Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, there were times when I was 23 where I prolly had a beer in one hand, a Marlboro Red in another hand, and had to drive and shift too! But that was way before phones. ! 

where do you keep all the weed and coke at ? 

10 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Texas law is moot ( thanks @JoPoy88for the correction) Didnt this happen in Montgomery County NY? Or am I misunderstanding that the gun was unregistered.

Don't know whether you're kidding or not. Montgomery Co, Texas.  As far as I know no determination on the gun has been released, I'm assuming it's registered.  The alternative is a really big idiot.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Well isn’t this just dandy. 

Yup.  News at a time of year where no news is good news.  A DWI and a gun violation in Texas, not an easy two-fer to pull off.  Stupid decisions to be sure and this will have an impact on Oliver (and possibly the Bills), but luckily no one was hurt.  

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, agree should never drive drunk. 

Did I say I have a beer every time I get in a car? Good to know that we have banned all people driving from a restaurant and bar if they have had a drink. I think that law where they take your keys when you have had a beer was the right choice. 

Good to know they do the same thing at the Bills game. 

Many cops will tell you to go right home if they catch you or to get a Uber. When I was 19 I got stopped and a cop told me to go right home, he was cool about it. From their POV though they’re trying to see if there’s any hard drugs in the car, so if they catch someone driving under the influence their main course of action is trying to find heroin, meth, pills etc. I’m kind of torn on this because some folks can only sober up if they’re in jail for 6 months on drug charges. Most DWIs will get reduced to a DUI if only alcohol is involved. Once again though they’re mainly trying to find the hard stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inaugural balls said:

I get 2 things from this:

1) your assessment of poor behavior is uncanny

2) your evaluation of talent is lacking 

Not sure 2 is accurate. He didn't exactly light the world on fire last season.

He looked to perform fairly well during that sobriety test. He messed up once during walking heal to toe but im sure anyone would be nervous when they are about to go to jail. His head didnt move once when they asked his eyes to follow  pen. He obviously had been drinking but based off video released i wouldnt say that was enough to convict him of a DWI. If he gets a good lawyer he may be able to get all charges dropped due to unlawful arrest.

Stupid move still however. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Don't know whether you're kidding or not. Montgomery Co, Texas.  As far as I know no determination on the gun has been released, I'm assuming it's registered.  The alternative is a really big idiot.

No. I saw the article that was an Orchard Park news feed and just assumed it was in NY. That said, many states determine consumption of alchohol while in posession of aa weapon illegal. My guess is the beer in his lap is what made the handgun illegal to possess.  Other states it is as stringent as under the influence. Anyone that has ever been to a hunting camp knows full well that law has many counts of violations. 

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

How in the he’ll is that an issue? Did you see him have any issue with coaches or teammates last year? Dude “ possibly”’made a mistake.  It sucks if he did, it is not a testament to his character.  Sure glad you have never made a mistake. 

Surprised they took blood, not surprised if he refused a breathalyzer . I was stopped about 6 years ago for speeding , had a roadie open , did all my tests perfectly . They said let’s do a breathalyzer just to be sure. Told em go take a flying leap. They had no basis to believe I was impaired. I would never take a breathalyzer , especially if I was a young black man. 

I did not see that quote. Is there another article , I only saw the PFT blog. Thx !

Give me a break. This is absolutely a testament to his character. Guys with great work ethic, integrity, and discipline do not have this happen to them, period.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Many cops will tell you to go right home if they catch you or to get a Uber. When I was 19 I got stopped and a cop told me to go right home, he was cool about it. From their POV though they’re trying to see if there’s any hard drugs in the car, so if they catch someone driving under the influence their main course of action is trying to find heroin, meth, pills etc. I’m kind of torn on this because some folks can only sober up if they’re in jail for 6 months on drug charges. Most DWIs will get reduced to a DUI if only alcohol is involved. Once again though they’re mainly trying to find the hard stuff.

I think if you are driving, and impaired over the legal limit , should be punished to full extent of the law. No leniency, as I believe Oliver should be. No debate on that one iota. 

my debate has been, and always will be , if I have one beer while driving in a car, or two beers at a bar and then drive home , am I and the general public safer after I lever the bar ? because why? 

If the argument is no driving after any drinking, and I mean none, let’s make everyone who has had one drink at a bar, a restaurant , Christmas gathering   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think if you are driving, and impaired over the legal limit , should be punished to full extent of the law. No leniency, as I believe Oliver should be. No debate on that one iota. 

my debate has been, and always will be , if I have one beer while driving in a car, or two beers at a bar and then drive home , am I and the general public safer after I lever the bar ? because why? 

If the argument is no driving after any drinking, and I mean none, let’s make everyone who has had one drink at a bar, a restaurant , Christmas gathering   

I believe in forgiveness for first time offenders, harsher treatment for repeat offenders. Kid is 23 years old, there’s no hard drugs in the car, reduce it to a DUI. Only time I believe in extensive jail time is if that person has a problem and they need that time to sober up in the slammer. Some folks need that 6 months in jail otherwise they’ll never get sober.

• Like (+1) 2