Reports that the Virtual Mock NFL Draft Test didn't go to well

MAJBobby

Going to be a bunch of Richards and racist language all over that draft! 

man, I totally get the Diggs trade but I would love to have a 1st!!! I’m so excited for something sports related!  I even watched 5 minutes of the WNBA draft. I am so desperate haha.  

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

However it is a good thing Beane is doing this at his house on his Internet, with Oil being Negative a Barrel and Natural Gas in the tank as well.  Pegulas layoffs might have included changing the internet at OBD to dial up..

I just heard that AOL dial up sound in my head!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But as I said those millions of people also dont have this thing as a made for TV event.  and how many routinely auto-pick in those things 50%.

I mean, our group does it in a Google hangout. So there's video of the GMs, which the league will likely have access to. Commentary from the desk will likely be the same as normal, maybe with a slight delay if they are virtual. And instead of showing them walking up and getting their hat they're going to use a, probably extended, highlight reel of the player. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the players have camera setups at home for reaction shots too. It's really not going to be very different imo.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Has it been reported where the Bills will set up shop? 

Yeah Beane talked it let me find it

Also interesting he said there will be less trades something about a one time 2 minute extension if a trade is made, and issues with the UDFA period.

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah Beane talked it let me find it

I heard him say either the stadium or a house. He said most likely a house. I'm sure we'll see a story on it by draft night.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I can see it now...

ESPN 30 for 30: The 2020 NFL Draft

Well there will definitely be one on COVID-19. Drafts will be part of it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I heard him say either the stadium or a house. He said most likely a house. I'm sure we'll see a story on it by draft night.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Also this was interesting from Beane a week or so ago..

Recently speaking with Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane supported a potential solution to this problem, proposed by Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert, where the traditional seven-round draft would be expanded to 10 rounds.

Each year after the draft, teams suddenly become the ones pitching to prospects as those who don't get selected become free agents, getting to sign anywhere they prefer.

With team facilities closed and front office members, coaches, and scouts only connected online or over the phone, this process becomes quite a challenge.

"When you’re doing free agency like that after the seventh round, you’ve got everybody still in your draft room or at least down the hall,” Beane told Florio. “Now, trying to communicate because you only have so many dollars that you can allocate from a bonus and so lot of times you have several deals going. Once you agree to one, you’ve got to pull out of the others. If you’re chasing three tackles hoping to land one. If you’ve offered $15,000 to one and maybe you’re talking $12,000 to the other, but you don’t want them both. Once you get one in the boat, you’ve got to back out on the other. It’s a moving target. I think that will be an obstacle for all teams as we work through it remotely.”

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ah, it'll be fine...providing a Russ Brandon wannabe isn't cruising 'Adult Friend Finder' at the same time as their team is drafting.

ironic and true..his bro Gregg is the head legal at PSE and part of the exec leadership team at PSE now...you cant make this up, talk about a Buffalo kinda thing

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Ryan Pace tweet responses are hilarious!  “Too bad she couldn’t have unplugged it when he traded up for Mitch” ?

Agree I like the "With that Pace will b trading the Bears third round pick for the Vacuum. 

54 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Millions of people manage to draft fantasy football teams online every year. This isn't really that complex.

100% right.  If you cant figure out how to draft using a laptop you shouldnt be running a multi million dollar franchise.   Also, maybe your wife doesn't vacuum near the cords?  Unless she utterly hates you vacuuming can wait a few hours.