs travel from other cities. I travel to Buffalo for a game or two a year and to an away game or two a year. Will definitely go to SanFran and Vegas games.

Other than Steelers the Raiders fans seem to travel well to Bills games. No other team stands out as having a large presence in Ralph/New Era that I can recall.

Jets fans are all over the Ralph....or at least they were in the 90's and 00's.....

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The phrase has always come off as a bit too close to racist to me....but what do I know, I’m 100% Italian American. 

I guess to us 100% Sicilian Italian American the word mafia has a truer meaning.  

You never spoke of it.   If you wanted to stay healthy and keep all your teeth that is. 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:15 AM, iinii said:

Yeah and you don’t see big groups of away fans at Heinz field either. 

Except for the Bills game there last year. :thumbsup:

On 5/25/2020 at 11:12 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills fan travel better than any other fan base and none of this nonsense goes on at away games even with 20K fans in attendance. 

Not true. There is table jumping at every away game I've been at over the last few seasons. A main reason for going to away games is to bring the Orchard Park atmosphere to other cities. Bonus points if we can make them clutch their pearls. I'm not a huge fan of the nonsense, but it happens where ever BillsMafia shows up, and outsiders love us for it.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, without a drought said:

I was going to write the same thing.

That was my go to answer as a kid.

There ain't no Sanity clause either.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 5/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills mafia is as stupid a slogan as is the jumping on tables is the dumbest act. Makes Buffalo fans look terrible. Bills fan travel better than any other fan base and none of this nonsense goes on at away games even with 20K fans in attendance. 

Ok boomer... and I’m probably more of boomer age than you, but you are way more boomer than me, odd

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I guess to us 100% Sicilian Italian American the word mafia has a truer meaning.  

You never spoke of it.   If you wanted to stay healthy and keep all your teeth that is. 

Exactly right and exactly why I don’t care for the name. 

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The phrase has always come off as a bit too close to racist to me....but what do I know, I’m 100% Italian American. 

What about the Vikings or Fighting Irish(with a leprechaun)? I’m pretty sure those are dark points in either of their histories... I hate this ‘I’m offended by everything’ culture 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly right and exactly why I don’t care for the name. 

Ok boomer

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well Italians not a race it's a ethnicity

And there's Irish mafia, Italian mafia, Russian mafia, Bills Mafia, don't see nothing about race

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well Italians not a race it's a ethnicity

And there's Irish mafia, Italian mafia, Russian mafia, Bills Mafia, don't see nothing about race

He may be a racist because he thinks mafia is exclusive to Italians. 

27 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

He may be a racist because he thinks mafia is exclusive to Italians. 

The word mafia (Italian: [ˈmaːfja]) derives from the Sicilian adjective mafiusu, which, roughly translated, means "swagger", but can also be translated as "boldness" or "bravado".

So it's an Italian term that has grown larger and is now used to describe organized crime in other countries as well.