Draft Rumors 1 week out

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I guess they would get 18, 26 and a 2021 1st? Would that do it?

At least.  The 3rd pick is 2200 points.  The 18th and 26th are 1600.  If they count next year's 1st as equivalent to this year's 2nd, that's 510 points, which is 90 short. And then there's the premium for moving into the top-3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

At least.  The 3rd pick is 2200 points.  The 18th and 26th are 1600.  If they count next year's 1st as equivalent to this year's 2nd, that's 510 points, which is 90 short. And then there's the premium for moving into the top-3.

That Lions team also has a HUGE need at CB after trading away Slay. Would be hard to walk away from Okudah, especially with their HC coaching for his job next year.

46 minutes ago, hjnick said:

If I'm Detroit, I'm laughing all the way to the bank... Yep, trade with me at 3, I'll take your extra 1st round picks, THEN still probably get Okuda (CB sp?) or Tua at 5.... :thumbsup:

the rumor now is that miami is trying to get to 3 without giving up 5.  remember they have 3 1's this year, two 2's.  then two 1's and two 2's next year.  so they could give up the other two 1's this and a 1 next year which would be close to the points needed and still have all the normal picks next year to go along with both ones and both twos this year.  omg i wrote 1 and 2 so many times. 

if i'm det i do this. if i;m miami i do this too

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That Lions team also has a HUGE need at CB after trading away Slay. Would be hard to walk away from Okudah, especially with their HC coaching for his job next year.

Yup.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the rumor now is that miami is trying to get to 3 without giving up 5.  remember they have 3 1's this year, two 2's.  then two 1's and two 2's next year.  so they could give up the other two 1's this and a 1 next year which would be close to the points needed and still have all the normal picks next year to go along with both ones and both twos this year.  omg i wrote 1 and 2 so many times. 

It certainly would be good for the Lions' next HC...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess they would get 18, 26 and a 2021 1st? Would that do it?

If I am Detroit - if they want to keep 5 - then I want 18, 26, 39 and next years 1 (Miami).  I may even shoot for a later pick this year or the higher number 2 next year.  They have the picks and much like when the Bills had the picks - you make them part of the premium.

That would give you 3 more picks in the top 40 and an extra 1 next year - plus whatever else you got.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schrager's making me feel good about my mock! I've got CEH as my 2nd RB off the board, though at the top of the 2nd. I've got 3 OT's in the top 10, though I've got the Cardinals loving Becton's athleticism. I've got Simmons going 7th to the Panthers.

I have Dobbins and Taylor as 3rd rd RBs in the hot takes thread. I don’t know if they actually go there but I think it is where I would take them if i was drafting. So wouldn’t be surprised. RBs are going to come off the board slowly unless they are all purpose backs like Swift/CEH. Dobbins could fall because he didn’t test and teams lack info on him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have Dobbins and Taylor as 3rd rd RBs in the hot takes thread. I don’t know if they actually go there but I think it is where I would take them if i was drafting. So wouldn’t be surprised. RBs are going to come off the board slowly unless they are all purpose backs like Swift/CEH. Dobbins could fall because he didn’t test and teams like info on him. 

I've got Taylor to the Bucs and Dobbins to the Steelers in Rd2. CEH to the Chargers in Rd2. Swift to the Phins at 26. I'm struggling to mock TE's to literally anyone. 1st one is Kmet at 62, then Trautman at 93. Only did 3 rounds, only mocked 2 TEs.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've got Taylor to the Bucs and Dobbins to the Steelers in Rd2. 

Huh. I can think of someone else who had those two exact picks in round two.....

Both make a lot of sense to me. I don't see a back in round 1 tbh. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I wouldn't take that deal if I was Detroit.  You drop down to 18 and 26 this year and a first in the 8-18 range probably.

That is a huge drop where you are losing a bonafide high, 10 year in your program player (hopefully) for 1/2nd round graded draft picks, very far from sure things.  Now, if you get 5 in return, then you are still getting a legit high quality player.

IMO, Miami would have to overpay by a lot for me to lose that type of a player.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Welp, better change from pencil to sharpie!

Actually, we both had Rosen to the Bills. Better get the Eraser!

I had Swift first off the board to the Lions at the top of round 2, then Taylor to the Buccs, then CEH to the Rams and Dobbins to Steelers. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Both make a lot of sense to me. I don't see a back in round 1 tbh. 

Agree on the first bit, clearly. I've got Swift as my 17th best player. I think the Phins, with their abundance of picks, see value at 26 and pull the trigger.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I had Swift first off the board to the Lions at the top of round 2, then Taylor to the Buccs, then CEH to the Rams and Dobbins to Steelers. 

I have YGM falling to the Lions in RD2, or RB would be an option.

Just now, hjnick said:

I wouldn't take that deal if I was Detroit.  You drop down to 18 and 26 this year and a first in the 8-18 range probably.

That is a huge drop where you are losing a bonafide high, 10 year in your program player (hopefully) for 1/2nd round graded draft picks, very far from sure things.  Now, if you get 5 in return, then you are still getting a legit high quality player.

IMO, Miami would have to overpay by a lot for me to lose that type of a player.

I agree. Especially in this class. I have 3 maximum 4 absolute certs and you want me to walk away from one of them in Okudah to the point where I am getting a borderline true 1st round talent at #18? Yea I want #18, #26 and both your 1s next year. That gets me to the table. Now let's negotiate. Any less I don't answer your call. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Agree on the first bit, clearly. I've got Swift as my 17th best player. I think the Phins, with their abundance of picks, see value at 26 and pull the trigger.

I have YGM falling to the Lions in RD2, or RB would be an option.

I am lower on Swift which might influence it. I see a good running back. I don't see any special. I felt the same about Josh Jacobs last year. They are good players and they will have productive careers but they just don't pop off the tape to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Miami is not trying to trade away 5 to move up but move other picks to get an elite tackle and still take a QB in the top 10. Going to take some smooth operating but it's possible.

The only team involved is the Lions.  The Bengals, Skins and Giants aren't moving.  Again I don't see them trading down from 3 to 18 unless Miami gives up their 2-1sts and their 2nd-2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Which is a hefty price to pay and pretty much wipes out all their draft capital.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only team involved is the Lions.  The Bengals, Skins and Giants aren't moving.  Again I don't see them trading down from 3 to 18 unless Miami gives up their 2-1sts and their 2nd-2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Which is a hefty price to pay and pretty much wipes out all their draft capital.

When QBs are involved everything is on the table. They could set their franchise up at LT and QB for 15 years.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When QBs are involved everything is on the table. They could set their franchise up at LT and QB for 15 years.

Or waste their draft capital on guys who don't pan out. 

Would you do that deal?

The problem the Dolphins have is the same problem Cleveland had for about 5 years.  You have potentially 8 picks in the top 50 of the next 2 drafts.  You can’t develop and assimilate that many good young players into a team and even if you could, you can probably only afford to re-sign 4 or 5 of them at most.  I’d give up one of my extra firsts this year to make sure I get Tua.  Then if I have to move up from 18 for an OT, I can do that too.  I wouldn’t sit back and make 4 picks in the top 36 based on what falls to me.  

9 hours ago, PIZ said:

Now I like Brooks but come on folks.... ahead of Queen? No way. 

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

No.

What QB’s do well against interior pressure? Russell Wilson, maybe?

Yea the ones who can escape outside. Wilson and Watson were the two names that came to mind. They are guys where you want to bring edge pressure that keeps them in the pocket.