CEN-CAL17 MOCK DRAFT

Based on Player trackers of who the Bills have met with.  I have been following the trackers, rumblings etc, went to the Senior Bowl and saw a few of these players first hand myself.

*Pick 54 - Josh Uche- Edge Michigan

Bills met with Uche at the Senior Bowl.  A Lorax type player to a Tee!!!  Has shown even though undersized can get to the QB. Also has shown the ability to drop into coverage (like 25% of his snaps at UM) and shown athleticism. Was unable to run at the combine due to mild injury at the Senior Bowl and Pro Day was canceled but is said to run a mid 4.5. Long Arms for only being  6'1", 245 lbs, nearly 34" arms, allows him to reach out and make contact first, an exact mold of Lorax.  Put on the Michigan Alabama game!!!  He played against 2 top end OTs and was getting constant pressure.  Would man inside and rush the gaps and was super disruptive.

*Pick 86 - Darryton Evans- RB Appalachian St

Bills fill the need of a solid RB2. The offense scheme doesnt change when he comes in the game.  A home run hitter with 4.41 Speed.  Bills have made multiple contacts with Evans.  Solid hand and good out of the backfield.  I think Beane loves this kid.

*Pick 128 - Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky- (TRADE UP 10 Spots roughly (top of rd 4), this is a 20 pts swing which will more than like cost the Bills their 5th round pick (25 pts).  Solid player, elusive and can play all over the field. ST ability.  Would be able to man Beasley's position in the slot.

****If not Bowden I still expect a trade up for a Player like Antonio Gibson.

If they stay Put at 128, Someone like KJ Osborn WR MIami is a sleeper here. Strong Stout kid, Buffalo ties, played with Tyree Jackson and Anthony Johnson at UB which the Bills scouted heavily, perfect for the slot WR role and STs ability as a return man. Showed well at the combine and is another 4.48 guy to man the slot.

*Pick 188 - James Morgan- QB Florida Int.  Not much to say here except I think the Bills are looking for a viable Backup after Barkley this year. 

*Pick 207- Chris Williamson - CB Minnesota.  Good size CB with some ability to make a squad.  Mostly Depth here, a lot of fans may see the Bills going CB early, I don't see them reaching. With White, Norman, Levi, T Johnson and EJ gaines.

*Pick 239- Joseph Charlton P South Carolina.  Tall Kid with a big leg.  I'd assume Mann from Texas A&M is gone as too is Turk as well from Arizona St.  Charlton is the next best option in my opinion.  Was solid at the Senior Bowl, Beane and Crew saw first hand.

Again, these are not necessarily my pick vs following the tracker, estimated draft position and who the bills like and have talked to.  

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Based on Player trackers of who the Bills have met with.  I have been following the trackers, rumblings etc, went to the Senior Bowl and saw a few of these players first hand myself.

*Pick 54 - Josh Uche- Edge Michigan

Bills met with Uche at the Senior Bowl.  A Lorax type player to a Tee!!!  Has shown even though undersized can get to the QB. Also has shown the ability to drop into coverage (like 25% of his snaps at UM) and shown athleticism. Was unable to run at the combine due to mild injury at the Senior Bowl and Pro Day was canceled but is said to run a mid 4.5. Long Arms for only being  6'1", 245 lbs, nearly 34" arms, allows him to reach out and make contact first, an exact mold of Lorax.  Put on the Michigan Alabama game!!!  He played against 2 top end OTs and was getting constant pressure.  Would man inside and rush the gaps and was super disruptive.

*Pick 86 - Darryton Evans- RB Appalachian St

Bills fill the need of a solid RB2. The offense scheme doesnt change when he comes in the game.  A home run hitter with 4.41 Speed.  Bills have made multiple contacts with Evans.  Solid hand and good out of the backfield.  I think Beane loves this kid.

*Pick 128 - Lynn Bowden (TRADE UP 10 Spots roughly, this is a 20 pts swing which will more than like cost the Bills their 5th round pick (25 pts).  Solid player, elusive and can play all over the field. ST ability.  Would be able to man Beasley's position in the slot.

****If not Bowden I still expect a trade up for a Player like Antonio Gibson.

If they stay Put at 128, Someone like KJ Osborn WR MIami is a sleeper here. Strong Stout kid, Buffalo ties, played with Tyree Jackson and Anthony Johnson at UB which the Bills scouted heavily, perfect for the slot WR role and STs ability as a return man. Showed well at the combine and is another 4.48 guy to man the slot.

*Pick 188 - James Morgan- QB Florida Int.  Not much to say here except I think the Bills are looking for a viable Backup after Barkley this year. 

*Pick 207- Chris Williamson - CB Minnesota.  Good size CB with some ability to make a squad.  Mostly Depth here, a lot of fans may see the Bills going CB early, I don't see them reaching. With White, Norman, Levi, T Johnson and EJ gaines.

*Pick 239- Joseph Charlton P South Carolina.  Tall Kid with a big leg.  I'd assume Mann from Texas A&M is gone as too is Turk as well from Arizona St.  Charlton is the next best option in my opinion.  Was solid at the Senior Bowl, Beane and Crew saw first hand.

Again, these are not necessarily my pick vs following the tracker, estimated draft position and who the bills like and have talked to.  

Solid

I don't believe KJ Osborne will get drafted . Maybe 7th round. Love the kid but there are just so many WRs I see him as a Priority UDFA. Does nothing excellent , just rock steady 

AJ83 was a better WR and didn't get drafted so I don't think KJ will

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Solid

I don't believe KJ Osborne will get drafted . Maybe 7th round. Love the kid but there are just so many WRs I see him as a Priority UDFA. Does nothing excellent , just rock steady 

I can see that, but at 5'11 205 lbs, super strong, 4.48 40 I think that leaves a lot to be desired after a strong combine.  Hes roughly the 30th ranked WR right now but based on his maturity, ties to buffalo, ability etc you can put him closer to the top 20 vs around 30.  I see roughly 12-15 WRs going in the top 100. So at 128? Maybe they pull the trigger.  5th round seems more realistic but it all depends on how much Buffalo likes the kid.  But I didn't highlight a 5th round pick. 

But pick # 167 round 5 is an option for sure.

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

I can see that, but at 5'11 205 lbs, super strong, 4.48 40 I think that leaves a lot to be desired after a strong combine.  Hes roughly the 30th ranked WR right now but based on his maturity, ties to buffalo, ability etc you can put him closer to the top 20 vs around 30.  I see roughly 12-15 WRs going in the top 100. So at 128? Maybe they pull the trigger.  5th round seems more realistic but it all depends on how much Buffalo likes the kid.  But I didn't highlight a 5th round pick. 

But pick # 167 round 5 is an option for sure.

I definitely think he's a solid football player. He is Rock strong and a very hard worker with good speed

Solid punt returner with great YAC ability

Pound for pound the strongest kid on UBs team. Gym rat

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I definitely think he's a solid football player. He is Rock strong and a very hard worker with good speed

Solid punt returner with great YAC ability

Pound for pound the strongest kid on UBs team. Gym rat

I'm also thinking Slot WR outside the top 15-20 WRs.  I like hes got a 38" vert too.  Honestly I havent seen much video on this kid, its all based on what I have read, his ties, and numbers he put up.  

Slot guys left around there, KJ Hill, Devin Duvernay, Quartney Davis, Kalija Lipscomb etc... who were all at the Senior Bowl and I just wasn't impressed. Plus thrown in KJ Osborn is faster than all those guys (except Duvernay who could be an option as well probably gone top 125 picks), and like you said stronger.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I'm also thinking Slot WR outside the top 15-20 WRs.  I like hes got a 38" vert too.  Honestly I havent seen much video on this kid, its all based on what I have read, his ties, and numbers he put up.  

Slot guys left around there, KJ Hill, Devin Duvernay, Quartney Davis, Kalija Lipscomb etc... who were all at the Senior Bowl and I just wasn't impressed. Plus thrown in KJ Osborn is faster than all those guys (except Duvernay who could be an option as well probably gone top 125 picks), and like you said stronger.

maybe I'm just down playing him in my own mind because I was shocked Anthony Johnson wasn't at least taken in the six 

He definitely was on the draft radar when he left UB he was solid with the canes

He does have strong hands and he plays big. I think he's a top 30 wide receiver in the class and I hope he's drafted

I like it a lot @CEN-CAL17 good stuff

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Anything without a wr is a no go for me

Did you read the whole thing? 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's third person thread time of the year!

it is terrible. I do like his draft though.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Solid

5th Round.... 174 overall. We will see how he turns out. 

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

5th Round.... 174 overall. We will see how he turns out. 

I was thinking about your prediction. Very good prediction

He's a great special team guy and I'm super glad he was. He is a very hard worker and talented player

• Like (+1) 1

I was pretty close I think!!!!

Pick 54 - Josh Uche- Edge Michigan - Went 60 Overall to NE -

***I would have taken AJ Epenesa knowing he'd be there at 54.

Pick 86 - Darryton Evans- RB Appalachian St - Went 93 Overall.

***I was thinking Speed vs Power back. Power back Zach Moss is best option.

Pick 128 - Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky (suspected trade up) Went 80 Overall to Titans. 

***I suspected a trade up to early round 4 for Bowden trading away round 5. I think we were all a little surprised Bowden went 80 overall, was thinking closer to 105-110. Bills grab Gabriel Davis WR Central Florida

***Bills Grab Jake Fromm QB Georgia pick 167, Was thinking James Morgan pick 188, read below. Also said KJ Osborn maybe around pick 128, but thought 167 was better.  Went pick 174 (some thought he'd go undrafted)

Pick 188 - James Morgan- QB Florida Int. Went 125 Overall to the Jets 

***Surprising pick here, 4th round pick to backup Darnold. Bills grab K Tyler Bass at 188 (love the pick).  I thought the Bills might go Kicker just not round 6, Lets be honest Haush$ is a Captain. 

Pick 207- Chris Williamson - CB Minnesota. 247 Overall to the Giants. 

***I had a feeling the Bills wouldn't reach for a CB early due to solid depth now, unless a top 5-6 CB dropped. Bills grabbed Isiah Hodgins, Solid WR who I thought would go a little earlier picks 190-200).

Pick 239- Joseph Charlton P South Carolina. UDFA Still unsigned I think. But a lot of fans were screaming for a punter here, Turk ASU.

***Bills finally grab CB Dane Jackson. Experienced CB, Captain of Pittsburgh

Overall I feel positions taken were spot on, even in the same round.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

8 - James Morgan- QB Florida Int. Went 125 Overall to the Jets 

***Surprising pick here, 4th round pick to backup Darnold. Bills grab K Tyler Bass.  I though the Bills might go Kicker just not round 5, Lets be honest Haush$ is a Captain. 

Bass was drafted in round 6 not 5.