Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

NFL testing helmet masks?

On 5/22/2020 at 10:07 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I posted a Vader helmet pages back but on my mobile I can’t see it.  

EXnCKQ_WsAIRGU4.jpg

not the same one. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS3zHMtLI-ZuYg1WoUcWJ

Hey, I met that guy!

On 5/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, transient said:

I'm not sure how they'll do it, and maybe I'm a naive extremist, but I'm assuming their solution is going to have to involve some aspect of "deployment" that limits teams' contact with the outside world to lessen the likelihood of the NFL season being derailed from outside exposure and also lessen any liability from internal exposure. While players and coaches are not likely to appreciate it, I would assume it's probably going to involve limited contact with friends and family.  I suspect ultimately it will come down to players and coaches accepting the terms of the modifications and individual risks, or having some other option for individuals to opt out of the season.

As far as the time missed, they're going to have to approach it like an injury. 3+ weeks for a high ankle sprain or a covid infection. It will just be a question of who a player takes with him to the injury report.

It will be interesting to see what the "solution" is. I suspect it will leave an asterisk in the record books if the season goes forward, kind of like a strike shortened season. If someone tests positive, depending on how they address proximity in locker rooms, wouldn't you have to quarantine a whole team for some length of time?  What happens then? Reschedule a game? Forfeit?

In my mind, all of this has a high likelihood of being a giant experimental exhibition season, which will be "all fun and games until someone loses an eye."

I would think they would be tested daily.  By August there should be quick test.  If guy is positive he is quarantined until he is tested negative.  It seems that Korean baseball is working.  I think NFL will make it work with mask protection and testing process.  Go Bills!

14 hours ago, Paulus said:

balaclava*

I did include a pic. 

F****** stupid food.

But awesome when properly made. They taste much better than those fruity scarfs.