What if #BillsMafia was like the real Mafia?

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills mafia is as stupid a slogan as is the jumping on tables is the dumbest act. Makes Buffalo fans look terrible. Bills fan travel better than any other fan base and none of this nonsense goes on at away games even with 20K fans in attendance. 

Ethan, agreed on all points, but the Steelers are known for having 16 home games as they seem to travel better than any other team.  Not that I’m a Steelers fan, but respect how many you see in the stands at away games every year.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills mafia is as stupid a slogan as is the jumping on tables is the dumbest act. Makes Buffalo fans look terrible. Bills fan travel better than any other fan base and none of this nonsense goes on at away games even with 20K fans in attendance. 

Your attitude is a worse look for the fan base, in my honest opinion....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Va fangool

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Who gets wacked first, Chris Collinsworth or LaDanian Tomlinson?  Both hate the Bills.

Like Luca, they sleep with the fish... 

The word mafia derives from the Sicilian adjective mafiusu, which, roughly translated, means 'swagger', but can also be translated as 'boldness' or 'bravado'. In reference to a man, mafiusu (mafioso in Italian) in 19th century Sicily signified 'fearless', 'enterprising', and 'proud', according to scholar Diego Gambetta.

2 often not capitalized : a group of people likened to the Mafia especially : a group of people of similar interests or backgrounds prominent in a particular field or enterprise : clique

My personal feeling is that it means a tight bond exists between our fan base regardless of race sex religion politics or anything else.

If your a Bills fan your family just look at the tailgating and people sharing their food and drink with strangers. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ethan, agreed on all points, but the Steelers are known for having 16 home games as they seem to travel better than any other team.  Not that I’m a Steelers fan, but respect how many you see in the stands at away games every year.

Yeah and you don’t see big groups of away fans at Heinz field either. 

31 minutes ago, iinii said:

Yeah and you don’t see big groups of away fans at Heinz field either. 

Bills Mafia showed up big time at Heinz last year. As the game was coming to an end, and all the Steelers fans were emptying out, all Bills Mafia took their seats behind Buffalo's bench. It was amazing to see that in that stadium

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just wondering why, in your expert opinion, is Bills Mafia a “stupid slogan”?

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I would love to know how many Bills fans travel from Buffalo to away games vs travel from other cities. I travel to Buffalo for a game or two a year and to an away game or two a year. Will definitely go to SanFran and Vegas games.

Other than Steelers the Raiders fans seem to travel well to Bills games. No other team stands out as having a large presence in Ralph/New Era that I can recall.