Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

2 games? 4 games?  What do you think?

2 is the minimum. Depends on whether the gun or the level of intoxication are such to be considered aggravating factors. If so more likely 4. But also much more likely from 2021 than 2020. 

That sucks. I would think 2 games. Luckily we couldn't ask for an easier start to our schedule so I'm not too concerned. What an idiot. 

How drunk do you have to be to not only be drinking as you drive but leave the can between your legs when you get pulled over.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How could I forget the ever elusive pass rush win rate?

Joe, I wouldn’t call you out for evaluating mainly on stats, only to be basing my argument on a statistic.
That’s just dumb. 

1 minute ago, BillsDude said:

At least he won't be booed once he returns with an empty stadium. 

Why would you boo him?  He isnt oj or Aaron Hernandez. The dude didnt hurt or kill anyone.  Sorry you live in a glass house

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good point the gun issue could add more. How drunk he is does too. If he hits the NFL's extreme intoxication limit the general punishment is 4 games. 

The Gun Charge will get tossed.  Clearly an add on. How do you catch a weapons charge in an open carry state?  

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

he was driving with a beer between his legs. 

I think it’s fair to raise a few red flags on maturity/judgement 

not for me. Made a mistake if he was over the limit..i have made prolly well over a 1000 in my lifetime.

And has it been reported anywhere what his test reulkts were? I mean we have him guilty as charged here...i assume we have proof of his trangressions ? Sure as hjell that video did not suppport that he was intoxicated from whet we can see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I was 23 once too. I get it. I’m not ready to crucify the guy but somebody should aware him on what drugs and alcohol can do to your life. I have 3 years sober on the 19th, wish I never touched the stuff at all. Can be the difference between him getting the veteran minimum with his next contract or him making $20 million a year, choice is his to make. 

Congratulations on the 3 years. I know how difficult fighting addiction can be. Keep up the good work man?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

It felt good to get out of the rain :flirt:

I think the officer asked him what his horse's name was and threw the book at him when he couldn't remember.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Gun Charge will get tossed.  Clearly an add on. How do you catch a weapons charge in an open carry state?  

It likely was an add on but that’s probably because they needed to do something with the gun and couldn’t just leave it in the car they just had towed

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good point the gun issue could add more. How drunk he is does too. If he hits the NFL's extreme intoxication limit the general punishment is 4 games. 

I'm hoping/expecting it to be under .15, which is the limit.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

It likely was an add on but that’s probably because they needed to do something with the gun and couldn’t just leave it in the car they just had towed

If the gun charge is tossed and he wasn't extremely drunk (didn't look extreme on the video but hard to tell) then we are talking two games.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is it because he had open alcohol  Or was drunk while carrying the weapon? I thought that is an issue in some states.

Stuff like this happens with young guys. Especially when they’re bored and the routine is messed up. It was a dumb move but I think some of y’all are being a little harsh. 
Easy to think you’re untouchable and on top of the world when you’re that young with that much money. We see guys doing dumb stuff all the time, at least he’s not in a Dunbar kinda situation 

• Like (+1) 7