Draft Rumors 1 week out

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is what I've been thinking too. A lot of WRs will be drafted but only a few are in the upper tier of prospects. Bills did the right thing getting their #1 WR before the draft.

Uh, ok.  4-5 WR starters?  Ruggs, Jeudy, Ceedee, ?, ?     Mims, Aiyuk, Raegor, Jefferson, Higgins, Shenault   ?

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is what I've been thinking too. A lot of WRs will be drafted but only a few are in the upper tier of prospects. Bills did the right thing getting their #1 WR before the draft.

This is why despite him being universally unpopular on this board I still think Tee Higgins is going in the first round. Because I get the point being made here. If you are looking for every down outside receivers guys who can be true #1 types.... it is the top 3, then Higgins. After that it is why Denzel Mims is getting buzz despite being so sloppy and unrefined and Michael Pittman too even though to me he doesn't pop on tape. 

There are lots of other nice players... Justin Jefferson could be a beast from the slot, Brandon Aiyuk is a nice moveable piece, Hamler and Reagor are good deep ball guys, Shenault is a gadget guy. 

It just comes down to what NFL teams are looking for. And they want that guy who can line up wide in any formation and is a threat to run any route. A lot of the guys getting buzz don't fit that. 

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

There could very well be 5 WRs that go before 22, especially if teams start trading up for them.  I see at least 4.  And I'd much rather have Diggs than the 5th or 6th best WR prospect.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

More or less what I’m thinking.

I currently have Philly moving up to 13 for Ruggs. I have 5 1st round WRs. I have 6 1st round OTs.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i was just guessing. Has there ever been that big of a trade? Even the Ricky Williams trade wasn’t that big 

Biggest jumps I could find:

Bears move from 28 (second round) to 3 for Butkis (bad on my part...this trade was made during the prior year so it doesn't count)

Oilers move from 17 to 1 for Earl

cowboys move from 14 to 2 for Dorsett

Colts used next year's #1 to move up and take Jeff George.  That turned into the #13 pick the following year.

Edited by Cripple Creek

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Biggest jumps I could find:

Bears move from 28 (second round) to 3 for Butkis

Oilers move from 17 to 1 for Earl

cowboys move from 14 to 2 for Dorsett

Colts used next year's #1 to move up and take Jeff George.  That turned into the #13 pick the following year.

so nothing in the last 25 years?  every year the pats are supposedly moving up for someone it seems 

37 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chris Simms has him as RB1, and the only one deserving to go in the first round.

Helaire compares to Singletary does it make sense to draft a similar RB to one already on the roster.

I think I would draft defense in 2nd, WR in 3rd, and RB in the 4-5 rds.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Helaire compares to Singletary does it make sense to draft a similar RB to one already on the roster.

He does remind me of Singletary.  I wasn’t advocating the Bills draft him, although I would not object.

39 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

He was my favorite for a while, until I realized the Bills have no shot at getting him. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

A 5’7” RB with limited speed as a first round pick?  I’d be shocked if this happens.

Simms did not say Helaire would go in round 1; he said he feels he is an end of round 1 talent and the best RB in the draft.  I like Simms a lot, but I think he’s a day 2 guy myself.

Edited by mannc
  • Thank you (+1) 1